Hotel Cecil Rooftop Access Discussion

Interesting info on search and rescue dogs. If the body has changed its chemical make up significantly from how the body was during its living stage (the samples the dogs smelled to find her from when she was living) the dead body would be hard to detect!

"
The use of dogs in search activities takes advantage of dogs’ keen sense of smell. The exact nature of scent is the topic of current scientific investigation; however, loosely defined, scent is considered to be a combina- tion of chemicals that a dog can learn or be trained to identify. For example, hunting dogs identify specific animal scents, narcotics dogs identify narcotic scents, bomb dogs identify scents of explosives, and SAR dogs identify human scents. The distinctive scent that emanates from a live human is generated from contin- uous shedding of tiny flakes of skin mixed with per- spiration (watery and oily secretions). This material is called scurf. In addition to oils and watery secretions, scurf also carries many odors from a person’s clothing, shampoo, soap, deodorant, perfume, and other materi- als. Combined, these chemicals produce the scent fin- gerprint that appears to be unique to a single person. When a person dies, the unique scent emitted by that individual undergoes an almost immediate transforma- tion to a more generic scent associated with the loss of aerobic metabolism and proliferation of bacteria. Although a human does not notice the change until it is well advanced, a dog can immediately recognize the change in odor and accurately discriminate between live scent and cadaver scent.3 Although live scent is individual, cadaver scent is nonspecific and changes chemically over time during the different stages of decomposition of the body.3
Scent is most concentrated at its source (ie, the victim). The scent spreads and becomes progressive- ly less concentrated, forming a scent cone. Scent pools form when air is stagnant around the source. Factors such as wind, air temperature, humidity, soil temperature, and terrain can affect the scent cone or scent pool and where and how far it is dispersed.3 Wind can be channeled by obstructions and rapidly disperse scent in unexpected directions. The han- dler’s understanding of the dynamics of wind cur- rents is a critical part of the teamwork involved in a successful search."

So I believe, her body was exposed to the water and Any of her body sweat or skin would have been soaked in the water from tank and her own chemical makeup compromised by the chlorinated water in tank, this dogs could not smell her body. Maybe.

This might also mean that the dogs had no search of her being alive on the roof bc the only time her body was on the roof was after she was deceased. Otherwise the dogs would have smelled her living scent related to her/her bombings while alive.
Read on! https://www.avma.org/News/Journals/Collections/Documents/javma_225_6_854.pdf

Also it is windy on top of those buildings and was cold when they did those searches. Both could have affected the dogs scent cone, however if she would have step foot anywhere there would still be a cone. Maybe there were no scent cones for her on the roof other than inside the tank because her body didn't touch the roof as it was carried all the way to the tank.

Interesting info on search and rescue dogs. If the body has changed its chemical make up significantly from how the body was during its living stage (the samples the dogs smelled to find her from when she was living) the dead body would be hard to detect!

"
The use of dogs in search activities takes advantage of dogs’ keen sense of smell. The exact nature of scent is the topic of current scientific investigation; however, loosely defined, scent is considered to be a combina- tion of chemicals that a dog can learn or be trained to identify. For example, hunting dogs identify specific animal scents, narcotics dogs identify narcotic scents, bomb dogs identify scents of explosives, and SAR dogs identify human scents. The distinctive scent that emanates from a live human is generated from contin- uous shedding of tiny flakes of skin mixed with per- spiration (watery and oily secretions). This material is called scurf. In addition to oils and watery secretions, scurf also carries many odors from a person’s clothing, shampoo, soap, deodorant, perfume, and other materi- als. Combined, these chemicals produce the scent fin- gerprint that appears to be unique to a single person. When a person dies, the unique scent emitted by that individual undergoes an almost immediate transforma- tion to a more generic scent associated with the loss of aerobic metabolism and proliferation of bacteria. Although a human does not notice the change until it is well advanced, a dog can immediately recognize the change in odor and accurately discriminate between live scent and cadaver scent.3 Although live scent is individual, cadaver scent is nonspecific and changes chemically over time during the different stages of decomposition of the body.3
Scent is most concentrated at its source (ie, the victim). The scent spreads and becomes progressive- ly less concentrated, forming a scent cone. Scent pools form when air is stagnant around the source. Factors such as wind, air temperature, humidity, soil temperature, and terrain can affect the scent cone or scent pool and where and how far it is dispersed.3 Wind can be channeled by obstructions and rapidly disperse scent in unexpected directions. The han- dler’s understanding of the dynamics of wind cur- rents is a critical part of the teamwork involved in a successful search."

Compilation tape with some comments from Cecil hotel locals...LE mentions viewing over 100 hours of tape, noting EL did not look like her fb pics.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctBF_PnRXis"]ELISA LAM DEATH-THE TRUTH - YouTube[/ame]

Snipped

This might also mean that the dogs had no search of her being alive on the roof bc the only time her body was on the roof was after she was deceased. Otherwise the dogs would have smelled her living scent related to her/her bombings while alive.
Just curious... what do you mean by her "bombings"? You mean graffiti? Because that would be the first I've heard of her being connected to doing that.

Also, I believe it's possible that her scent could have been washed away by weather even if she was up there alive. And if she carried up there after being deceased, I would think her scent would still exist unless it was a while after death.

My feeling is that the whole dog sniffing thing either wasn't handled very well, or the dogs they used weren't the most skilled in the world, or some explainable limitation was at play (like weather-related scent destruction). Because it seems that nothing was gained by the dog sniffing operation anywhere in the building, even though obviously they weren't able to search all of the rooms.

1. In the video a couple of posts back it seems LE is possibly looking at someone who had access an employee etc. Since they are hopefully as imaginative as us quite possibly there are on or more additional things they know.

2. "Italian and Mexican stalkers" - is that likely to mean LA or could it be that they "accompanied" her in one form or other San Diego, Vancouver, Toronto who knows? Very few Mexicans in Canada though. So San Diego.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUBjxE-oec&list=UU6jaTkyEbPI-VF-UBYwfucA&index=6"]My Visit To The Cecil Hotel - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipng5kUnuOI&list=UU6jaTkyEbPI-VF-UBYwfucA&index=3"]The Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles CA. A look inside room 840 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol5ZpGudB4M"]The Cecil Hotel Layout - YouTube[/ame]

The Cecil Hotel Layout

Smart & Brave: A detailed inspection of the Cecil Hotel on Youtube

Uploaded by: MyHauntedExcursions (Youtube on 15 March 2013)

I appreciate getting a better idea of the Cecil layout, but that guy is pretty insensitive in the way he talks about the water and turns it on, like it's some kind of tourist attraction.

Just wanted to document...
BBM
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._attempting_to_export_dangerous_pathogen.html
A former Canadian Food Inspection Agency employee has been charged with breach of trust after he was arrested allegedly trying to export dangerous pathogens from the country.

Dr. Klaus Nielsen was arrested on his way to the Ottawa airport last Oct. 24, according to an RCMP news release.

The news release said a search found 17 vials of live brucella bacteria, which can infect people and livestock.

The RCMP says a Canada-wide warrant has been issued for Wei Ling Yu, who is also described as a former Canadian Food Inspection Agency employee"

What's the connection with Elisa Lam?

So I asked a journalist with the LA Weekly if he had heard anything new and if he knew when the tox results may be back. He told me he is hearing early May. Taking a long time!

Unfortunately, Another body found near water without ID near popular surf spot here in CA. Same age range and college student like Elisa and the Newport victim Tina. Police are saying the same thing "not sure yet about foul play". They are keeping tight lipped once again.

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_22970312/body-found-water-near-popular-calif-surf-spot

Just updating you guys since I live here in CA and may see these cases more regularly on local news.

P.s. interesting all these women were found/died during the first week of each month: Elisa first week of Feb., Tina first week of March, and new victim first week
of April if I remember correct.

Posting here if that is ok...

Just something that reminded me of EL in the elevator ... at 0.46

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASO_zypdnsQ"]PSY - GENTLEMAN M/V - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately, Another body found near water without ID near popular surf spot here in CA. Same age range and college student like Elisa and the Newport victim Tina. Police are saying the same thing "not sure yet about foul play". They are keeping tight lipped once again.

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_22970312/body-found-water-near-popular-calif-surf-spot

Just updating you guys since I live here in CA and may see these cases more regularly on local news.

P.s. interesting all these women were found/died during the first week of each month: Elisa first week of Feb., Tina first week of March, and new victim first week
of April if I remember correct.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...nd-dead-on-spring-break-trip-fell-from-cliff/
"She was found by a jogger around 8:20 a.m. Saturday in the water near the surf line west of Campus Point at the University of California at Santa Barbara, sheriff’s spokeswoman Kelly Hoover said.

Complete autopsy results aren’t expected for another four to six weeks, but the sheriff’s office said on its website Tuesday that Ayala suffered injuries consistent with a fall.

Ayala graduated from Santa Rosa High School last year. She was enrolled in the school’s ArtQuest program"

I found this photo on the chinese forums.

It's from a video from one of the chinese reporters standing on the fire escape landing on the 14th floor.

Like I've said before, most people couldn't handle it out there because you would feel like you were airborne.

fire escape looking down.JPG

Thanks for the photo. I always imagined these steps to be straight up and down, like a ladder. This actually makes me feel they would be easier to handle, unless you were subject to vertigo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201
Back