IL IL - April Zane, 16, Frankfort, 18 April 1976

In lieu the Cleveland Ohio missing persons cases that,by the courage of Amanda Berry,Chicago's ABC WLS TV listed missing persons in Illinois.The first to be shown was my sister April.She was finally acknowledged by the news.I watched as Amanda's grandmother got the call that my parents had waited for that never came.I'm still waiting for it.I am really happy for those three family's that they are no longer in the world of not knowing where their girls are.Over the years,I have heard statements from officers saying to my mom,"April is missing because she wants to be missing." I thought to myself,would that be an acceptable answer if it was their kid? No. As far as the Frankfort Police Department finding her where a bouts,I don't bet on it.I feel that the precious town of Frankfort doesn't want people to know there was a kid missing from that community.Lord forbid,I make any waves to disrupt that.Instead of listening to people who"claim" they know "information" and write letters to the police department filled with lies about my parents,investigate them,or get off the case and give it to someone who will.Instead,the investigating "Detective" asked" why did it take so long for my mom to claim April as "missing." April had a history of running away,my mom had told the courts and April's probation officer that she had yet again ran away.She assumed Frankfort knew of this,and they already marked her as missing/endangered runaway. In reality,in order to get April on Child Find posters,she had to declare her missing.So my answer to why it took that long for her to declare her missing,is the same reason she never declared her legally dead:Because she could not bring herself to believe she could be.So here I am,still searching.Instead of arguing with an officer who really doesn't seem to hear or care what someone who lived this since age of 6 has to say-he would rather listen to someone that never met my parents,my sister or me,someone who regurgitates a wild story that my dad "got rid of April",and "my mom knew about it." Are you kidding me? Here's an idea: Did the police ever think that maybe that story is a lie to cover up who really knows where April is and what happened to her,or who had something to do with it? Here's another one, people: They have an "open on-going investigation" yet they can't haul any of these people into questioning.Would any of you take that as an answer?The worst part of all this,other than this has been going on since I was 6,is that I gladly gave my DNA to the National database,as did my son,and a male cousin on my dad's side.In fact everything posted of her disappearance is because I put it there.Do you want to know why?Because our half sister and full blooded sister refuse to cooperate.Are you kidding me?No matter what anyone thinks of each other in a family-seriously,why wouldn't you want to find your sister?Why wouldn't you want to aid in finally finding out where she is?Why hasn't the thought of April being a victim of foul play cross the minds of these people?Why doesn't this present a Red Flag to the police? Because they don't care.None of them do.Wouldn't you want to know if there was a serial killer around at that time?I even gave names of neighbors,who are reputable citizens,and one happened to be a former chief of police.The Det. never once asked those people one question.These were real people who knew my parents for 33 yrs.and lived right across the street.Who told me time and time again,"'Keep looking Sharon."He didn't go over there or call once.Instead,it is easier to blame the dead parents who can't defend themselves. I think it is time to get a lawyer,and I think it's time to either turn the case over to someone who wants to help me find her.All I ever asked for Frankfort to do was:"Find my sister." Oh,yeah,and I wrote the mayor asking if we could have a walk for April.He was not encouraging of that,but wanted me to know her missing persons poster is in the police station.In fact the only ones that ever seemed to care were Richard from the National Database and a dentist in Frankfort who was good enough to try and compare my dentals to Aprils because my dental records from the past are missing.As far as I'm concerned,if they can't get these "expert theorists" in an investigation room,I will find someone who can.I will hold responsible anyone who had anything to do with her disappearance and make sure they do some time.You know, I think about it folks,these people who are going to a lot of trouble to convince police that my parents were these terrible people,instead of looking for April,are doing just that.Going to a lot of trouble.But that's not going to be anything compared to the trouble they are going to get from me.It's not only cruel to add fuel to the fire,it's illegal,and they can be sued.Usually when something like this is true, people go to police, file a report,and the accused stand trial after an arrest,am I right?You don't wait for them to die and come out of the woodwork like a termite,and tell a story that has no basis.Yet,isn't that kind of like tampering with evidence?In the process they are slandering character and names.Defamation:Also against the law. On this Mother's day,I get to go to my parents grave and ask them to forgive the stupidity of myself for depending on complete morons,who I could probably sell a bridge to that reaches from NewYork to Ireland. I then get to attend a wake of a woman who was not only my neighbor,and a friend,but someone who told me to "keep up the search,don't give in and keep going."A person who knew my family,knew April,Billy and my parents.May God Bless her soul,because I am going to do just that. Thank you. Sharonrose Zane-Neu

In lieu the Cleveland Ohio missing persons cases that,by the courage of Amanda Berry,Chicago's ABC WLS TV listed missing persons in Illinois.The first to be shown was my sister April.She was finally acknowledged by the news.I watched as Amanda's grandmother got the call that my parents had waited for that never came.I'm still waiting for it.I am really happy for those three family's that they are no longer in the world of not knowing where their girls are.Over the years,I have heard statements from officers saying to my mom,"April is missing because she wants to be missing." I thought to myself,would that be an acceptable answer if it was their kid? No. As far as the Frankfort Police Department finding her where a bouts,I don't bet on it.I feel that the precious town of Frankfort doesn't want people to know there was a kid missing from that community.Lord forbid,I make any waves to disrupt that.Instead of listening to people who"claim" they know "information" and write letters to the police department filled with lies about my parents,investigate them,or get off the case and give it to someone who will.Instead,the investigating "Detective" asked" why did it take so long for my mom to claim April as "missing." April had a history of running away,my mom had told the courts and April's probation officer that she had yet again ran away.She assumed Frankfort knew of this,and they already marked her as missing/endangered runaway. In reality,in order to get April on Child Find posters,she had to declare her missing.So my answer to why it took that long for her to declare her missing,is the same reason she never declared her legally dead:Because she could not bring herself to believe she could be.So here I am,still searching.Instead of arguing with an officer who really doesn't seem to hear or care what someone who lived this since age of 6 has to say-he would rather listen to someone that never met my parents,my sister or me,someone who regurgitates a wild story that my dad "got rid of April",and "my mom knew about it." Are you kidding me? Here's an idea: Did the police ever think that maybe that story is a lie to cover up who really knows where April is and what happened to her,or who had something to do with it? Here's another one, people: They have an "open on-going investigation" yet they can't haul any of these people into questioning.Would any of you take that as an answer?The worst part of all this,other than this has been going on since I was 6,is that I gladly gave my DNA to the National database,as did my son,and a male cousin on my dad's side.In fact everything posted of her disappearance is because I put it there.Do you want to know why?Because our half sister and full blooded sister refuse to cooperate.Are you kidding me?No matter what anyone thinks of each other in a family-seriously,why wouldn't you want to find your sister?Why wouldn't you want to aid in finally finding out where she is?Why hasn't the thought of April being a victim of foul play cross the minds of these people?Why doesn't this present a Red Flag to the police? Because they don't care.None of them do.Wouldn't you want to know if there was a serial killer around at that time?I even gave names of neighbors,who are reputable citizens,and one happened to be a former chief of police.The Det. never once asked those people one question.These were real people who knew my parents for 33 yrs.and lived right across the street.Who told me time and time again,"'Keep looking Sharon."He didn't go over there or call once.Instead,it is easier to blame the dead parents who can't defend themselves. I think it is time to get a lawyer,and I think it's time to either turn the case over to someone who wants to help me find her.All I ever asked for Frankfort to do was:"Find my sister." Oh,yeah,and I wrote the mayor asking if we could have a walk for April.He was not encouraging of that,but wanted me to know her missing persons poster is in the police station.In fact the only ones that ever seemed to care were Richard from the National Database and a dentist in Frankfort who was good enough to try and compare my dentals to Aprils because my dental records from the past are missing.As far as I'm concerned,if they can't get these "expert theorists" in an investigation room,I will find someone who can.I will hold responsible anyone who had anything to do with her disappearance and make sure they do some time.You know, I think about it folks,these people who are going to a lot of trouble to convince police that my parents were these terrible people,instead of looking for April,are doing just that.Going to a lot of trouble.But that's not going to be anything compared to the trouble they are going to get from me.It's not only cruel to add fuel to the fire,it's illegal,and they can be sued.Usually when something like this is true, people go to police, file a report,and the accused stand trial after an arrest,am I right?You don't wait for them to die and come out of the woodwork like a termite,and tell a story that has no basis.Yet,isn't that kind of like tampering with evidence?In the process they are slandering character and names.Defamation:Also against the law. On this Mother's day,I get to go to my parents grave and ask them to forgive the stupidity of myself for depending on complete morons,who I could probably sell a bridge to that reaches from NewYork to Ireland. I then get to attend a wake of a woman who was not only my neighbor,and a friend,but someone who told me to "keep up the search,don't give in and keep going."A person who knew my family,knew April,Billy and my parents.May God Bless her soul,because I am going to do just that. Thank you. Sharonrose Zane-Neu

How cruel people try to put back something like that on your family. I pray you will find answers soon.

I walked into a Wal-Mart in MN. I saw posters of April Zane up at both entrances. Great to see she is still being looked for everywhere:)

Wow. I've lived in Frankfort my whole life and I would have never known something like this had happened there. It's certainly changed a lot over the years, but it still doesn't seem like the kind of place something horrible like this could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mystic...g-voice-when-a-loved-one-goes-missing-8292016

Listened to this interview with April's younger sister and something jumped out at me. It seems that she is having a great deal of difficulty with LE and this interview was the first I had heard that April called her friend from a pay phone after leaving the house.

I wonder if April told her friend where she was calling from. From what I e read, her friends lived in other suburbs of Chicago. I ask, because if it can be established that she used a pay phone in another city/town,perhaps the case could get a change in jurisdiction.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mystic...g-voice-when-a-loved-one-goes-missing-8292016

Listened to this interview with April's younger sister and something jumped out at me. It seems that she is having a great deal of difficulty with LE and this interview was the first I had heard that April called her friend from a pay phone after leaving the house.

I wonder if April told her friend where she was calling from. From what I e read, her friends lived in other suburbs of Chicago. I ask, because if it can be established that she used a pay phone in another city/town,perhaps the case could get a change in jurisdiction.

I was working on a case of a missing woman then 20 years old she's now 36 and still missing from Chicago and the detective there said she's in Europe and husy. I'm like huh? The detective actually put down the phone and I heard her talking to someone in the background and then she got back on the phone and asked what I wanted. I'm like wt? Then she hung up on me. I don't like talking to the department there. They are weird!

Also I had a visual of the missing woman in detail of where she was and this detective told me she was in Europe and husy? Not busy husy

NCMC1065452c1.jpg

NCMC1065452e1.jpg

Have you seen this child?

NamUs #MP1689

Missing Person Case

[URL="https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1689"]The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)[/URL]
April Rose Zane – The Charley Project
April Rose Zane
  • april_rose_zane_1.jpg
  • april_rose_zane_2.jpg
  • april_rose_zane_3.jpg
April, circa 1977; Age-progression to age 52 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since04/18/1977
  • Missing FromFrankfort, Illinois
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth02/25/1960 (59)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4 - 5'8, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA brown flannel jacket.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. April has facial freckles. She has an exceptionally long back, which makes her appear taller than she actually is. She has scars on her right knee and her chin, and an appendectomy scar on her right hip.
Details of Disappearance
April was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. She said she was going to town to a visit a friend, but never arrived at the friend's home.

April has a history of running away from home, but has never been gone this long. She had been born in Chicago and had moved to Frankfort at the age of eleven. April missed her Chicago friends and had trouble adapting to her rural surroundings. Several times she ran away and was located in Chicago or in one of its outlying areas, and she was arrested for curfew violation at least once.

April was a student at Lincoln-Way High School at the time of her disappearance. Her parents both died in 2003, but her younger sister continues to search for her. April did not have a Social Security number at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved. Some agencies give the year of her disappearance as 1976.

April Rose Zane
AZane.jpg
AZane1.jpg
AZane2.jpg

Image 3: Age-progressed to 52 years.

Name: April Rose Zane
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 18, 1977
Location Last Seen: Frankfort, Will County, Illinois

Physical Description
Date of Birth: February 25, 1960
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark auburn or red
Eye Color: Blue to gray/green.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appendectomy scar, scar on right knee, scar on chin. Freckles on her face.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Brown flannel jacket.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
April Rose Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. It is possible that she went missing the year prior in 1976. She was going into town to visit a friend. She never made it to the friend's house and was never heard from again.

April had a record of running away from home, but always turned up later. She was found several times in the Chicagoland area and arrested for curfew violation.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Frankfort Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Kevin Johnson
Agency Phone Number: (815) 469-9435
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: M08A6669

NCIC Case Number: M597208598
NamUs Case Number: 1689
NCMEC Case Number: 1065452

Information Source(s)
Namus
NCMEC
1404DFIL - April Rose Zane

April was 17 when she was last heard from on Easter Sunday.

As opposed to April 18, 1977, the memorial reads April 10, 1977, because that was the day Easter fell on that year.

Her younger sister continued her search from 1985 to 2017, when she had her legally declared dead.

April's is one of the oldest missing persons cases in Will County, and in the state of Illinois.

2/25/60-4/10/77
"Stolen from my life,
Still remains in my heart."~Sharonrose

LINK:

April Rose Zane (1960-1977) - Find A Grave...

NOV 27, 2020
17 Missing In Will County: One Joliet Case Dates To 1957 | Joliet, IL Patch
[...]

According to NamUs, April disappeared from Frankfort on April 18, 1977, however, the national missing persons organization says she may have gone missing the previous year, in 1976. April was going into Frankfort to visit a friend, but never made it and was never heard from again. Before her disappearance, April had a record of running away, but always turned up later. April was 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighed 115 lbs. She wore a brown flannel jacket.

Another missing persons network, The Charley Project, reports that April was a student at Lincoln-Way High School at the time of her disappearance. Even though her parents both died in 2003, her younger sister continues to search for her, the network noted.

If you have any information to help solve April's disappearance, call the Frankfort Police Department at 815-469-4935.

[...]

April Rose Zane
april_rose_zane_1.jpg
april_rose_zane_2.jpg
april_rose_zane_3.jpg

April, circa 1977; Age-progression to age 52 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since 04/18/1977
  • Missing From Frankfort, Illinois
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/25/1960 (61)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'8, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown flannel jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. April has facial freckles. She has an exceptionally long back, which makes her appear taller than she actually is. She has scars on her right knee and her chin, and an appendectomy scar on her right hip.
Details of Disappearance

April was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. She said she was going to town to a visit a friend, but never arrived at the friend's home.

April has a history of running away from home, but has never been gone this long. She had been born in Chicago and had moved to Frankfort at the age of eleven. April missed her Chicago friends and had trouble adapting to her rural surroundings. Several times she ran away and was located in Chicago or in one of its outlying areas, and she was arrested for curfew violation at least once.

April was a student at Lincoln-Way High School at the time of her disappearance. Her parents both died in 2003, but her younger sister continues to search for her. April did not have a Social Security number at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved. Some agencies give the year of her disappearance as 1976.

Investigating Agency

• Frankfort Police Department 815-469-4935
Source Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member