Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Moo. If a person is dragged. And the dragger has their hand under the person's arms, it will make the shirt ride up, and jeans drag down. I believe that is the way his clothing was found. That would seem the easiest way to drag someone out of a auto...then dump in ditch...moo

Jake ups the number of searchers with each interview. Does he do the same for the search areas. We want facts coming out of that mouthpiece. He has inserted himself into this investigation and into SS drama, almost like a well-prepared script. The press release should have been conducted by SCSO. IMO.
"The press release should have been conducted by SCSO."
Why would they bother? With Sarah downing then loudly; then ringing Jake in, they can just get on with ther investigation or sit and munch donuts, whichever may be the case.
Speed cop interview 101...You do not bad mouth the cops. You may request, suggest, disagree.
But do it in a calm discussion level manner. I think there was and may still be some foul play going on.
I equally think; if this thing is ever unravelled completely, we will be amazed at the complexity of
the circumstances leading up to his death.

Can someone on here prepare or get prepared a section of mapping?
Showing "X" the end of ramp at I20, the direction of travel (I think north) and "Y "as the stopped position of the rig.
On this, overlay position "Z", where his body was found. I am just trying to balance the points at 1.5 miles apart. There is a method in my madness, humor me....

Been trying to catch up on everything. Was it reported anywhere how far into the field he was found? Several yards in or just off the road in a brushy area?
Not stated so far. I had somewhat the same question on the "finding". Being a really "old" farm kid, I was curious if: The finder was the owner and actually tilling away, when he reaches this point in the field and there lays the body. Or was he "walking the field" inspecting for any situation and soil conditions before he actually began machine work. And as you question, was the location more with wandering lost or nearby road access dump from concealment?
Myself back when, I would have been focused on where my tractors wheels were aligning with my last round and looking closely forward and downward to be sure, and not see the body until I was about to run over it. Huge fields, big tractors, many rows wide are different, but It would be a surprise I am sure.

Can someone on here prepare or get prepared a section of mapping?
Showing "X" the end of ramp at I20, the direction of travel (I think north) and "Y "as the stopped position of the rig.
On this, overlay position "Z", where his body was found. I am just trying to balance the points at 1.5 miles apart. There is a method in my madness, humor me....

Y Truck Found
X Hwy 20 Exit
Z Body Found

<modsnip: Image removed due to no link to source and no visible chyron>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is supposedly where the body was found. The area was not plowed under and is still the corn stalks left from last season. I would imagine that area was not plowed at the request of LE to further investigate if need be.

This is supposedly where the body was found. The area was not plowed under and is still the corn stalks left from last season. I would imagine that area was not plowed at the request of LE to further investigate if need be.

Wow, so close to the road.

Doe this line cross the field entrance where (IIRC) the dogs caught DS scent?
If you are referring to the line which shows the measurement from the truck to the body it does not cross the field entrance. I don't think the dog tracked to the field entrance. The dog tracked from the truck to the ditch on the west side of the road where David's coat was found and no further. There was speculation that someone may have turned around in the field entrance. The field entrance was north of where the truck was found, almost across from the farm on the east side of the road.

Red arrow showing field entrance.

If you are referring to the line which shows the measurement from the truck to the body it does not cross the field entrance. I don't think the dog tracked to the field entrance. The dog tracked from the truck to the ditch on the west side of the road where David's coat was found and no further. There was speculation that someone may have turned around in the field entrance.
Thank you for the info and the correction. :)

Y Truck Found
X Hwy 20 Exit
Z Body Found
Ah so, Joe... You are a gentleman and a scholar, plus gettin it done right now....
OK, what I had wondered upon hearing of the find, where was it from where he supposedly left the truck? All I had learned was a mile and a half...
My question you just answered. following is given in prior posts here...
He/truck was at I20 off ramp. Whacked a right and moved north to where found. LE arrives and views the scene. LE has a dog. DS coat/jacket is near a ditch.
(Supposition here) Logically, the dog smelled the coat and began to track...
Given... LE says the dog trailed on up the road for a distance of ?? yards and lost the scent.
At a location of a "field access pull off"..
So he drove to the ramp, stopped,made a decision, turned north, drove s l o w l y to the position and stopped, in the road, shut down lights and engine, got out of the truck, took off his jacket,proceeded to walk over 100 yards on up the road, came to a "field access pull off", and vanished from leaving any scent.
But possibly, left the road entered that field, walked into it a distance, then turned back south and walked into another field and far enough to be concealed for ?? days.
The dog says he left the truck and reached the "pull off". We do not know what happened there.

Not stated so far. I had somewhat the same question on the "finding". Being a really "old" farm kid, I was curious if: The finder was the owner and actually tilling away, when he reaches this point in the field and there lays the body. Or was he "walking the field" inspecting for any situation and soil conditions before he actually began machine work. And as you question, was the location more with wandering lost or nearby road access dump from concealment?
Myself back when, I would have been focused on where my tractors wheels were aligning with my last round and looking closely forward and downward to be sure, and not see the body until I was about to run over it. Huge fields, big tractors, many rows wide are different, but It would be a surprise I am sure.
Some of the field had been tilled or chisel plowed by the time LE arrived. This picture was taken from the south of where the body was found, looking to the north and east of Union Ave. These vehicles are parked along the road between where the body was found and the farm. You can see the power pole with transformer to supply power to that farm.

I don't imagine anyone walks fields anymore. They use Gators or small SUV's

Field plowed.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value