IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of this scenario before the others in my head. David's biggest asset was his cdl. However, without his wallet which presumably had his license in it, would that attract more attention if he was forced to drive over the southern border or be pulled over? Or is it possible that he would be provided a fake id by the cartel?
IDK?? I have a hard time going along with the cartel angle.

I thought of this scenario before the others in my head. David's biggest asset was his cdl. However, without his wallet which presumably had his license in it, would that attract more attention if he was forced to drive over the southern border or be pulled over? Or is it possible that he would be provided a fake id by the cartel?

IDK?? I have a hard time going along with the cartel angle.

I admit I don't know much about cartels. From the things I've read and watched about cartels they have a lot of money and connections with leverage. Targeting a random trucker with a load of pigs on a rural country road in Iowa doesn't seem to fit.

I admit I don't know much about cartels. From the things I've read and watched about cartels they have a lot of money and connections with leverage. Targeting a random trucker with a load of pigs on a rural country road in Iowa doesn't seem to fit.

At this time, the cartel angle cannot be ruled out.

Until we know what happened, and we may never know what happened.

JMVHO.

His wife has repeatedly been quoted as saying he left around 7:30pm and there have been no reports to confirm whether he had the trailer already, or had to go pick it up somewhere. So let’s say he had the trailer and left at 7:40ish, that’d get him to EG around 9:10 or so. How long does it take to load a trailer of babies? No idea. Leaving at 10:50 means he’d have been there for an hour and a half or so. But If he had to pick up the trailer somewhere first, that would account for some of the time.
IIRC, the latest video Sarah gave said he had already done 2 or 3 loads, so that makes me believe he already had the trailer.

David rented the trailer and fee came off every pay so i feel/think he likely rolled with the trailer almost always. Sarah also said he had been working since Sunday, truck was abandoned early hours of Tuesday.

edit to removed name.

Last edited:
My issue with suicide is that I doubt he would have left his truck and walked a great distance to kill himself. It seems likely he would have been located before now, and within close proximity, normal walking distance of where his truck was found. I believe this is going to be a case of foul play. I just have not yet been able to get a handle on who I think may be responsible. JMO
I have settled into one of two scenarios about DS leaving his truck:

(1) Something happened and someone else drove truck to where abandoned;

(2) DS left the truck in a vehicle either willingly or by force or pressure (gun point for instance).

Suspect where and how truck was left, belongings in truck, and jacket false trails meant to confuse.

Were any foot prints thought to be from DS at truck location?

Now have several pages to catch up!

RBBM

Agreed.

What bothers me is the Brushy Park search (why?) and the dog(s) lost his scent very close to the truck.

JMVHO.
My theory about Brushy Park was that LE sent the Cajuns to Brushy to keep them out of the area immediate to the truck in early days of case.

In the very beginning saw J of the Cajuns contact Sarah on FB to offer services, believe that is how Cajuns got involved.

I noticed on the link for the violations, he had a couple for 'lighting', does that mean his porch light was out, the top of the cab lights, or a headlight/tail light? I didn't see any description of which 'lighting' it was referring to.
Porch light is advertising only. Not something that would cause a violation. Something many trailers don’t even have.

Last edited:
Right? And he didn't actually answer the question that was asked... Paraphrased: Q: "Did you find any blood in the truck?" A: "We sent some things for DNA analysis."
I just rewatched that part because I seemed to recall him saying "no" at first.

He said "Nothing... We found some things that we sent to the DCI crime lab for DNA analysis." He stopped himself after "Nothing" so I wonder if he was going to say "Nothing obvious"

Porch light is advertising only. Not something that would cause a violation. Something many trailers don’t even have.

Another thing about the porch light is that if the truck is turned off and/ or the light switch is turned off, the porch light is turned off as well. If the truck was sitting there in the dark turned off, with all the lights turned off, it would have made sense that Sarah’s friend would have almost hit it and not seen an identifying details about the truck.

My bet is that where the truck was found is dark, dark, dark, with little to no light pollution. Depending on the phase of the moon, you might not be able to see your hand in front of your face out there at night.

I need to watch the interview to see what her demeanor is during it… but, just from you alls account, I’m finding it strange that she’s bothered by the interrogation… I’d like to think that if my husband was missing and I knew I had nothing to do with it, I’d be like ask away… but in her defense, we never know how it’ll exactly go until we’re in the situation…

In my opinion, there are just some strange things like deleting anyone’s negative opinion on her posts, (which is of course her right as they’re hers…). I just learned a long time ago, let people talk.. don’t let them upset you.. you know the truth and their opinions are just their opinions..

I don’t want to believe that she was involved, but, as mentioned before, there are so many holes…

Ugh this case keeps my head spinning!! But I LOVE reading everyone’s opinions and speculations, this is an awesome forum!!
I'm going back to a statement I said earlier in this feed. Sometimes we think we know someone really well, and we don't know them at all.... This is my own opinion and just an observation..Maybe DS' wife is in denial about how happy and great everything was?? Is that why she gets offended or defensive anytime someone suggests anything that might imply he wanted to walk away or do self harm? Some of her statements are quite telling in my opinion. He's mine, DS would never leave the family, he would never leave me, etc. If someone wanted to walk away or do self harm, they certainly wouldn't be thinking rationally, would they? It happened in my own extended family(by marriage). (This family member acted very irrationally before he took his own life-every thing leading up to it was out of character for him I was told. His family was blind-sided). That would explain DS leaving the truck the way it was. Again, not saying this is what I think happened or bad mouthing anyone, just trying to read between the lines, so to speak.

Another thing about the porch light is that if the truck is turned off and/ or the light switch is turned off, the porch light is turned off as well. If the truck was sitting there in the dark turned off, with all the lights turned off, it would have made sense that Sarah’s friend would have almost hit it and not seen an identifying details about the truck.

My bet is that where the truck was found is dark, dark, dark, with little to no light pollution. Depending on the phase of the moon, you might not be able to see your hand in front of your face out there at night.
There was an electrical substation or some sort right near the truck.
Maybe that is lighted?

I would call it a half moon on 21 Nov 2023. I agree it would have been very dark in the country away from any city lights, street lights, ect.
I don't imagine it would be very easy to walk through a field in the dark. How far could David have walked across dark fields and through the woods in the dark if he did walk away somewhere to end his life? Fences, waterways, all kinds of obstacles to navigate.

Did he normally carry a flashlight in the truck? I would think so given he drove, loaded at night. Was the flashlight missing when the truck was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01