IL IL - Nancy O'Sullivan, 15, South Holland, 7 March 1974

I've been reading this story, and I've noticed a lot of misconceptions about the case. First of all, South Holland was a great town in 1974. I lived 1.5 miles from where the girl disappeared. The 1300 block of 168th place ran into the frontage road, which ran parallel to I94. She could easily get a ride on the frontage road, which was a fast way to get from route 6 to 170th Street. Plenty of traffic on the frontage road.
Also, I've read comments about it being a lower class area, and the south side of Chicago. Ridiculous. My father was a lawyer, and our neighbor was a doctor. Everyone had wealth, to live in that area. You were either a tradesman, owned a company, or had a profession. The same goes for Homewood, where they moved to. I didn't know the girl or the boys, and I was only 4 months older than her, so they either attended McKinley or Greenwood school, which were in that area.

Everyone hitch-hiked in 1974, so many scenario's seem plausible. The fact that she left her purse behind is odd, but she was only 15. The purse probably held nothing of value. The story regarding the 3 brothers and no police interviews, was just poor journalism, at best. I'm sure the police talked to the boy's, that were similar in age. She was 15, and they were apparently young as well, because none of them were mentioned, as drivers. I just find many of these comments to be far fetched. You may be trying to help in some way, but if you have zero knowledge of the area or the people involved, you're not helping. I hope they find Nancy some day.

She could have told her parents that she was visiting those boys, but actually had been planning on meeting someone else. The boys could have mistakenly thought she was hitchhiking when she knew the driver all along.

Still Missing

JAN 28, 2023

Missing: Nancy O'Sullivan (IL)

Nancy O'Sullivan, Age Now: 63, Missing: 03/07/1974. Missing From HOMEWOOD, IL. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Homewood Police Department (Illinois) - 1-708-206-3420.

Impressible little girl with a free and fleeting personality.. surely some mentally ill person saw some possibility of doing something with her... her parents with a hole in their hearts that will never be covered... I just hope that her death was not painful ..
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back