GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis D'Souza ‏ @cityfrancis
#Woodstock cops also in line outside #Rafferty trial courtroom.

Reminiscent of when they found lil Tori's broken body and they saluted as she was carried out...LOVE all these OfficersXOX

Francis D'Souza ‏ @cityfrancis
#ToriStafford brother Darryn is here. He too has a victim impact statement. But he may not read it.

((hugs Darryn))

Though first degree murder carries with it an automatic life sentence. The victim impact statements affect parole #rafferty

ToriStafford brother Darryn is here. He too has a victim impact statement. But he may not read it. #Rafferty

Today, Tori Stafford's family will read their V.I. statements, then Rafferty can speak, then he'll be sentenced. Starts at 10am.

Laws in Canada involving crimes against children need to change, there are more people like this sicko out there. There seems to be a daily story in the paper involving children and predators. The fact that the crown could not use the computer's is bothersome when we are dealing with children anything found should be admissible in a court of law. They can't protect themselves we adults need to protect them any way we can.

I just wanted to clarify for you, if it makes you feel any better, that TLM and MR will not be automatically released after 25 years. That is just the earliest date they can get their first parole hearing. They will separately appear before the parole board requesting to be released in 25 years (from their date of arrest in 2009...so in the year 2034). It is very likely that with the victim impact statements, neither will be granted parole. MR will most certainly spend the rest of his natural life behind bars.

Impact on my life: I became aktive and created a Block Parent Community in my neighbourhood.

ohhhhh I didn't know this!!

James Armstrong ‏ @jamesarmstrong7
Though first degree murder carries with it an automatic life sentence. The victim impact statements affect parole

n/t - will you be tweeting? Twitter is blocked at my work but I would to follow along...it would be much appreciated!!

I was finding pennies everywhere I went yesterday. Then when I went to bed, I saw a penny on my bed. Pennies from heaven! Rest in Peace Tori!

don"t believe that "Justice" can ever be served...as Rodney said, "Tori is never coming back" I am happy that these 2 monsters will be off the street and behind bars the rest of their lives! I just wish they were in prisons general population and not protected! They deserve to be tortured like Tori was!

Tara and Family and most of all Tori... The horror these monsters have done to a sweet and wonderful little girl has touched everyone all over the world... It has made us hold our children tight wherever we go, Woodstock has been robbed of the safe place to raise a family, I was sick to my stomach when I learned he lived only two blocks away from us, on the same street where my daughters played with there friends everyday. I hope you find peace and I truly believe Tori's story will never be forgotten. May you rest in peace you little angel. xo

I hope Darren is doing okay. That poor little boy.

R.I.P Tori Your A Sweet Lil Angel!

(Author unknown)
I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
this little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven,
That's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you,
They toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
To make a smile out of your frown.

So, don't pass by that penny,
When you're feeling blue. It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you.

I find the tweets today very comforting and a beautiful tribute to precious Tori and how she has touched lives

He will go to Millhaven to get processed and then he will be transferred to a federal pen, which could be anywhere in Canada.

He was removed from Elgin when the Bandidos were going to trial, because one of them threatened him. The Bandidos are now spread out at different pens in Canada, so there is no longer a threat for MR to be housed there temporarily while he was awaiting his trial and now his sentence.

I hadn't heard this. So, there's a chance that no matter what prison he goes to he will have one of these guys keeping an eye out for him.

Mark Carcasole ‏ @MarkCarc1010
Some of the jurors are here attending #Rafferty sentencing.

Wow!!!

Some of the jurors are here attending

A large crowd has gathered outside the court in anticipation that Michael #Rafferty could speak at his sentencing hearing

It impossible to imagine how these two could place such little value on this poor child's life. They should be locked up until the day they die. 25 years is not enough for this horrible crime

I just can't get Tori out of my mind. I'm crying when ever I think of her. It's almost like she's my own child and I'm grieving for her. I feel so connected...it's as though Tori became "our" child on that fateful day. We all collectively fell in-love with her.

It is hard to express how this little has touched my life. I have two little girls and because of her, i appreciate their life and the fact that they are safe so much more. I agree with an earlier post that Tori became this country's little daughter. I've grieved for her. I'm overcome with sadness when i think of the details of what she went through. I think a lot of positive will come from her story as she brought a lot of positive into the lives of people she knew. I am sure from Heaven she knows that the province searched three times around the moon for her, and that because of her we as a country stood up and said, "you cannot take our children in broad daylight and violate them like that. That is enough!" To her parents and family, I wish you peace and strength. Tori has not only touched our lives, but she has changed our country. Bless you little angel. RIP.

Mark Carcasole ‏ @MarkCarc1010
Some of the jurors are here attending #Rafferty sentencing.

Wow!!!

Wow is right. These Jurors should be extremely proud of themselves that they made the right decisions, especially what they know now.

They deserve to have a seat kept for them as well.

RODNEY STAFFORD "i m not going to share one tear for that *advertiser censored*" #RAFFERTY VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS TODAY

I would like to formally apologize to Tara and Rodney and Daryn on behalf of Woodstock today. We, as a commumnity failed to protect Tori. We as a community initially blamed them for having this happen to them. We blamed their lifestyle and their choices. We believed that because it was easier to believe it was their fault than it was to believe that we housed monsters in our City. Tori tuned Woodstock big time. She made our flaws in our own lifestyles come to light.

It impossible to imagine how these two could place such little value on this poor child's life. They should be locked up until the day they die. 25 years is not enough for this horrible crime

Finally......to all in this group and all who have followed this horrible tragedy, we need to move on now and today will finally be closure for everyone!

This video needs to be shown in parliment . Then maybe we can get the debate on capital punishment going ,

This case has captivated a community and a nation since the day little Tori went missing. It's hard to believe that there are "people" in our communities capable of such heinous crimes against another human let alone a child. I hope some good comes of this case and Parents remember not to take their children for granted because as seen in this case your world can be turned upside down in a matter of moments. Make sure your children know how much you love them every moment of every day. God bless the families and little Tori, I will never forget you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member