IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

How do we report a possible match if we suspect that a missing guy is a match to one of the bodies?

How do we report a possible match if we suspect that a missing guy is a match to one of the bodies?
First I'd try searching this thread for his name to see if he's already been discussed. You may also want to post it here to get feedback from other users.

Then you can email the NamUs and LE representatives for the missing person and the John Doe. CC everyone on the same email and include all the reasons why you think it's a match.

If emailing directly is daunting, another good way to submit is to use the [Doe Network](Potential Match Submission To Panel) page. Doe Network staff have connections with LE so a match passed on by them may carry more weight than a suggestion from a random person.

Dumb question but can anyone explain to me why bodies 10 and 13 both have composite sketches of what they might of looked like but they didn’t do the same for bodies 21, 26 and 28? I mean i get it they have like a clay figure composite but not a drawn composite like 10 and 13 do. Why not just do all of them to make it easier to see what they may have looked like while living?

Dumb question but can anyone explain to me why bodies 10 and 13 both have composite sketches of what they might of looked like but they didn’t do the same for bodies 21, 26 and 28? I mean i get it they have like a clay figure composite but not a drawn composite like 10 and 13 do. Why not just do all of them to make it easier to see what they may have looked like while living?
Body 10 and Body 13 are NCMEC cases, so they got updated composite sketches from NCMEC. I'm surprised Body 28 (the possible youngest victim still unidentified hasn't gotten a new sketch) though, as he's also a NCMEC case, but then NCMEC doesn't do these kinds of hand drawn reconstructions for all of their unidentified Does.

Attachments

• William-Meyer-93260_0.jpg
    William-Meyer-93260_0.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 19
  • william_elroy_meyer_1.jpg
    william_elroy_meyer_1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 17
  • NCMECBody13.jpg
    NCMECBody13.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 13
I have no idea but maybe their skulls weren’t complete? Like they could be missing some pieces.

I am almost sure one of the 5 unidentified victims was named Michael B. Baker! I've just watched documentary about Gacy and there appeared a photo of driver license with this name and characteristics - 5'10", 150 pounds, blue eyes, DOB - 24 July 1958 (John Wayne Gacy: Devil in Disguise, season 1, episode 1, timecode 27:00). His physical characteristics fit Body 10 and Body 21. What do you think about it?

Attachments

• license-ring.jpg
    license-ring.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 16
I am almost sure one of the 5 unidentified victims was named Michael B. Baker! I've just watched documentary about Gacy and there appeared a photo of driver license with this name and characteristics - 5'10", 150 pounds, blue eyes, DOB - 24 July 1958 (John Wayne Gacy: Devil in Disguise, season 1, episode 1, timecode 27:00). His physical characteristics fit Body 10 and Body 21. What do you think about it?
I assume you would be referring to the recent Netflix documentary. I think that person simply had their license stolen when he met Gacy. After Gacy's arrest, Baker was interviewed about that happening. Gacy had many interactions with young men, and some of the licenses turned out to be connected to victims (Michael Bonnin's for example), but others were for people who turned out to be alive.

I assume you would be referring to the recent Netflix documentary. I think that person simply had their license stolen when he met Gacy. After Gacy's arrest, Baker was interviewed about that happening. Gacy had many interactions with young men, and some of the licenses turned out to be connected to victims (Michael Bonnin's for example), but others were for people who turned out to be alive.
Thanks for information! I am glad to hear the person I was talking about was not murdered by Gacy.

Does anybody know what is the best way to contact DNA Doe Project? I would like to write them asking for continuing working with 5 unidentified victims.
It'll be more fruitful to contact the LE agency handling the cases, since they are the ones who have to initiate contact with the DDP -not the other way around.

Has anyone attempted to use the 1970 and 1980 census records? Like, is it possible to make a database of all names from the 1970 census, then subtract the names that appears in the 1980 census. Then you are left with names of people who died betweem 1970 and 1980, so strike out the names that were mentioned in obituaries or cemmetary records and then you'd be left with names of people who have no known death records, and maybe Gacy's final 5 victims would be among those names?

From Wikipedia page about Gacy:

"Cram also informed investigators in this interview Gacy had allowed him to retain a driver's license belonging to a DeVry University student he found in Gacy's garage in approximately February 1977 in order that he could engage in underage drinking. According to Cram, Gacy also informed him this identification belonged to a deceased individual."

I found out this univeristy is located in Naperville, Illinois. I can't recall any identified Gacy victim was a DeVry Uni student. So it may mean that 1 of 5 unidentified victims was from the Naperville Uni.

Soon I will check MP from Naperville in Namus and tell you results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back