ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to see their texts. I agree that if it was only one part of a longer dialogue between the two, that it wouldn't be all that strange. But if that was the only purpose of the correspondence (to tell her mom they were going to the store to get feminine products) that might suggest she could be trying to document her movements.

If JM was only wanting to document their movements, the purchase of feminine products just would seem like an odd choice, IMO. Don't you think? I think charcoal makes much more sense, for example.

So ggp is involved and lied? Ggp has no integrity? What are we saying about ggp? The guy is very fragile. So are we saying that he went along with seeing Deorr but Deorr wasn't there? Just asking.

Just thinking about this. We don't really know what GGP has said or has not said to LE or anybody else. All we know is what JM and DK have told us and what Bowerman chose to disclose. I keep thinking of that strange "interview" with IR when he asked the reporter something like "what did GGP say?" or "what did GGP tell you?".

Random question of the day:

I know Grandpa's name but it's never been mentioned in the press or by the police. Everyone elses has. Have we had an explanation for this?

I have to disagree, KI has said there are discrepancy issues with the timeline and just yesterday polygraphs at the State and Federal level. The Sheriff has stated and I'm going to paraphrase that poly-experts can sometimes disagree with results and these were being sent along with behavior analysis to the FBI. These are just some reasons that may cause people to have questions, or form an opinion. People are free to give weight to whatever they believe or not or go with blind faith...it's all good.

I read what Klein said, and IIRC he didn't say there were discrepancies in the timeline nor did he say there were discrepancies with the polygraphs at the state and federal level. There is absolutely nothing to stop him from saying those things, if they were indeed true. But instead he said something that sounded like that was what he said. I know it's a few pages back as it was being discussed here last night. I can't go finding it right now but maybe someone else will.

If JM was only wanting to document their movements, the purchase of feminine products just would seem like an odd choice, IMO. Don't you think? I think charcoal makes much more sense, for example.

I totally get where you are coming from but to play devil's advocate here, w/ all the forensic shows out there now, don't you think that feminine products would have been the least forensically suspicious thing you can buy on a camping trip unless you are going to possibly suffocate somebody w/ a maxi pad??? Idk, I'm half being snarky but at the same time, one can say charcoal was used to burn a body, an energy drink to skip a roofy into, a bag or a cooler to hide a body, etc, etc. Anybody can make something out of nothing though which is probably precisely what I am doing but just a thought? :shrug:

In the case of little Noah in TN who was found yesterday, the dogs couldn't find his scent either until just before he was found and searchers knew exactly where he was last seen. Knowledgeable posters stated that small children leave very little scent, and of course, the dogs aren't infallible.
I don't know where you saw this information about finding his scent until just before he was found. Could you give me a link please? The reports I saw said they did find his scent early on and he would probably have been found if the weather had not changed.

I don't believe it is true about little children leaving very little scent. One bloodhound tracked a little girl in the snow for miles and found her in a parking lot still alive after two hours (was on Vanished with Beth Holloway show). http://www.alie.org/ There are other examples on that site where children were found using dogs to track them. The information you seem to be taking as gospel isn't consistent with the research and actual cases, in my opinion.

Just thinking about this. We don't really know what GGP has said or has not said to LE or anybody else. All we know is what JM and DK have told us and what Bowerman chose to disclose. I keep thinking of that strange "interview" with IR when he asked the reporter something like "what did GGP say?" or "what did GGP tell you?".

Yep, I think the question re GGP was stranger than the actual interview. To be honest if I got woken up at 6am half naked you'd get about the same response from me too!

In regards to there being no scent of Deorr at the campsite,..
I'm not sure that is correct.
I think Deorr's scent was found at the campsite.
In an interview with SB. he says that *initially* his and another sheriff's tracking dogs followed Deorr's scent to the reservoir and then back to the campsite.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/
starting @ about 1;10

I don't believe this was after the remains were spread because he says *initially*, and talks about the first 2 dogs.
I think the issue was/is that the tracking dogs couldn't track him other than that.

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

unedited interview.

What I don't get is if IR is as mentally confused as much as people say then do you really think he'd keep the story straight while Le, FBI where interviewing him and bringing him back to the campsite?

The dude probably has some problems and a learning disability but he is by no means mentally challenged.
I don't believe we have heard anyone who knows IR personally speak to his intelligence or if he could be "mentally confused". The snippet of video we did see is no indication of his mental status or his smarts, imo. The reporter obviously caught him at a bad time. He could be fine any other time. The point is we have nothing to judge it on unless I missed his family talking about him.

The urgency of the situation that makes it necessary to interrupt your family fun in the wilderness to drive at least 1/2 hour each way to go to the store might be better explained by the need for feminine products than a hankering for . . let's say . . . french fries.

I don't know where you saw this information about finding his scent until just before he was found. Could you give me a link please? The reports I saw said they did find his scent early on and he would probably have been found if the weather had not changed.

I don't believe it is true about little children leaving very little scent. One bloodhound tracked a little girl in the snow for miles and found her in a parking lot still alive after two hours (was on Vanished with Beth Holloway show). http://www.alie.org/ There are other examples on that site where children were found using dogs to track them. The information you seem to be taking as gospel isn't consistent with the research and actual cases, in my opinion.

Listen, There's only one thing I take as gospel, and it's not opinions on SAR dogs. Everyone following Noah's case read the same thing from many knowledgeable people. Their information was also based on research and prior cases. There seems to be a LOT of different opinions on scent dogs. I can't give you a precise link regarding the scent dogs in Noah's case. After yesterday's presser, reports were coming out right and left and they couldn't even get how far away Noah was when he was FOUND correct.

SB has also said he's 99 percent sure he was at the campsite.

(not directed towards you but just in general) I have difficulty with the conspiracy theories I've heard. I just cannot believe that an accident happened *before the trip and the four POIs, including whichever ones were to blame, were all able to cover it up so well and snow the other POIs as well as LEOs to the point that no one can find him now. (all opinion)

I do think an accident or deliberate act at the campsite is possible. But I also think it's still entirely possible that little DeOrr wandered off and met some ill fate and will (hopefully) be found when it warms up again. All just my opinion and personal beliefs.

99% sure = not 100% sure. Even he has his doubts.

Yep, I think the question re GGP was stranger than the actual interview. To be honest if I got woken up at 6am half naked you'd get about the same response from me too!
The reporter had no shame in catching him with his pants down (so to speak). It was really unfortunate he answered the door.

The reporter had no shame in catching him with his pants down (so to speak). It was really unfortunate he answered the door.
I agree. That interview was wrong. I believe a while back I head it refured to as an ambush....that's pretty much what it was.

Listen, There's only one thing I take as gospel, and it's not opinions on SAR dogs. Everyone following Noah's case read the same thing from many knowledgeable people. Their information was also based on research and prior cases. There seems to be a LOT of different opinions on scent dogs. I can't give you a precise link regarding the scent dogs in Noah's case. After yesterday's presser, reports were coming out right and left and they couldn't even get how far away Noah was when he was FOUND correct.
*Mehr said scents picked up by dogs and tracks from Noah in the woods led officials to believe Noah was in the woods and had not gone elsewhere. He said had the weather stayed warm, not gotten cold and not rained, there could have been a recovery.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/21/body-noah-chamberlin-found/79134468/ *Madison County Sheriff John Mehr This sounds like they did find his scent earlier and if the weather had stayed warm without rain, he believed they would have been able to find him.

It is possible earlier in the search they didn't want to give false hope by releasing information about the dogs having found a scent. I don't know why there is a discrepancy about the dogs.

*Mehr said scents picked up by dogs and tracks from Noah in the woods led officials to believe Noah was in the woods and had not gone elsewhere. He said had the weather stayed warm, not gotten cold and not rained, there could have been a recovery.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/21/body-noah-chamberlin-found/79134468/ *Madison County Sheriff John Mehr This sounds like they did find his scent earlier and if the weather had stayed warm without rain, he believed they would have been able to find him.

It is possible earlier in the search they didn't want to give false hope by releasing information about the dogs having found a scent. I don't know why there is a discrepancy about the dogs.

Yes, I read that also. I don't think the warmer weather leading to a possible earlier discovery had anything to do with when the scent dogs picked up Noah's scent. He doesn't say the warmer weather would have led to an "earlier" recovery. I believe the scent was said to have been picked up the last day, as the dogs got closer to Noah. With all that's been reported, however, I wouldn't swear to it. Were the dogs used the last day cadaver dogs? I don't recall reading that.

In regards to there being no scent of Deorr at the campsite,..
I'm not sure that is correct.
I think Deorr's scent was found at the campsite.
In an interview with SB. he says that *initially* his and another sheriff's tracking dogs followed Deorr's scent to the reservoir and then back to the campsite.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/
starting @ about 1;10

I don't believe this was after the remains were spread because he says *initially*, and talks about the first 2 dogs.
I think the issue was/is that the tracking dogs couldn't track him other than that.

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

unedited interview.

You may be right, but I read this article and watched the video three times. It never mentions dogs at all. Maybe a different link? I'd like to see where anyone said the dogs "tracked his scent to thee reservoir and back." I know the dogs went to the reservoir and back, for some reason I thought it was more like searching for his scent and not finding it though. I may be remembering that incorrectly at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim