Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

An unanswered question, Rowley said, was whether the the body 'was there the entire time,' or if it was recently moved to the spot where it was found.
Hmmm.
Hope his family gets answers.
No word yet , if foul play or self-harm ?
Omo.

Rest in peace, David.
My condolences to his loved ones.
Idaho? Lol!

Maybe he wasn’t dead and decomposing for all those days and months. Maybe he was alive and being held somewhere and was just recently killed a few months ago. They then discarded the body out in the trucks vicinity . Just a thought.
Not every case is nefarious. The simplest answer is the best and most likely a sudden medical issue. Why would someone go through the trouble of kidnapping a trucker, hold him for no apparent reason and then murder him and then take him back near the scene? Too risky to keep someone all that time and too risky going near the area of his disappearance. Let us wait and see what the autopsy says, there is no basis to this imo.

I have always felt that this was a medical episode. He may have had symptoms like stomach pain, a severe cramp, or pain in an arm, or even sudden blurred vision. He might have pulled over, and stepped out of the truck with the hope that a walk in the fresh air or a stretch would relieve the symptoms. Heart attack, a stroke or an aneurysm may be what happened here.
Heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, and he would have been slumped over the wheel, or lying on the pavement beneath the door. Not 1.5 miles away.
I have had a stroke and collapsed between the lounger and chest of drawers 8 feet.
Back to basics. All was fine until the stop sign on ramp end off 20. Then wrong way, odd speed, precise shutdown but with a live load and left in the travel lane. To many proper,to many totally wrong.

If carbon monoxide made people do strange things like walk long distances, no one would die in their house when their furnace malfunctions.
Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and vomiting, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, seizures, chest pain, disorientation, and loss of consciousness.

Edited to add: I had a family member who had carbon monoxide poisoning. He was driving and started to not feel well. He stopped at my house since it was closer than returning home. In a 10 minutes span he went from not feeling well to acting like he was drunk and when I say drunk I don’t mean tipsy he was completely off his rocker, disorientated and making zero sense. I called an ambulance and he spent the next several days in the ICU. He was lucky and made a full recovery. My point is, it does happen. I’m not saying this is what happened to DS, but it’s possible.

Last edited:
Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and vomiting, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, seizures, chest pain, disorientation, and loss of consciousness.

Edited to add: I had a family member who had carbon monoxide poisoning. He was driving and started to not feel well. He stopped at my house since it was closer than returning home. In a 10 minutes span he went from not feeling well to acting like he was drunk and when I say drunk I don’t mean tipsy he was completely off his rocker, disorientated and making zero sense. I called an ambulance and he spent the next several days in the ICU. He was lucky and made a full recovery. My point is, it does happen. I’m not saying this is what happened to DS, but it’s possible.
The vehicle type and age could be a big factor for CO2 in the winter, many of them used heat right off the motor and fanned it into the cab. Newer ones have changed a bit. But could you imagine it being brought straight from around the motor when there's an upper exhaust leak. Geez that could do it. But in this case it dosent seem like CO2, your story was very interesting though and it's good they stopped by and you realized something was up.

I have always felt that this was a medical episode. He may have had symptoms like stomach pain, a severe cramp, or pain in an arm, or even sudden blurred vision. He might have pulled over, and stepped out of the truck with the hope that a walk in the fresh air or a stretch would relieve the symptoms. Heart attack, a stroke or an aneurysm may be what happened here.
I always felt that too.. like a brain bleed or something.

You would think if he was experiencing some sort of medical episode he would have called 911 on his phone? Not turned away from a town that had a 24 hour emergency room which was closer from the exit than where the truck was found.

And to turn and then drive that far.. Then get out after turning the lights and engine off and walk 1.5 miles back in the direction he just came from without his phone... It doesn't make much sense.

Even if he didn't have a medical episode what he did, if he did it by himself, doesn't make any sense. Even if he did commit suicide.

He very well could have died from hypothermia. If that is the case, why he took off walking is the mystery.

JMO
People that wander before death due to hypothermia, usually also show to have a brain bleed in a specific location. They also tend to derobe, and then 'hide'..like try to find a little nook or something to fit into.
So, the wandering with hypothermia does make sense too.

Last edited:
"Trucker's don't shut their truck off. They don't shut them off. 'Til they're done for the day."

So if truckers don't shut off their trucks, truckers experiencing an emergency drug / medical event are probably even less likely to take the time to shut it off before they flee the cab, no?

MOO.

Guess it depends on how much they care or think about their truck. It's possible they knew enough to know they aren't doing well and soon might not know what's going to happen and cut it off. ‍
(The rest would follow.)
IMO it is possible.

Not every case is nefarious. The simplest answer is the best and most likely a sudden medical issue. Why would someone go through the trouble of kidnapping a trucker, hold him for no apparent reason and then murder him and then take him back near the scene? Too risky to keep someone all that time and too risky going near the area of his disappearance. Let us wait and see what the autopsy says, there is no basis to this imo.
You are correct, there is no basis, it was just a thought.

I was going by a video / photo of the fields. They appeared basically bare. Yes, a little height , but not much. Not enough to cover a grown man’s body back then, IMO. <modsnip: unnecessary>
Unless the pictures were of the exact field where he was found they mean very little.
Different harvesting philosophies leave different heights of “stubble” behind.
Corn grows high on the stalk, I’d guess terrain also plays a role in how high the farmer sets the machine when harvesting corn. Apparently leaving stubble higher can reduce wind erosion and provide a snow break to prevent drifts.

Just catching up with the last 24hrs worth of info.

First of all RIP David and condolences to the family.
Unfortunately this outcome was not unexpected.

BBM

IF the body has been there all winter, decomposition would have been slowed down by the cold/frost/snow/etc, so it's going to be critical that the ME (+/- forensic anthropologist +/- forensic entomologist) work to establish the estimated time of death from several different angles.
This is exactly why Body Farms exist. To learn more and guide investigators to better understanding of the impact of the elements on a dead body.
JR's (or anybody else's) opinion matters zero. We shall see what the ME finds.

In some cases a medical episode may make you disoriented, confused or cause hallucinations. Drugs can also do that obviously.
If he was experiencing any of those symptoms he may have turned the wrong way, stop at random and took off running whilst he was hallucinating.
I can see many scenarios where this could happen.

I'm really looking forward to the results of this autopsy.

MOO
At least there should be conclusive answers once autopsy is completed. I too can not wait for the results and know finally why this happened!
Press Release says no signs of trauma and foul play is not suspected so must be health related or consumed something with a bad effect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back