IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s no doubt that the family depended almost solely on DS income.
And as many , or most, today’s families live paycheck to paycheck…If his wife’s primary concerns were to provide for their family /children ,what can she do? You tell me.

So, as a mother with your husband / primary breadwinner missing, and having no income, you know you still have to take care of your babies. What would you do?
How would you pay the electric bill? Pay for groceries?
Oh, and Have you noticed how expensive groceries have been lately?

IDK, I’m just saying, I have no idea what happened to this man. But just put yourself in her shoes, she still has to see her family is taken care of. JMO
I think that is very telling, 2 days.

Venmo 2 days after he is gone. Personal address to send prayers and money. Go fund me. Talks about her suffering while always adding her venmo and others. Doesn't sit well with me. I hope I'm wrong. I apologize if I am. <modsnip> And remember, this is just a speculation and my opinion
I’m with you 100% on this…

I think there’s no doubt that the family depended almost solely on DS income.
And as many , or most, today’s families live paycheck to paycheck…If his wife’s primary concerns were to provide for their family /children ,what can she do? You tell me.

So, as a mother with your husband / primary breadwinner missing, and having no income, you know you still have to take care of your babies. What would you do?
How would you pay the electric bill? Pay for groceries?
Oh, and Have you noticed how expensive groceries have been lately?

IDK, I’m just saying, I have no idea what happened to this man. But just put yourself in her shoes, she still has to see her family is taken care of. JMO
That's true, I agree that she needed to figure that out. But it was so quick, the way she suddenly began giving her venmo, and posting her grandson's clothing sizes, setting up Go_fund__ , all within 48 hours. It seemed like her priority before we even knew if Dave was coming back or not. JMO

Last edited:
That's true, I agree that she needed to figure that out. But it was so quick, the way she suddenly began giving her venmo, and posting her grandson's clothing sizes, setting up Go_fund__ , all within 48 hours. It seemed like her priority before we even knew if Dave was coming back or not. JMO
I may have missed some of that. Was it her herself, or someone else that opened up the @#$ and VM account for her?

Ugh.... feel now that I’m too behind. I try to read all the posts, and end up just scanning many of them. Just haven’t had enough time. So I should probably just quit on this for now.
I appreciate all of you guys info , maybe I can catch up later.

Last edited:
I think that is very telling, 2 days.
Afaik, she herself has a job and probably no mini job with only minimum wage. So why the panic about money so very short time after his disappearing?
If she was in panic immediately, DS could have also been in panic over money/existence before.

I don't understand yet, why DS was late to arrive at home and start his piggy hauling job from there? Did he have another job, different branche also? Did he return from another hauling job??

goodness, there really are so many possibilities. This incident could have began as something as little as road rage that escalated. You gotta admit, there are a lot of Karen's out there!

I agree 2 days to have multiple crowd-funding requests seems either suspiciously quick or at least financially desperate. His wife admitted they have debt, though, so it could just be a way to feel like taking positive action for the family during a time of grave uncertainty.

Financially you have to wonder. I was getting the impression he planned to come home to spend time with the family that was coming from FL and was going to be home for a few days which means he wouldn't be out earning anyway

I agree 2 days to have multiple crowd-funding requests seems either suspiciously quick or at least financially desperate. His wife admitted they have debt, though, so it could just be a way to feel like taking positive action for the family during a time of grave uncertainty.

I'm going with financially desperate. In one of the early articles with her, she mentioned that she had been through so much in her life, was on welfare, but she had built herself back up. She strikes me as a survivor, who has found herself in urgent survival mode once again, and she is doing everything she can to not go back to where she was.

I get finding the fundraising distasteful, but I'm finding the implication that she was involved far-fetched. So...she drove to go get the piggies? And no one mentioned it? Or he came back to the house? When? Or had a 3rd party accost him on a road he wasn't even supposed to be on? None of those options make sense to me but I'm not that creative.

I may have missed some of that. Was it her herself, or someone else that opened up the @#$ and VM account for her?

Ugh.... feel now that I’m too behind. I try to read all the posts, and end up just scanning many of them. Just haven’t had enough time. So I should probably just quit on this for now.
One says cousin and info is listed for the other so I'm not sure.

This may have been mentioned upthread, but what happened to the hogs? Were they discovered the next day when the truck was found? Even though they are worth $$ I can't see someone harming someone over a load of hogs. I'm from rural Ohio so am quite familiar with hog farming.
moo (or oink)

This may have been mentioned upthread, but what happened to the hogs? Were they discovered the next day when the truck was found? Even though they are worth $$ I can't see someone harming someone over a load of hogs. I'm from rural Ohio so am quite familiar with hog farming.
moo (or oink)
The piglets were still in the trailer. None were missing.

Allegedly DS had a "firearm" and someone asked, if it was found. Does anybody here know?
I've yet to come across anything definite about whether he had one and/or if it was found.

I think the G-F-M was opened by a relative, but Sarah had a Venmo in existence that she posted herself.

I also think her posting her grandson's sizes were because he needed a coat for his extended unexpected stay and she was asking if anyone local had something he could borrow. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

There is alot of information provided directly by her in that 52-min interview linked above.

I’ve listened to most of it. We do learn some new info. Mostly more details of the kind of person DS is. Doesn’t sound like she’s very happy with LE. This is my opinion, but it might be possible they are not saying too much to her because she does a lot of talking. JMO
I just watched it as well. Some important points:
Dave did not shower before leaving
Dave was late to Eagle Grant for pick up because he had another load.
Potential crime scene is now contaminated

In my opinion, it's odd that it happened days after their anniversary, days before thanksgiving, and while family was in town. At one point she says that Dave didn't tell her much about what he was doing. She mentioned that he had prior run ins with the sheriff but his oui/dui were in the early 2000s. Would it still be the same sheriff?

Whose name is "Brown"? Don't know, how trucks are looking usually.
Les Brown - B Bar R Livestock Transport, Denison, IA - from the interview. That's who hired Dave for the haul.

B Bar R Livestock Transportation, Inc.
favicon.ico

1545 250th Street
Denison,IA51442

Since Dave also rents the trailer from him, perhaps he had to go pick it up from near Denison before heading to EG - it's 29 minutes from Wall Lake to that location - so since we don't know where Dave lives exactly maybe +/- 10 minutes from surrounding areas, and then from B Bar R to EG is about 1hr 57 min. That puts total time somewhere around 2.5 hours so from 7 or 7:30 to pickup location 9:30 or 10p and he left at 10:50p from the PR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les Brown - B Bar R Livestock Transport, Denison, IA - from the interview. That's who hired Dave for the haul.

B Bar R Livestock Transportation, Inc.
favicon.ico

1545 250th Street
Denison,IA51442

Since Dave also rents the trailer from him, perhaps he had to go pick it up from near Denison before heading to EG - it's 29 minutes from Wall Lake to that location - so since we don't know where Dave lives exactly maybe +/- 10 minutes from surrounding areas, and then from B Bar R to EG is about 1hr 57 min. That puts total time somewhere around 2.5 hours so from 7 or 7:30 to pickup location 9:30 or 10p and he left at 10:50p from the PR.
Sarah said it was his 2nd or 3rd load that day so I think it’s safe to say he already had the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018