*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

Exclusive: Interview with Jodi Arias' best friend
The friend and her mother missed the end of the penalty phase and explain themselves.

Male News anchor: An exclusive interview now with the person very close to Jodi, her best friend.

Female News anchor: We sat down with Donavan Bering, who was with Jodi Arias' mother, when the hung jury was announced.

Donavan: The minute it said we have a verdict, I was just stunned, I thought oh my goodness. So I called Sandy, and Sandy was beside herself. She had.. would never abandon her daughter.

Looks like Donavan wasn't exactly "with" the mom either.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Exclusive%3A+Interview+with+Jodi+Arias%27+best+friend/40280768001/35150280001/2405626916001

Here is the information about the cases where the penalty phase was retried.

Arizona juries that couldn’t decide on death penalty
By The Republic | azcentral.com The Republic | azcentral.com Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 AM

There have been at least five hung juries in the death-penalty phase of cases in Maricopa County since a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that juries and not judges should determine if there are sufficient reasons, called aggravating factors, to sentence a murderer to death.
<snipped>

In three of those, the new jury gave death. In one, the defendant got life after two juries reached hung decisions. In the other, the state decided not to ask for a new jury. A brief look at each case:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130522arizona-juries-that-couldnt-decide-on-death-penalty-prog.html

Exclusive: Jodi Arias juror 6 describes important trial details

Jodi Arias juror explains evidence that lead to get death penalty vote

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411843381001

Exclusive: Jodi Arias juror 6 answers your twitter questions

Jodi Arias juror 6 sits down for one on one conversation with Chris Williams as his twitter followers ask questions of the woman who sat in the front row of the Killer Romance Trial jury box.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411704415001

Previously posted:
Exclusive interview with Jodi Arias Juror #6
http://www.azcentral.com/video/2410041098001

Folks, please check your links after posting to make sure they work. We're removing broken links. Also, please be mindful of the copyright rule. Only 10% of any article or posting from other sites or articles may be posted on Websleuths and you must provide a (workable) link to the original statement or article.

Thank you.

Wild About Trial Courtroom
We are proud to present the first ever Twinterview (twitter interview) with juror #17, Tara Kelley aka "The Manicurist". It is scheduled to start at 2pm PDT and will be conducted exclusively through twitter. We have provided a chatroom below for you to discuss freely and we also have the WAT twitter feed and Tara's twitter feed automatically updating below the chat room. Thank you for taking part in the Twinterview!

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
I would like to thank @tarakelley320, Juror 17, aka The Manicurist from the #JodiArias trial for joining in this twinterview today.

Follow along and participate in our live spectator chat room by visiting the WAT Courtroom http://wildabouttrial.com/wat-courtroom.html …

The questions asked here will be a mixture of my questions and our followers questions that were submitted earlier. Enjoy!

Soo @tarakelley320 How tasty is that tasty court water after all? I noticed it was getting huge pours. #17WAT
Tara Kelley @tarakelley320
@WildAboutTrial I had to drink it once after forgetting my water:/ it is disgusting!!!! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Did you think in your wildest dreams that you would be chosen for this jury? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial out of 375 people..no way!!However the day of selections I had a feeling I would b/c I was the youngest female there #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Did you believe there was any abuse by Travis, either emotional or physical? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial no!!! I thought at times he said some mean things but I never thought she was abused! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 How was the foreman chosen? Was he elected, or did he volunteer? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial We had talked before about putting names in a hat and picking that way but idk if that is how they did it! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 If prosecution was able to prove that Jodi slashed Travis' tires, how would that have changed the jury's perspective? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial can't say that it would have! I believe the people that voted life did so b/c the felt some sort of abuse happened! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 When do you think the the premeditation began? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial May 26, 2008!

@tarakelley320 What is your opinion of that last text sent by Travis where he was so angry? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial it's part of my theory! I believe he found out about the sex tape and she threatened to blackmail him! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Do you want to tell us more about your theory now? Take a few tweets and expand upon it if you would like. #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial I believe on May 26, Travis was trying to break it off completely with Jodi! She got mad and threatened him with the #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial sex tape! He started calling her those names b/c he thought if he did she would finally leave him alone, especially #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial when he said u r the worst thing that ever happened to me! He was hoping that would make her stop! It only made her #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial really mad knowing he no longer wanted her! She couldn't take it! She planned the burglary and started planning his #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial death!She wanted to make sure she was the last he ever had sexually!She wanted that power of knowing she was his last#17WAT

@tarakelley320 great multi tweet answer Tara! Very twitter savvy. In your mind, does Jodi have any redeeming qualities? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but when she sat up there and lied constantly, it was hard to believe she did #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Did the juror room have billiards, darts, xbox with a 60 inch screen and a fireplace as I envisioned it having? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial I wish!! We did puzzles , played UNO, cribbage, and that's about it lol!

@tarakelley320 Is there anything that your have heard or seen since trial has ended that stands out to you as a game changer? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial I think those parent interrogation videos could have been a game changer! Shows they weren't shocked she did it #17WAT

@tarakelley320 What did u think of Kirk Nurmi when he said "9 days out of 10 I don't like Jodi Arias" #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial I believed it! There was never interaction b/w him and Jodi at the table! He never looked happy by her #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Did you think Alyce's analysis of domestic abuse applied to Jodi? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial no! I feel she is an advocate and truly believed Jodi was abused! However there was NO proof only her word #17WAT

@tarakelley320 What was the most damning piece of evidence against Jodi? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial wow that's a hard one!! Probably the camera! Showed a timeline of how quickly things happened! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 How nice would it have been to drink court water out of a sweet WAT mug instead of those tiny styrofoam shot cups? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial would have made it ALL Better!Valerie just emailed me And said we can't make fun of her water and she wants her mug! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Did you find Nurmi very hard to listen to with all the sex talk day after day after day? #17WAT
Answer to the last question is coming in a second, thanks for your patience people. #17WAT
@tarakelley320 Did you find Nurmi very hard to listen to with all the sex talk day after day after day? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial for some reason I'm not seeing the ? But it was hard listening to the sex talk over and over and Nurmi liked to talk #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial about sex over and over again #17WAT

@tarakelley320 Last few ?'s. What is your opinion of Juan's style towards Dr. Samuels and Laviolette? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial he was good, a little over the top at times but it worked! They were very flustered on that stand with him! #17WAT

@tarakelley320 So, does the system work? Are you happy that you were a juror? #17WAT
@WildAboutTrial yes the system works! It was a very long, emotional process but I am happy I got to do this!Met alot of great people #17WAT

Thank you very much Tara! We are all very appreciative that you took some time out to share with us your thoughts! What a great twinterview!

We would like to thank our amazing followers as well for their great questions! #17WAT

Perhaps we can get @tarakelley320 back soon for another session? Your WAT will be sent asap (so will Valenators). :)

@VallyV02 @tarakelley320 Valerie you did an amazing job of keeping the stylish carafes always full of tasty court water! Superb

Alison Triessl @AlisonTriessl
@tarakelley320 I personally can't thank you enough for an amazing interview. You provided such great insight.

https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial
http://wildabouttrial.com/

I thought this was interesting enough to include here, since we have discussed DP drug protocols, drug shortages, AZ procedures, etc.

4 States Pass Laws Hiding Names of Suppliers of Death Penalty Drugs

http://www.allgov.com/news/controve...ers-of-death-penalty-drugs-130524?news=850109

Georgia adopted a new law in March that deems any information about a “person or entity that manufactures, supplies, compounds, or prescribes the drugs, medical supplies or medical equipment” used in executions to be a “confidential state secret.”

In addition, three other states — Arkansas, South Dakota and Tennessee — have amended their public records laws to exempt the names of suppliers from disclosure. Officials in Texas, which leads the nation in executions, have also resisted requests for information about the drugs they use and their manufacturers.

http://www.propublica.org/article/a-prolonged-stay-the-reasons-behind-the-slow-pace-of-executions

Date: May 22, 2013

Ohio, which is second only to Texas in the number of executions carried out since 2010, said it will run out of the drug it uses in executions, pentobarbital, on Sept. 30. The state has two men scheduled for execution in November, and eight more set to be killed after that. Every state's supply of pentotbarbital, which has been the principal execution drug, expires at the end of November.

The problems for death penalty states, and the opening for opponents of the death penalty arose when the only company that had governmental approval to make the anesthetic, Hospira, announced in 2011 that it was suspending production because of manufacturing problems at its plant in North Carolina.

Arizona, with two executions pending in late 2011, managed to find another source of sodium thiopental; but it didn't want the public to know what it was or where it came from.

When lawyers for Jeffrey Landrigan, one of the men facing death, sought the name of the supplier, Arizona's state attorney general refused to say. Ultimately, on the eve of Landrigan's execution, the attorney general disclosed that the drug had come from Britain. He did so, he said, to allay fears that the drugs had been made in a Third World country and might be contaminated and unsafe.

Jodi Arias juror questions the judge wouldn&#8217;t ask

More than 400 unread juror questions from the Jodi Arias trial were unsealed, revealing even more pointed questions than what was heard in court.

http:
//www.azcentral.com/video/2437160829001

I noticed a mistake in that video. The judge did ask Jodi the juror question about her understanding of the word "*advertiser censored*" and she answered, in an evasive way, by saying it was a derogatory term about certain women.

filed- 6/3/2013 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) docket date-6/3/2013

filed- 6/3/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) docket date- 6/4/2013
NOTE: NOTICE OF POTENTIAL WITNESSES FOR TRIAL (PENALTY PHASE)

Jodi Arias prosecutors: We still plan to pursue death penalty

David Wallace / AP file
Jodi Arias stands as the jury is excused after the verdict for sentencing was declared a hung jury for her first degree murder conviction at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Ariz., on Thursday, May 23, 2013.

By David Schwartz, Reuters
PHOENIX — A top Arizona prosecutor said on Wednesday that the state still plans to seek the death penalty for convicted murderer Jodi Arias for killing her ex-boyfriend, after a jury deadlocked last month on whether she should be executed.
Arias, a former waitress from California, was found guilty last month of killing Travis Alexander, whose body was found slumped in the shower of his Phoenix-area home in June 2008. He had been stabbed 27 times, had his throat slashed and was shot in the face.
But the same eight-man, four-woman jury that convicted Arias of murder and quickly ruled her eligible for the death penalty subsequently failed to reach a consensus as to whether Arias should be executed, prompting a penalty phase mistrial.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
Advertise | AdChoices

The state of Arizona now has the option of retrying the sentencing phase of the trial, which would require a new jury be empanelled. If there is another deadlock, a judge would sentence Arias to natural life in prison, or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery told reporters prosecutors would ask a new sentencing jury to do what the previous one could not - put Arias to death.
"At this point, we are still preparing to move forward to retry the penalty phase," Montgomery told a news conference.
After the jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict on May 23, Montgomery said that his office would assess its next steps, but was proceeding "with the intent to retry the penalty phase."
A status hearing has been scheduled for June 20. A July 18 court date was set to select a new jury in the case.
The sensational trial began in January, becoming a staple with U.S. cable television viewers with its tale of a soft-spoken young women charged with such a brutal crime. The trial was punctuated with graphic testimony and bloody photographs.
Arias, 32, took the stand for a marathon 18 days and maintained throughout that the killing was in self-defense despite fierce cross-examination by prosecutors.
Copyright 2013 Thomson Reuters. Click for restrictions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter
Back