Found Deceased Iceland - Birna Brjánsdóttir, 20, Reykjavík, 14 Jan 2017 *Arrests*

Omg, how heartbreaking. At least Birna's family can now bury her with dignity, and hopefully this will make it easier to get justice. I bet those disgusting men thought she would never be found! I agree that they could easily have done this before and their other port visits should be checked.

That's not the outcome I wanted, but expected. My heart hurts for her father.

Rest well, Birna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just grateful she was found. Thank you for the updates, kiiwiih

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/politics_and_society/2017/01/22/missing_girl_in_iceland_found_dead/
The Icelandic police have just confirmed that the body of Birna Brjánsdóttir, a young woman that has been missing for 8 days, was found on the beach by Selvogsviti lighthouse, south of Reykjavik.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 937985.jpg
    937985.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 424
Filmed in Iceland (Raw).

Locations:
Selvogsviti (Lighthouse
[video=youtube;ZQyav0_RTZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQyav0_RTZE[/video]

I wish we could rewind that last video of her and bring her back.
So very sad

Her body has been found on a beach according to police. A helicopter reported the find. I was so taken aback that I didn't hear where.

Police say that they think she was murdered. They think she was put in the sea and that the body washed up on the beach.

The press conference is still going on.

I just don't know what to say.

OH NO. Even knowing this probably would not end well, it's terrible to read. So very sorry for her loved ones and family/friends. And all of us here who have been hoping for good news.

Thanks, Kiiwiih.

My Dear Birna We LOVE you and will ALWAYS Love you and hold you Near & Dear to our Hearts!! We are heartbroken!!!! Please know it was a trure Pleasure to know you!
Heaven has an Beautiful Angel XOXOXOXO

The red dot is where the body was found. The Greater Reykjavík area, where she went missing, is on the directly opposite end of the peninsula. They drove quite a way.

http://sermitsiaq.ag/helikopter-fandt-liget-birna-brjansdottir-strand

Edited...BBM. To clarify, is the Icelandic press now inferring she was killed near the Selvogsviti lighthouse or that her body was placed there? Earlier posts in the thread implied her body had been dumped in the water and currents carried it.

I sincerely hope justice is served for the heinous crime against Birna.

Edited...BBM. To clarify, is the Icelandic press now inferring she was killed near the Selvogsviti lighthouse or that her body was placed there? Earlier posts in the thread implied her body had been dumped in the water and currents carried it.

I sincerely hope justice is served for the heinous crime against Birna.

They aren't giving anything away as of now but they did say it was most likely that she was dumped in the ocean and that the body washed up where it was found.

There is no way she was dumped anywhere near Reykjavík or Hafnarfjörður. The currents would never have brought her around the peninsula and up to the beach if that was the case.

So she was more likely dumped along the coastline where she was found. According to reports the rental car had about 300 km of driving that the suspects will not substantiate for, so they probably drove around trying to find a suitable place to dump her.

Words can't express the anger and frustration I feel as I read this thread. I will NEVER understand the endless violence of this world.

Stay safe, all of you!

Birna, rest in peace. I'm very glad you were found, your family and friends will have a measure of closure.

I will light a candle for you now.
:gaah::mad: :tears:

Attachments

• memorialCandles.jpg
    memorialCandles.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 78
Kiiwiih,

I have a couple of questions to ask if you can answer it.

What is the legal drinking age to drink alcoholic beverages or to enter into a bar or tavern in Iceland?

The club where Birna was last seen, what kind of a club was it? Did it have alcoholic beverages?

And are there any other clubs or bars in the area where Birna was last seen?

Kiiwiih,

I have a couple of questions to ask if you can answer it.

What is the legal drinking age to drink alcoholic beverages or to enter into a bar or tavern in Iceland?

The club where Birna was last seen, what kind of a club was it? Did it have alcoholic beverages?

And are there any other clubs or bars in the area where Birna was last seen?

The drinking age in Iceland is 20. You can't buy or consume alcohol legally before that age.

Húrra, where Birna was last seen, is a small live music venue. They have been very present on social media getting information about the search out to their followers.

There's almost nothing in downtown Reykjavík except bars, hotels, restaurants and boutiques. The 101 as it's known is just streets and streets of bars and clubs. Residents there have been complaining for years about the opening hours and other related stuff.

The drinking age in Iceland is 20. You can't buy or consume alcohol legally before that age.

Húrra, where Birna was last seen, is a small live music venue. They have been very present on social media getting information about the search out to their followers.

There's almost nothing in downtown Reykjavík except bars, hotels, restaurants and boutiques. The 101 as it's known is just streets and streets of bars and clubs. Residents there have been complaining for years about the opening hours and other related stuff.

I was considering the possibility that the suspects may have been inside the clubs or bars in the area where Birna was last seen.

Heartbreaking.
Thank you for all the updates, kiiwiih.
RIP Birna 💐

I was considering the possibility that the suspects may have been inside the clubs or bars in the area where Birna was last seen.

I think it must've been touched upon in one of the articles posted here but the police have said that the men can be seen in the downtown area at the same time as Birna, but they did not say if they were seen at the same club.

I think it must've been touched upon in one of the articles posted here but the police have said that the men can be seen in the downtown area at the same time as Birna, but they did not say if they were seen at the same club.

My heart and thoughts go out to her family and to the community.

I read where it was stated she didn't partake in alcohol. From the video of her walking she seemed very unstable. I was curious if maybe someone slipped her something in her drink.

I hope these pigs [FONT=&quot]suffer the Worst life that anyone could ever live, you DISGUSTING PIGS death would be too easy!!!!
How dare them do this to her!!!! I am SO ANGRY right now , my tears of sadness have gone to ANGER!!!
I just cant belueve she is gone!;([/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back