IL IL - Jaclyn Dowaliby, 7, Chicago, 10 Sept 1988

There is a very interesting NEW Podcast on the Dowaliby case. I suggest you take a look at this. I grew up 8 miles from the murder and now me and my daughter live about 10 miles from the residence. It crazy to me that this investigation stalled.

The podcast is called the shattered window.

There is a very interesting NEW Podcast on the Dowaliby case. I suggest you take a look at this. I grew up 8 miles from the murder and now me and my daughter live about 10 miles from the residence. It crazy to me that this investigation stalled.

The podcast is called the shattered window.

I am sorry that I did not read the above post from SPRINGDONUT77

This JD case is sad & eerie, especially given that they haven't found the perpetrator yet.

In this case, I do not think either parent was responsible for this crime. It's horrible that the father had to go to prison, but it's good that he was released without having served an extremely long period of time.

Could JD have been removed from her bedroom window while she was asleep, without anyone actually coming into the house through either the front door or the basement? I see that as a possibility. Though the broken basement window was mentioned as possible evidence that someone came in the house through that entrance, it may not necessarily have had anything to do with the disappearance of JD.

The grandmother had a basement apartment & seemed to come & go at all hours. So, I can see how some questionable characters she knew may have come into the house late at night - maybe without the parents even being aware of this.

Nowhere was it mentioned whether or not the basement had it's own entrance. It doesn't seem like it did, however.

I suggest you read the book on the case. GONE in the NIGHT. They also did a movie on the case. Johny Drama from Entourage (Kevin Dillon) played David Dowaliby and Shannen Doherty , Most known for Her role in Beverly Hills 90210 played Cynthia Dowaliby. The book and movie was not sensationalized and provides an accurate account of what occured in the case.

I have viewed and analyzed about as much of the case as possible. I have driven by the house on many occasions. I wish I had the courage to ask if I could go inside. Nevertheless, I believe that someone came in through the window and took her. There are 2 other documented criminal events that a stranger came through a window and took a young female child. 1 occurred in Midlothian months after the Jacyln went missing. The other occurred in a neighboring city, Blue Island. Both events resulted in convictions from 2 different people. Police was unable to link either crime to the JD case. Timothy Guess, JD uncle, provided information that only the killer would have knowledge. However, his insight on the case was disregarded due to Mental illness. He passed away in 2002.

I am not someone who bashes cops or a fan of conspiraties. However this case will never be solved because the illinois state police and the Midlothian Police believe that the case was already solved and David Dowaliby should of NOT been exonerated.

My family lived across the street from the Dowaliby's and shortly after Jaclyn was murdered I worked at the local police department. Many believe that it was Jacylyn's uncle - but he was in jail at the time of her disappearence. The officers at the station believed that it was Cindy. Cindy and Dave were having a (supposedly a pot) party that night - it was believed that Jaclyn kept getting up. They believe that Cindy tied her to her bed and that Jaclyn accidently choked to death.

I saw Cindy at Jaclyn's wake and a few days later at the video store. She did not look like a grieving mother to me, she was laughing and joking. If my child had just been murdered you would have had to lock me away!

Thank you for sharing your inside information on the case. I have read alot of information on this case and it the first time I heard of a “pot party.” Your opinion is noted…However there is absolutely NO evidence that shows David or Cynthia did it. Midlothian police was overwhelmed with the case. At the time Midlothian had expeierence with violent crime. They should of sought assistance right from the start. They didnt believe the parents and off theu went with trying to put them in jail.

Midlothian police as well as the ISP jumped to conclusion. The midlothian police chief went on the record saying that is is impossible for a person to break inhouse though a window…take a child and leave out the front door without someone in the house waking up. So Right from the start it had to be someone who lived in the residence. However , midlithian and neighboring suburb Blue Island had 2 different prosecuted cases of a perpetrator going in to house in the middle of the night and taking a child. The case was mishandled and its a shame because do to there inadequacy we will probably never know what happened.

Also, I dont at all agree with your impression of Cynthia. Everyone handles grief in its own way. It is unfair to jump to the conclusion that she is guilty because she didnt act the way you would. She might have been crying leading up to when you saw her and then was sad after you took your eyes off her.

The picture painted of Jaclyn's family is missing a major member. Also living in the home was Anna Dowaliby, the mother of the stepfather. The day before Jaclyn was murdered the sleeping arrangements were shuffled giving Davey, her little half-brother his own room, Anna's old room. The step grandmother was moved to a room in the basement. This would have been her first night in the 'dungeon'. This was the original home Anna had been a wife and mother in. It was the home David grew up in. Now she was given this inferior 'position'. Was she angry? Did she act out this anger against Jaclyn?

She has always been my number one suspect and never fully vetted. It's a concrete psychological motive. The focus had been the parents but never Anna. Eyewitness reports had placed David near a field where Jaclyn's body was found. Did he help Anna get rid of the body or did she have a similar family facial profile allowing for a mistaken identity?

Thank you for sharing your inside information on the case. I have read alot of information on this case and it the first time I heard of a “pot party.” Your opinion is noted…However there is absolutely NO evidence that shows David or Cynthia did it. Midlothian police was overwhelmed with the case. At the time Midlothian had NO expeierence with violent crime. They should of sought assistance right from the start. They didn't believe the parents and off they went with trying to put them in jail.

Midlothian police as well as the Illinois State Police jumped to a conclusion. The midlothian police chief went on the record saying that it is impossible for a person to break into a house though a window…take a child and leave out the front door without someone in the house waking up. So Right from the start it had to be someone who lived in the residence. However, Midlothian and a suburb Blue Island had 2 different prosecuted cases of a perpetrator going in to house in the middle of the night and taking a child. The case was mishandled and its a shame because due to there inadequacy we will probably never know what happened.

Also, I dont at all agree with your impression of Cynthia. Everyone handles grief in its own way. It is unfair to jump to the conclusion that she is guilty because she didnt act the way you would. She might have been crying leading up to when you saw her and then was sad after you took your eyes off her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallgirl
Back