IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they said they will make a decision "in a few days" wether they will try to dig the area!! You'd think they would jump on this!! Even if it isn't Jodi, if there is a possibility that it is a grave???? What is up with that?????

Yeah...especially after they DIDN'T have to pay for the ground penatrating radar. I was pretty unclear about how this just "showed up" 10 years ago but he couldn't get anyone to even look? Has there been previous articles that I've missed? It just seems really odd to me that LE would have blown off a raised mound of dirt that looked like a grave....

Apparently, he didn't report the site 10 years ago. He is just now contacting police. Methinks Mr. Arnold may have some explaining to do, if Jodi is there, or ANYONE'S body!! Why is he so certain it's Jodi? Did HE put her there?

Any updates yet? The last linked article mentioned "Monday, 5/9/06." Since 5/9 will be Tuesday, unsure just what is meant there.

I sure wish they find out what happened to Joni its been a long time....

If you read the News section in the jodi link above, it mentions they've been searching an area and are going to dig to see if they can find her body - they believe they know where it is... that's the only mention of 5/8 and 5/9 I can find

Opie said:
Any updates yet? The last linked article mentioned "Monday, 5/9/06." Since 5/9 will be Tuesday, unsure just what is meant there.

This new lead was just mentioned on Fox News this morning. Glad to see it is getting national attention again.

Englishleigh, after I read about it, those were my questions also. He "noticed" a freshly dug area shortly after she disappeared, it is now ten years later and he finally reports it. He says that LE went out and looked at the area (he doesn't say why they went to look) but didn't find anything.
A body buried is not going to look really significant 10 years later. Maybe a little depression in the ground, but that is about it. Yet he "remembers" exactly where to send the ground penetrating radar. In ten years, he never dug it up himself, he has now paid $2000 to get radar over the area,
I think he knew something, and I think he has a reason for coming forward now. Maybe they were getting too close if he did it, or maybe he knew the murderer and is now angry at him, but there is some reason he is coming forward now.

Picture of the radar finding at the link.
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S16074.html?cat=1

I've checked Mason City's news sites, and they have yet to report any of this... I'd think if it was on FOX news they would be able to put it up too. hum. My heart about jumped out of my chest when I saw it on Scared Monkeys (missing and exploited). Im from MC and remember when it happened. I hope something turns out from this. I figured there would never be any closure in this case.

KAAL-tv channel 6, which covers Mason City seems to have all the stories. I linked it above but here it is again. For some reason, the station she worked at ,KIMT channel 3 hasn't reported anything yet. Fox News has had it as one of their top stories all day.

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/view/99756/

The findjodi.com site has all the recent info and is a good site.

I just checked the site and no body was found during the dig today.

http://www.findjodi.com/index.htm

Investigators did not find any new evidence or information

I've read a lot of articles on this over the years but I never heard about the Billy Pruin lead..it's a story on the find jodi link joellegirl has listed above in the breaking news section. That sounds like a possible link maybe???

of Jodi's disappearance was, no one in LE ever connected the Pruin death or had even heard of it? That seems absolutely absurd and some of the WORST police investigation I have ever heard of!

I also wonder why the man waited 10 + years to try to determine what exactly was or wasn't buried at Eagle Lake. Has any link been established between him, Jodi, or Pruin?

If LE needs to decide whether or not to dig-Jodi's family should have it done-just so that they will know one way or the other!

I hope they find out what happened....I am watching about it now on nancy grace....

spacer.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
UPDATE: 05/09/06 - Mason City Police and Hancock County Sheriff's Department confirming NO BODY was discovered near the edge of Eagle Lake. The area was dug with a backhoe the afternoon of May 9th. More information to follow.
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
spacer.gif
[/font]
[/font]
[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]As indicated, following a ground penetrating radar area of probability, a backhoe was used to dig the area up. This is so typical of how investigations get screwed up. Why wasn't the area carefully excavated by hand?

I have seen many other occasions where developers hire backhoes or bulldozers to scrape the top layer of soil to try to identify individual graves in areas of KNOWN cemeteries. This work is usually done under the supervision of an "archaeologist" who then certifies that no graves were found, and that it is safe to proceed with house building. In the case of developers, it is partly a simple matter that they don't want to find any graves, but I am also certain that the so called "archaeologists" couldn't find their own butts with both hands, let alone a grave.

They labor under the delusion that a grave can be found and recognized within a few inches of the surface by scraping. This is simply not so. I know of a recent case where an archaeologist, exploring a strong radar area of probability, found NO evidence of a grave shaft at any point until they actually hit a coffin at a depth of four feet. The coffin was that of a dog buried only ten years earlier, and was identified by documents attatched to the coffin in plastic bags.

This story is an interesting one regarding a possible gravesite for Jodi. Obviously there is much more to the story than is being told. How and when, exactly, did he come to believe so strongly that this is Jodi's grave? Who are the people allegedly involved in her murder? How is it that ground penetrating radar indicated a strong anomaly in exactly the spot he claims to have seen a grave? And if it is not Jodi's grave - then what was the cause for the anomaly?

Richard said:
[

This story is an interesting one regarding a possible gravesite for Jodi. Obviously there is much more to the story than is being told. How and when, exactly, did he come to believe so strongly that this is Jodi's grave? Who are the people allegedly involved in her murder? How is it that ground penetrating radar indicated a strong anomaly in exactly the spot he claims to have seen a grave? And if it is not Jodi's grave - then what was the cause for the anomaly?

Just reported on Fox that the "anomaly" was rocks and bricks.

I agree, I hope this man has been questioned to the teeth about WHY he believed Jodi was buried there...

I know that some attention (I do not know if it rises to the level of suspicion) has naturally fallen on Mr. Arnold and why he waited so long to report this information. I do know that the local Sacramento TV report on the recent developements (which I am sure was from a national feed) reported that he did in fact contact LE 11 years ago, but they searched the wrong area. That fact nagged at him over the years until he finally took matter into his own hands and hired the Ground Penetrating Radar company that found the anomaly.

I know a man who was a witness to what he feels was valuable information in the cold case of the East Area Rapist who terrorized Sacramento in the 1980's, then moved to the Los Angeles area and became a serial killer. He reported it to LE at the time (25 years ago), but the detective that he spoke to was tragically killed one week after the interview, and the witness was never sure that his information made it in to the case files for followup. He just recently recontacted LE with his info and it is finally being considered by authorities - 25 years too late.

My point is: LE does not make it easy in high profile cases when they receive so many bogus tips to provide possibly valuable information. Mr. Arnold may have come to the conclusion that he had done his duty when he initially reported what he saw. It wasn't until years of reflection later that he decided that he needed to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500