George Anthony Seriously Injured in Car Crash

Unsolved

Reaction score
GEORGE ANTHONY CRASH: Casey Anthony's dad injured in crash on I-4

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - George Anthony, whose daughter, Casey Anthony, was tried and found not guilty for killing her daughter, Caylee, was badly injured in a crash on I-4.

Florida Highway Patrol said George Anthony drove off I-4 westbound in Daytona Beach and flipped his wife Cindy’s 1999 Toyota 4-Runner on Saturday around 3 p.m.

A witness told FHP that Anthony traveled off the right shoulder a few miles before the exit for SR-44, troopers said. Anthony tried to swerve back onto the roadway before losing control and overturning several times, traveling through the right, center and left lanes before coming to a rest off the median shoulder, FHP said.

So now another disaster for the Anthony family. I was shocked to read this because I actually heard the report of this crash come in on the Volusia County fire channel/scanner (Broadcastify) that my husband listens to, and had no idea it would be George Anthony they were discussing.

I can only tell you what I heard, which might or might not be correct since it was as it was happening and with no investigation yet, etc. The dispatcher told the first responders that the caller reporting the crash that the man (GA) "might have had a seizure" before the crash. They said that the man (GA) "could not feel anything below the waist". They had to close down I 4 to land the Life Flight helicopter to fly him out.

"Incapacitating injuries" sounds serious as in paralyzed.He may need a caregiver for the remainder of his life,Hope Cindy is up to it. Although I disliked him for the lies, I felt sorry for George. Karma.

Casey Anthony’s dad injured in car accident

The Florida Highway Patrol says in a report that George Anthony’s SUV rolled over several times after he lost control Saturday night while traveling on Interstate 4 between Daytona Beach and Orlando.

According to troopers, Anthony didn’t remember what happened before the crash.

The report lists his condition at the time of the crash as “ill” or “fainted.” The crash left him with incapacitating injuries. He was taken to a hospital in serious condition.

Nancy Grace's page is the only one I've seen reporting a "fiery" crash. Does she have to be so dramatic about everything? Gee, I hope he's ok. I hate that whole family but gosh, I don't wish this on anybody.

Yeah pretty sure there was no fire - original dispatch never mentioned it, and it seemed (to me) like it took a little while for responders to arrive. "Unit such and such arriving on scene we have a vehicle that has flipped, etc." Then they called a trauma alert and asked for Life Flight. It also sounded to me like GA was still in the vehicle because the bypassers helping him were afraid to move him, and surely if the vehicle was on fire someone would have pulled him out.

Maybe they were going by traffic cam showing the fire units blocking the highway for the helicopter to land?

A seizure or a stroke? I'd think a stroke would be more likely. I didn't think people prone to seizures could get a valid drivers license.

I sure hope he is ok.

Not necessarily and it could have been an unknown disorder. My brother suddenly started having seizures a few years ago and while he could not drive for some time (not very long), he is allowed to. I'm sure it all depends on the situation and potential to control the onset. It is scary to think about though.

Best wishes to GA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back