Identified! IL - Chicago, WhtFem Skeletal UP10693, 13-18, by Little Calumet River, Apr'05 - NamUs removed

Good point about the fetish. Yes, I was kind of thinking Madonna too, though I think that was a few years earlier.

It could even be just a plain white summer dress, Easter dress, or even a cocktail dress. There's nothing to indicate how fancy it is. A spaghetti strap sundress with a little jacket is an entirely different matter than a strapless minidress with frilly skirt, or an organdy puffy skirt for first communion or quincanero. I really wish there was a picture of it, or a better description.

After doing more research into Sara Bushland, I'm not as sure it would be her. One can never know though, especially when dealing with a suspect that's a long haul trucker.

WI - WI - Sara Bushland, 15, Spooner, 3 April 1996

The truck driver aspect makes me even more inclined to think it could be her. The address where the decedent was found is only just off I-94 in Chicago. Spooner is directly on I-94. It's about seven hours, per Google, but that's not much for a long-haul truck driver.

Google Maps

The other thing Sara's thread alludes to is that one or more of these young men might have given her transportation out of town, which would potentially include Chicago. She could easily have run into fatal trouble after she got there.

The truck driver aspect makes me even more inclined to think it could be her. The address where the decedent was found is only just off I-94 in Chicago. Spooner is directly on I-94. It's about seven hours, per Google, but that's not much for a long-haul truck driver.

Google Maps

The other thing Sara's thread alludes to is that one or more of these young men might have given her transportation out of town, which would potentially include Chicago. She could easily have run into fatal trouble after she got there.

You think this might be worth submitting then?

Thoughts, I saw from the outset on this thread "Rachel Marie Mellon". She is still not on the ruleout list. The step father, whom she wrote about in her diary having an inappropriate relationship with her, said he left for over a half hour (which the remains were from their house), failed a lie detector test and she matches up race wise, height, location and timeframe wise. Does anyone have thoughts on this ?

Rachel Marie Mellon – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case
Rachel Mellon

The location this UID was found is near many housing projects. I doubt she was killed by a long haul trucker despite the closeness to I-94.

More than likely she was a resident of the projects and nobody reported her missing because the police in that area don't really care. There is a very "we take care of our own" mentality there. Not sparking a race debate, just passing some firsthand knowledge. That is a VERY dangerous area for strangers to be.

The location this UID was found is near many housing projects. I doubt she was killed by a long haul trucker despite the closeness to I-94.

More than likely she was a resident of the projects and nobody reported her missing because the police in that area don't really care. There is a very "we take care of our own" mentality there. Not sparking a race debate, just passing some firsthand knowledge. That is a VERY dangerous area for strangers to be.

*Your comments are noted, However 2 things... as I read back on this thread.. I was looking for the history of the trucker theory. Am I to assume its a theory base on hwy location or another missing child's possible mean to be found in that area as oppose to dna or LE stating so? I get the fact of LE in your opinion not caring, but I see a scenario like this.

RM's(Rachel Mellon) step dad states he left the house for over a half hour. RM isn't reported missing until family comes home later in the day. The location is just over a half hour away one way. As for the dress, if Stepdad was infatuated paired with failing a lie detector test, whos to say he didn't dress RM as a bride and visit her at said location. Sick I know, but plausable. Also, what I can't get out of my head is the number of Asian/Native/Mongolian decent missing persons in that area with that age range.. answer being her..

Lastly, I saw a post stating a link from Tionda Bradley's aunt who claims RMwas ruled out. I see that her niece was ruled out, however no entry for Rachel was on Namus. Im just having a hard time seeing why she wouldn't be an obvious rule out..

The long haul trucker theory is based on the proximity to I-94. However, most long distance trucker serial killers seek out either secluded areas or quick locations where they won't be seen. This location was neither. To get from 94, they would have driven past several complexes that to the average Google maps viewer would just see as a lot of potential witnesses. Believe me, the risk of getting robbed and killed as an outsider is high in these projects even for a serial killer trucker.

I was speaking to the trucker theory. I have no idea about RM. Maybe her step dad knew someone in or near this area and was familiar with this area. I was just saying that this was likely not the work of a trucker killer, but rather a local person. Possibly domestic violence or gang violence. Both of which are rampant in the nearby neighborhoods.

The long haul trucker theory is based on the proximity to I-94. However, most long distance trucker serial killers seek out either secluded areas or quick locations where they won't be seen. This location was neither. To get from 94, they would have driven past several complexes that to the average Google maps viewer would just see as a lot of potential witnesses. Believe me, the risk of getting robbed and killed as an outsider is high in these projects even for a serial killer trucker.

I was speaking to the trucker theory. I have no idea about RM. Maybe her step dad knew someone in or near this area and was familiar with this area. I was just saying that this was likely not the work of a trucker killer, but rather a local person. Possibly domestic violence or gang violence. Both of which are rampant in the nearby neighborhoods.
Thanks for explaining further and trust me, Jennifer Kesse's case is what got me on websleuth's living in that area and I could not stress how crazy the area her car was dumped was at night. Following the same logic, I always felt people dumping in bad areas was sometime a red herring. Hopefully if you read up on RM, you could tell me more of where im going wrong or why this isnt a clear cut rule out. I know sometime we throw out possible matches and then gloss over them, but i just didnt see a good reason to overlook her or atleast not to get her ruled out.

So. From what I've read on here so far, the area she was found in was impoverished and had a large African American population. Someone speculated her disappearance could've gone unreported due to racism in the area.

Personally, I don't believe she lived in that area. From what's been reported, it seems like she was invited to a formal event; a wedding, prom, or a funeral, by an African American- perhaps a family friend or a close friend of her own. *I'm putting less stock into this because of the estimated age, but she might've been a prostitute.

Clothing: Missing from the body: a sock, both shoes, and a glove (possible she wore only 1 glove as many women do in formal events). Where are her shoes? From her attire, it's safe to say she wore high-heels or at least a healed type of shoe. Where's her jewelry? Almost every woman I know wears jewelry in a normal setting, so for her to be found without any, along with her purse, is odd. *Reason I suspect she had a purse is because most formal dresses do not have pockets. I'm also not sure of the significance, but it doesn't state wether or not there was underwear present on the body- I'm leaning towards no.

With all of this information noted, my take on this is she was robbed and sexually assaulted.
Missing shoes: Well, if she were being robbed or attacked, it would be difficult to run away in healed shoes, did she take them off so she could escape, or were they kicked off/removed along with her sock and glove during a struggle. Someone else bought up a fetish, could the suspect have a fetish and taken the shoes as a "trophy"? The missing jewelry and purse was stolen by the suspect. Missing underwear and maybe bra were removed during the sexual assault. I should add it doesn't state wether or not a bra was present. I do wonder how her clothes were found, it says on the body, but was her dress found lifted up? was her top found over her head or around her neck?

There's many different theories to what could've happened. Maybe she was a prostitute murdered during intercourse. The prom theory, was she was accidentally or purposefully killed by her boyfriend during an argument, maybe she was drowning in the water nearby, but the boyfriend couldn't rescue her in time and took her purse and jewelry to conceal her identity. Could've been hitch-hiking and ended up with the wrong person. Maybe she witnessed something she shouldn't have and was chased down and murdered. A racially motivated murder and the police covered it up to avoid a national "outcry" - a young white woman murdered by a supposed African American? There's countless possibilities on what could've happened, but we should start by with we do know and hypothesize off of that.

I made this recolored recon based on the FBI facial approximation. (depicting Asian characteristics)
I failed the hair and her eye/hair color/skintone are just assumptions.

Attachments

• Cook2005.PNG
    Cook2005.PNG
    198.5 KB · Views: 18
More details about the clothing found would really be helpful here, both for dating her and figuring out possible time of year she was left & what she may have been doing.

According to the NAMUS description, she could've been there for as long as 8 years, which would bring us back to 1997. I was actually in that part of Chicago last weekend on my way to NW Indiana--the location where she was found and the area generally has substantial stretches that are desolate or undeveloped. It's a lot more like other Great Lakes cities such as Cleveland and Buffalo that have patches of low density than the rest of Chicago, which even at its most blighted is densely populated & developed. I don't think that it's an accident that she was dumped (assuming that she was) in that area--whoever did that probably knew they could do so without being noticed, especially in the time period specified.

Could this Jane doe be Edna Faye McIntyre Missing from Chicago Illinois since 1972? She doesn’t have DNA on file but does have Dentals. I’m trying to find out if her case is opened or not.

Edna Faye McIntyre – The Charley Project

*NOTE: I have submitted Edna’s casefile into Namus but I no longer have access to it. She will be MP52196 when she’s on.

Could this Jane doe be Edna Faye McIntyre Missing from Chicago Illinois since 1972? She doesn’t have DNA on file but does have Dentals. I’m trying to find out if her case is opened or not.

Edna Faye McIntyre – The Charley Project

*NOTE: I have submitted Edna’s casefile into Namus but I no longer have access to it. She will be MP52196 when she’s on.
An issue I see with this submission is that time of death could have been 8 years prior. Meaning the decedent would have had to have been 13-18 in 1997 at the earliest. Edna was 17 in 1972, making her in her 40's around the time of death of this individual.. stranger things have happened but I usually stay within a 10 year window..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare
Back