GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

It will be interesting to see jury selection here. Idaho is predominantly LDS, with most of the population belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have never viewed the Death Penalty, with the context of how a jurors religious beliefs would impact their decision.

Or if CD's excommunication from the LDS Church would affect the jurors ability to see his participation in the crimes separate from his excommunication. Lots of religious layers here.

It will be interesting to see jury selection here. Idaho is predominantly LDS, with most of the population belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have never viewed the Death Penalty, with the context of how a jurors religious beliefs would impact their decision.

Or if CD's excommunication from the LDS Church would affect the jurors ability to see his participation in the crimes separate from his excommunication. Lots of religious layers here.
Idaho is not predominantly LDS. You may be thinking of the fact that Idaho has the 2nd largest LDS population next to Utah.
Ada County, which the jurors are drawn from is about 16% LDS.

I wonder if Chad will indicate to Prior which jurors are dark and need to be dismissed. At least I'm envisioning him pointing out weaknesses of his former followers turned state's witnesses.
As sad as all this is, I found myself laughing about Chad finding jurors dark.

In reality though, that’s really creepy.

OTOH, if found guilty and receiving he Death Penalty, he may be on Death Row for 40 yrs before actually being executed. He may die in prison before being executed, considering his age.

Only three executions have occurred since Idaho enacted a new death penalty statute in 1977.
There are 8 people on death row.

Here is how long they have been there....

1993 - only female

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho