IL IL - Richard Griener, 13, Pekin, 17 Jan 1972

I'm not discounting Guatney but I wonder why cases like Gacy and the Babysitter Murders haven't been more prominently looked at in connection with Griener's disappearance and presumed killing.

I wonder if there was ever any attempt to match Richard with any of Gacy's unidentified victims of which I believe there are seven.

I don't know if they have is any direct DNA from Richard but there is certainly familial nDNA and mDNA available through his sister.

I wonder if Richard was in band or contemplating getting into such. I have received private information that a central Illinois musical instrument salesman was/is a person of interest with certain investigative bodies.

I wonder if Richard was in band or contemplating getting into such. I have received private information that a central Illinois musical instrument salesman was/is a person of interest with certain investigative bodies.

That's very interesting. Being an instrument salesman could be an attractive occupation for a child predator. So many kids buy instruments to learn in band class for school. I wonder if this person is suspected in any other cases.

Given his age and the location of his home, I would assume that Richard was a student at Edison Jr. High School.

Was this person a POI or suspect in Richard's case?

Satch

Was this person a POI or suspect in Richard's case?

Satch

The person who messaged me referred to this individual as a suspect but I'm not sure if the term was related to Richard Griener or a different murder case in another state. He was never convicted of any murder.

I think there were only two middle schools in Pekin and the other was on the south side of the town.

Is it known who among Richard's relatives are still living? If his parents are deceased, when did they pass away? It is heartbreaking that there is so little known on this case! All that I think is sort of remembered, is a sled found in some bushes or in a yard? Standreid, isn't that what you remember reading?

Satch

Wow!

Creepy and very sad coincidence. Maybe related. At "Find a Grave.com" there is a Richard William Griener who was born in 1958 and died the same day that our Richard Griener went missing: (January 17, 1972)

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=95967643

This can't be him. Or can it? The cemetery is in Missouri, so I think this is not related. But when I saw the same name and death date, I got goosebumps down my back and they are still there as of this writing!

Satch

PS. Oh My! Was missing Richard Griener's mother named Helen? Helen spent time in Quincy, Illinois. How far is that from Peoria? If that is Richard's grave, how devastatingly sad!

Is it known who among Richard's relatives are still living? If his parents are deceased, when did they pass away? It is heartbreaking that there is so little known on this case! All that I think is sort of remembered, is a sled found in some bushes or in a yard? Standreid, isn't that what you remember reading?

Satch

I can't locate a report about them finding anything of Richard's so that was probably a mixup with a different case. Another possibility is that it was a rumor that probably wasn't true.

The last time I looked, I think his father and sister were still living but his mother was deceased. An earlier poster on this thread said that he was her pastor and presided at her funeral, if I remember correctly.

Wow!

Creepy and very sad coincidence. Maybe related. At "Find a Grave.com" there is a Richard William Griener who was born in 1958 and died the same day that our Richard Griener went missing: (January 17, 1972)

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=95967643

This can't be him. Or can it? The cemetery is in Missouri, so I think this is not related. But when I saw the same name and death date, I got goosebumps down my back and they are still there as of this writing!

Satch

PS. Oh My! Was missing Richard Griener's mother named Helen? Helen spent time in Quincy, Illinois. How far is that from Peoria? If that is Richard's grave, how devastatingly sad!

Quincy is probably about 100 miles from Peoria.

I believe that grave is in the Missouri cemetary with Richard's mother and is there for him if he is ever found. The grave is empty at present as I understand.

I hope this is the year something is learned about Richard's fate. I think of his case often, especially in winter.

I was Helen Griener's pastor for 4 years in Marshall, MO. Shortly before her death, she spoke to me about her son's disappearance. Her husband had forbidden her to talk about it. He did not want them to be known as the couple with the missing son. He and the younger sister are still alive.

I know every family deals with having a missing loved one differently but this is still sad to read. This might explain why an age-progression picture of Richard has never been done, from what I can find. Of course, there could be other reasons for that as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back