Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As these are separate cases, albeit lumped together in one trial, has any announcement been made regarding order of dealing with the various cases ?

As these are separate cases, albeit lumped together in one trial, has any announcement been made regarding order of dealing with the various cases ?

I'm not aware of any but logically- and jmo of course - I'd guess the judge wants the 2 unknown cases dealt with first because of the nature of the 'evidence' in these two cases, so the credibility of the witnessess (CB's criminal tabloid-spilling buddies) concerned can be tested and examined in order to highlight any discrepancies or anomalies in their testimonies.

If they emerge 'unscathed' from these two cases and are seen as credible, then their testimony may be allowed to impact the HaB case, the one - the only one really - at the epicentre of this trial. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any but logically- and jmo of course - I'd guess the judge wants the 2 unknown cases dealt with first because of the nature of the 'evidence' in these two cases, so the credibility of the witnessess (CB's criminal tabloid-spilling buddies) concerned can be tested and examined in order to highlight any discrepancies or anomalies in their testimonies.

If they emerge 'unscathed' from these two cases and are seen as credible, then their testimony may be allowed to impact the HaB case, the one - the only one really - at the epicentre of this trial. Just my thoughts.

May I ask - which 2 cases? I have all them identified by someone. i.e. 10 year German girl, 11 year old Portuguese girl, 70-80 year old woman, 14 year old & HazelB. TIA!

@Niner The two unknown victims, the ones allegedly seen on video - the elderly woman and the 14yr old girl, no names, no dates of attacks - for which no other evidence apart from the testimonies of HeB and MS exists.

The other three cases are identified known victims.

Last edited:
@Niner The two unknown victims, the ones allegedly seen on video - the elderly woman and the 14yr old girl, no names, no dates of attacks - for which no other evidence apart from the testimonies of HeB and MS exists.

Do both witnesses claim to have seen both taped attacks ?

I "remember" transferring analogue video tape to DVD in a work situation pre circa 2005.

At that time it was pretty basic and nothing like future editing suites became.

But memory being fallible, I checked it out and the technology was there in 2005. Anyone with an interest in producing and distributing video content as CB appears to have been would have gained access to whatever was relevant state of the art technology. Particularly if there was money to be made from it.

Copilot
In 2005, transferring analog tapes to DVDs was a common task, especially for preserving precious memories captured on formats like Hi8 tapes. Let’s explore some methods you could have used back then:
  1. Using a DVD Recorder:
2001: The digital cameras I bought for use at our UN Observation Post on Israel/Lebanon & Israel/Syrian borders were Canon (Powershot IIRC) ... and it was loaded with/recorded onto CDs.

It was a step up from the "old" camera which recorded onto floppy disc (also considered 'digital' and may have been the "Powershots").

Last edited:
That explains a few things. There is no story, the police visited a house, that’s it until JC gets onto it.

Love the below quote from HCW - like a comedian who will only tell the punchline; not the joke!

We don’t need to hear from the prosecutors, the witness will sell their story to MSM for a six-pack of Stella next week.

The publication contacted Mr Wolters for comment. He said: “We do not comment on possible witnesses or other details regarding the investigation into the Maddie case.”
Fear not the red top have tracked him down and he's telling no body nothing , the paper or the BKA

Okay - thanks for that info. I shall correct my notes! :)

2001: The digital cameras I bought for use at our UN Observation Post on Israel/Lebanon & Israel/Syrian borders were Canon (Powershot IIRC) ... and it was loaded with/recorded onto CDs.

It was a step up from the "old" camera which recorded onto floppy disc (also considered 'digital' and may have been the "Powershots").

My set up was definitely more 'Heath Robinson' than yours but DVD technology has been available on the domestic market since the early nineties when it was indicated the discs were indestructible. They weren't, but certainly more robust than tape.

Anyway - without a doubt, it would have been possible for CB to have had access to the technology circa 2005 and before. I don't have an exact date but I would certainly agree with your 2001.

Perhaps he bought his setup from SM.

Snip
On day three of the trial, Braunschweig state court heard from key witness MS, who claimed he once discovered videos of Christian B sexually assaulting two females.
During extensive questioning by the judge and the defendant's lawyer, MS repeatedly claimed to not remember crucial details. His testimony also diverged from statements given at a trial in 2019, which saw CB be convicted of rape.

As the court session went on, defence lawyer FF asked the witness: "Do you suffer from Alzheimer's, or other diseases that affect memory?"

I don't know what the procedure is in German courts regarding who does the summing up and when, although I think the prosecution is allowed the last word. But MS has said his piece for the court and his testimony will duly be considered.

My opinion - there is an inherent weakness in the case without identifiable witnesses who are not there to tell their story which is not the situation regarding the two with identified survivors who did and will testify on their own behalf.
DM was able to describe in detail what she was forced to endure. As is HB.

Snip
On day three of the trial, Braunschweig state court heard from key witness MS, who claimed he once discovered videos of Christian B sexually assaulting two females.
During extensive questioning by the judge and the defendant's lawyer, MS repeatedly claimed to not remember crucial details. His testimony also diverged from statements given at a trial in 2019, which saw CB be convicted of rape.

As the court session went on, defence lawyer FF asked the witness: "Do you suffer from Alzheimer's, or other diseases that affect memory?"

I don't know what the procedure is in German courts regarding who does the summing up and when, although I think the prosecution is allowed the last word. But MS has said his piece for the court and his testimony will duly be considered.

My opinion - there is an inherent weakness in the case without identifiable witnesses who are not there to tell their story which is not the situation regarding the two with identified survivors who did and will testify on their own behalf.
DM was able to describe in detail what she was forced to endure. As is HB.
He's not exactly the most reliable witness is he. In the pictures he looked intoxicated to me..

This case has played on my mind alot...one of the things being they said he was a climber and that witness of HB saw a man climbing and yet the guys who stole the camcorder say it was one of those big old fashioned VHS types..
I just can't get a picture of him climbing up to an apartment with one of those old camcorders on his back... Then setting it all up ready for the rape and whatever ....I mean there is brash and there is taking the P brash

And that new video of the Sun newspaper harrassing the new person of interest is ridiculous... Why don't they just leave it to the detectives, The media have been all over this case and I'm starting to think it's outweighed the balance of this being a fair trial.

He's not exactly the most reliable witness is he. In the pictures he looked intoxicated to me..

This case has played on my mind alot...one of the things being they said he was a climber and that witness of HB saw a man climbing and yet the guys who stole the camcorder say it was one of those big old fashioned VHS types..
I just can't get a picture of him climbing up to an apartment with one of those old camcorders on his back... Then setting it all up ready for the rape and whatever ....I mean there is brash and there is taking the P brash

And that new video of the Sun newspaper harrassing the new person of interest is ridiculous... Why don't they just leave it to the detectives, The media have been all over this case and I'm starting to think it's outweighed the balance of this being a fair trial.
You are absolutely correct that there is far too much interference in the conduct of this case and the reason for that is self explanatory.

The 2019 rape trial which found CB guilty of aggravated rape was conducted with decorum because no-one knew of CB's association with another case.

Now that CB's cover has been blown, not even his lawyer is immune from being side-tracked. FF's day job of defending him against the five horrible cases he presently stands accused of could easily be compromised should he be beguiled into straying into territory which is nothing at all to do with those five indictments but something else entirely.

There is a case to be made that a prerequisite for an accused person receiving a fair trial is an adequate defence team giving full concentration to the matter in hand. At the moment I'm not sure they are doing that adequately.

So .. if .. as reported , this Ralph H. is an ex-associate of CB , he seems different from the other ones such as MT , He.B , MS ... they seem happy to talk about CB , but RH the opposite .. not wanting to talk .. one wonders why not ..
And RH does not seem to have been publicly mentioned by any of the " talking " associates .

Last edited:
I get the feeling this trial isn't going to tell us anything about the MM case.
It isn't intended to.
The trial is all about five separate sexual cases, not one of which has any relevance to the MM disappearance which is a different case entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201