Huge Fire In Malibu (ca) *merged threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new fire has JUST broken out on Hwy 76 at La Jolla Indian Reservation which is in Pauma Valley. This is EAST of San Diego.

Wildfire Evacuations: Areas Under Mandatory Evacuation Orders

Last Updated: 10-23-07 at 6:04AM

The following areas are under mandatory evacuation orders as of Tuesday, Oct. 23, at 6:01 AM:

Updated Evacuations:

--ENCINITAS - The Encinitas Fire Department has ordered the mandatory evacuation of the area east of Rancho Santa Fe Road and north of El Camino del Norte. Evacuees can go to the Encinitas Senior and Community Center at 1140 Oak Crest Drive.

--FALLBROOK - A mandatory evacuation is under effect, and residents are being told to go to San Clemente State Park.

--CHULA VISTA - Chula Vista police are using the reverse 911 system to notify residents in the Bellalago community in the eastern side of Chula Vista and the south eastern side of Spring Valley (bordering the northern side of Chula Vista) of MANDATORY EVACUATIONS. Chula Vista residents can call (619) 397-6399 for a recorded message. An evacuation center has been opened at the Chula Vista Community Youth Center (campus of Chula Vista High School, 465 L Street). The Woods at Eastlake, areas of San Miguel Ranch and areas of Rolling Hills Ranch are under VOLUNTARY EVACUATIONS.

--DEL MAR - Evacuations have been ordered for the following areas: South of Del Dios Highway, north of Sorrento Valley Road and west of Black Mountain Road to the ocean. Evacuees are being advised to go to centers at Carlsbad High School, Encinitas Senior and Community Center and Qualcomm Stadium.

--CREST AND HARBISON CANYON - Mandatory evacuations are underway in Crest and Harbison Canyon.

--Scripps Ranch residents have been told to pack up and evacuate.

--Mandatory evacuations have been ordered for Rancho Santa Fe, portions of Leucadia, as well as the Olivenhain Dam area.

--Mandatory evacuations have also been ordered for Lakeside at 13100 Willow Rd.

--Pomerado Hospital & Nursing Home evacuated

--Everywhere north of Highway 56, east of Interstate 5, west of Interstate 15 and south of Del Dios Highway.

--All residents of Ramona

--The Sheriff has issued a mandatory evacuation along Highway 94 for residents of the following communities:

* Barrett Junction
* Engineer Springs
* Dulzura
* All areas in between

xxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss:

So weird seeing those orange skies everywhere out there--Reminds me of the legendary fires that happened here in Florida in June 1998 about 100 miles north of us in the Daytona Beach area, Volusia county and farther north--We had firefighters come from all over the entire country, including Colorado and other Western states, to help out--and up in that area,driving along 1-95, even today,you can still see some blackened dead trees in a few places

Love Mama, did you get any sleep last night? I didn't get much. I have not heard a word from my stepdaughter, who I'm sure is busy taking care of her situation, and she is not under a mandatory exac order. So I'm sure she is ok. But I still worry.

Did I just hear correctly that 500,000 people have evacuated so far?

San Diego County Wildfires 2007

Breaking news from SignOnSanDiego and The San Diego Union-Tribune
Tuesday, October 23, 2007

6,000 more evacutions

Posted @ 5:45 AM

There have been more than 6,000 reverse 911 calls overnight to the following areas:

Wildcat Canyon - 3,780

Jamul/Indian Springs - 1,549

San Miguel - 600 (this is where the TV station's have tower's and so do the Fire Department! NOT GOOD!

the Sunnyside communty of Bonita - 250
The Harris fire is burning towards the east side of Bonita, said county spokesman Bill Pollick.

Posted by Tom Mallory at 5:45 AM

xxxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

What a night. The winds are supposed to start picking up here.

here is the latest on the OC fires:

Wildfire: The latest on the Santiago fire

• <LI class=style6>Firefighters continue to battle flare-ups in Modjeska Canyon threatening 248 homes near Santiago Canyon Road and Modjeska Grade Road. As of 4 a.m., the fire continued to race north back toward Silverado Canyon. Mandatory evacuations ordered for all 900 Modjeska Canyon residents. Voluntary evacuations are in effect for Silverado Canyon. Thousands of Orange County residents remain without electricity and many without phone service.
    - 4:07 a.m.
    <LI class=style6>Flames are threatening 248 homes in Modjeska Canyon after fire jumped Santiago Canyon Road at Modjeska Grade Road. Mandatory evacuations ordered for all 900 canyon residents, and firefighters say they expect a loss of structures there. A second evacuation center has been set up at El Modena High School in Orange. Next update at 4 a.m.
    - 3:00 a.m.
  • Mandatory evacuations ordered at 1:30 a.m. for Modjeska Canyon, and firefighters say they expect a loss of structures there. Next update at 3 a.m.
    - 1:45 a.m.
http://www.ocregister.com/

There is the new Newhall fire that broke out during the night. I wonder if it is near the tunnel pile up location?
Can you imagioe if that tunnel fire had happened during Santa Ana conditions?

I had hoped I would wake up to some good news. Guess not. This is just so sad. I'm still praying for everyone affected.

Thanks for all the updates JB, LoveMama, and everyone else.

The winds are picking up now. Not good news.

Thank God the death toll is so low--only 1 fatality--In 1991 25 people were killed, and in 2003, 14 people were killed---This one guy in Val Verde, who lost his home after 25 years, I think he's a reporter said his family did everything they could to stop it--He was going to rebuild but now he's not so sure, because it will ultimately be a family decision

Just to give you an idea, I live in South Orange County in one of the last towns before San Diego county. My backyard faces due south towards SD. This is the view from my balcony this morning towards San Diego. It extends out over the ocean, but all my ocean pics didn't come out very well. so here are the hillside pix:

fire008.jpg

fire010.jpg

fire011.jpg

The weather report I heard this morning said that beginning Thursday the winds would reverse and beginning coming in off of the ocean, so this should hopefully aid firefighters.

I am in the car and it is so HOT. Thursday is too far away Buzz!

Wondering if Paperdoll got her pups at home, and was able to head to her family at Huntinton Beach......
She seemed to have so much smoke at her workplace yesterday.........
It was making me choke thinking about it........!
Anyone hear from PD.......?

Wondering if Paperdoll got her pups at home, and was able to head to her family at Huntinton Beach......
She seemed to have so much smoke at her workplace yesterday.........
It was making me choke thinking about it........!
Anyone hear from PD.......?
I just got off the phone with her. She is fine. The smoke has let up in her immediate area and she is at the office.

I'm alittle frustrated with the National news coverage. They seem to be concentrating on Malibu and only one spot in North County,San Diego.They keep showing the same spots over and over. Maybe they just can't get to the others due to danger?I think this is a much bigger story than the areas they are covering. Maybe not everyone is as interested as me,but I think this is a story that is much like Katrina,and they should bring in local affilates broadcasts,and pretty much cover it non stop. Sorry but the space shuttle is not tops for me right now.

I'm alittle frustrated with the National news coverage. They seem to be concentrating on Malibu and only one spot in North County,San Diego.They keep showing the same spots over and over. Maybe they just can't get to the others due to danger?I think this is a much bigger story than the areas they are covering. Maybe not everyone is as interested as me,but I think this is a story that is much like Katrina,and they should bring in local affilates broadcasts,and pretty much cover it non stop. Sorry but the space shuttle is not tops for me right now.
I have an escondido evacuee heading up here probably this morning. She will have to go through the O'side area to get here and I will get a firsthand report for you.
if you follow www.signonsandiego.com that will give you the latest SD info. the www.ocregister.com is the best for Orange County.
Our news on TV and radio is nothing but fire coverage.
If you want, you can stream www.kfi640.com that is the talk radio station I keep on in my office and it is keeping me up to date very well. Latest breaking news they are on it. Coverage almost everywhere is 24/7

Good morning everyone. We had a late night with our friends. Their house was spared!!! The news crews were on their street all night and the firefighters were using their backyard as a staging area. The fire came right up to their fence. We at least got to joke with them that they had a famous house that was on TV :)

I'm so worried about the fire burning through Modjeska. They have that big animal rescue ranch out there. I'm sure they evacuated early, but still, it has to be so frightening to all of those people and those poor animals.

Hockey mom I was thinking you had the O'side friends, but i am mixing you up with another. Do you have the HIghland friend? The radio just reported that they do not anticipate the Arrowhead and San Berdo fires to reach Highland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708