Identified! IL - Chicago, WhtFem Skeletal UP10693, 13-18, by Little Calumet River, Apr'05 - NamUs removed

Couldn't the attire also be for a Catholic confirmation also? I'm not Catholic, so I don't know what the traditions are, but the white gloves made me think of that as opposed to bridal attire.

ETA: When I looked up cotillions, the girls usually wear white dresses and gloves, too.

Couldn't the attire also be for a Catholic confirmation also? I'm not Catholic, so I don't know what the traditions are, but the white gloves made me think of that as opposed to bridal attire.

ETA: When I looked up cotillions, the girls usually wear white dresses and gloves, too.

I believe so, but don't confirmations happen at age ten? I'm also not Catholic.

Debutantes do traditionally wear white. I think they may even to this day.

White with gloves would have been popular around WWI and the roaring 20s. I even found an old publication online mentioning the all white garb for women attending summer political events in Chicago. White was again very popular as a causal dress in the 80s and the lace top makes me think of a Madonna-ish style. Gloves and white socks would have gone with that era as well.

Still, my initial reaction is a wedding. A domestic abuse situation, or a life insurance fraud. It's possible someone married this poor girl and then took her life immediately after the vows. Till death do us part...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.nampn.org/cases/sharpman_beverly.html

Beverley Sharpman
5'3"
17 yrs old

"and sent her parents a telegram telling them she was leaving home to marry and not to worry"

ANDDDDDDD

She told a friend she was going to Chicago.

Jane Doe is described as wearing a white dress with a lace top, a white glove and a white sock. All of these items would be characteristic of bridal attire for the time. I wish I could see pictures of the clothing, I sell vintage and lace makes determining an era very easy since each decade of lace has its own characteristics.

Adding this comparison for Beverly (who is pictured in the bottom corner. I couldn't make her picture bigger without it getting distorted).

7952d4847eaaf6012f1c2dbafd243c28.jpg

There's no way, I'm this could be Beverly. Clothing wouldn't remain intact 50 years later.

There's no way, I'm this could be Beverly. Clothing wouldn't remain intact 50 years later.

I don't know... Highly unlikely, but someone could've kept the body (skeleton) and clothing separate. Possibly maintaining the clothing in a closet with moth balls and then dressing the skeleton at a later date.
The whole white dress, white sock, white gloves, white shirt just seems so ceremonial to me...

I don't know... Highly unlikely, but someone could've kept the body (skeleton) and clothing separate. Possibly maintaining the clothing in a closet with moth balls and then dressing the skeleton at a later date.
The whole white dress, white sock, white gloves, white shirt just seems so ceremonial to me...

The white gloves, especially.
I'm not too keen on this being a bride because I think brides have gotten away from gloves since the 70s. Maybe they're bigger in other regions, but I've never seen gloves on a bride in my area. That's why I was thinking more religious ceremony or debuts/cotillions.

I'm also picturing a goth girl with tattered white dress, mary janes, black lipstick and nail polish, and maybe some fake blood. Maybe even a Halloween costume.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It is possible. If she was buried while wrapped in a tarp, or found in a coffin like structure, it's possible. I'm certainly not suggesting that the clothing would be completely intact, but that there would be enough left to tell what each piece was.

I'm also picturing a goth girl with tattered white dress, mary janes, black lipstick and nail polish, and maybe some fake blood. Maybe even a Halloween costume.

I thought the same thing before going to sleep. Totally could be a Halloween costume.

As for Alleykins comment, Beverly went missing in the late 40s which could explain the gloves.

I SOOOOO wish we knew more about this case. How was the body found? Where? Was it buried? Dumped? Wrapped? How long have the remains been there for? I would LOVE pictures of the clothing to help with narrowing down which era Spring could be from. There's always the possibility of a girl wearing vintage, but if she's wearing a style that's obviously 80s, then we can rule out any missing persons before that date.

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Chicago/13132-S-Indiana-Ave-60827/home/21877077
The parcel of land adjacent to the railroad tracks where the remains were found is listed as for sale. Struck me how agent listed "Many possibilities exist including residential or possibly a motel for railroad workers with the CSX Railroad close by."

Additionally, next to the IC (Illinois Central) tracks, if you're interested there was the old streetcar line that used a private right of way between 130th to 134th. The ghost trails can be seen on the property where she was found.

And we really don't know what kind of white gloves they are. Winter gloves? White leather driving gloves? White lace, ruffled at the wrist? Above the wrist, at the elbow, above the elbow?

And we really don't know what kind of white gloves they are. Winter gloves? White leather driving gloves? White lace, ruffled at the wrist? Above the wrist, at the elbow, above the elbow?
Excellent points.

The parcel of land adjacent to the railroad tracks where the remains were found is listed as for sale. Struck me how agent listed "Many possibilities exist including residential or possibly a motel for railroad workers with the CSX Railroad close by."

Additionally, next to the IC (Illinois Central) tracks, if you're interested there was the old streetcar line that used a private right of way between 130th to 134th. The ghost trails can be seen on the property where she was found.

Just wanted to add an older woman Namus UP#11647 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11647 was found 2 miles from this young woman's remains and only 5 months later. Also found along railroad tracks that run along I94. I wonder, if they could possibly be relations? Additionally, could they both have come from the Hegewisch neighborhood that is to the east on 130th street?

Sorry...just thinking out loud...:thinking:

Thank you for this!

I was wondering earlier if it's Beverly (or someone else) could she have been thrown from the train? Put in a suitcase and tossed?

I also wondered if she was found in a building, in a wall or crawl space.

It is pretty amazing that her clothing was so obviously all white that it's listed as such. For any kind of partial skeletal remains to have white clothing seems remarkable to me.

I submitted to Tabitha Tuder. She went missing from her bus stop in 2003 at age 13 in Tennessee which is not that far at all from Illinois. These remains could very easily have been her!

Pretty strong resemblance to the sculpted recon, as well. Yes, kids from rural Wisconsin often run away to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Chicago.

Charley link: Sara Anne Bushland – The Charley Project

News article with some information. http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/New-movement-in-missing-person-case--207969781.html

Circumstances are definitely ambiguous, but if she was into partying with older boys as the Charley article suggests, she might have been persuaded to go to Chicago with one of them.

Attachments

• sara bushland with chicago JD.png
    sara bushland with chicago JD.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 7
Pretty strong resemblance to the sculpted recon, as well. Yes, kids from rural Wisconsin often run away to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Chicago.

Charley link: Sara Anne Bushland – The Charley Project

News article with some information. NEW INFORMATION: New movement in 1996 missing person case

Circumstances are definitely ambiguous, but if she was into partying with older boys as the Charley article suggests, she might have been persuaded to go to Chicago with one of them.

She could have been living in Chicago for a few years after running away, and since she was so young when she disappeared it is possible she grew a couple inches. All of this is just speculation of course.

NamUs says she was 15 when she ran away. Still fits the timeline if she was 17/18 when she passed if our Jane had been deceased for 8 years.

Missing Person Case

The white dress could also be some sort of fetish if the girl was involved in human trafficking. Or halloween (I always think Madonna. I think someone would have reported a missing debutante).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMae0823
Back