GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that 'disclosure' website seems to be sketchy (hence their servers not really working right now). I'm not sure I believe they were able to get official information from 'authorities' when no other real MSM source could?

Also, the booking time/date is NOT included on that Illinois page, it only appears in the blog article.

Last but not least, they made a mockup mug shot of the guy; it's not a real mugshot, the picture of him exists elsewhere on the internet.

So...still skeptical till real confirmation.

In defense of The Disclosure, it's a mom & pop (husband & wife) operation & they don't have the "band-width" to support 1000s of hits! Mind you this area is so rural & small.

Effingham County has updated their website with Deryke's (did I spell it correctly) info (no info WHY he was arrested tho)

slightly o/t: for those sleuthing court records, when and if we're allowed by TOS to post, keep in mind there are two effingham counties and one's in georgia, not illinois.

i made this mistake myself. thanks!

Earlier, I posted a short message saying that this case was bringing me emotional scars. That actually had double meaning, and the second meaning has something to do with the person now in custody.

Anyone up for making a timeline/media link page and a who's who list?(sorry if thats not what their called but I hope you get my point) A lot of news coming out this morning, I'm trying to keep up!

Was without Internet all morning...

Now I'm gutted. :(

I'm so sorry little Willow....

About how far from Willow's home is this? Thanks

no more than a few (3 to 5) miles as the crow flies . . . and the overpass above LWR along HWY 37 goes straight (well, SW) out of town toward Mason

If sleuthing court records, use Judici.com and pick your county. If you are registered, you can search a name for the whole state. i wish I was registered! I was not able to find court records for Indianapolis, Indiana. If anyone can find them, I'd love to have the link.

Oh dear, the picture is becoming more clear.

Quote:
“He just said ‘Willow’ over and over and pointed out the door. He was really upset and crying a lot. I had originally thought maybe she had taken a toy away from him or something or changed the (TV) channel.

Sadly, I think that little boy saw everything and knew that something bad was happening.

Totally not ok to sleuth as LE has claimed there is no foul play involved. To me that means drowning. That's where they found her.....without her glasses as well. I would like to know how bad her eyesight was...etc. But for LE to say no foul play....I guess we won't know for certain until autopsy results are made public.

Sadly, I think that little boy saw everything and knew that something bad was happening.

I did not read to much into this. My 19month old granddaughter stands at the door and whines and calls her 8 year old brothers name over and over when he goes out to play. She does the same thing with her sister. She loves playing with them and does not like to be away from them.

Is it confirmed the child's body was found in water? Please post link. Does anyone know if she could swim? Not being insensitive with that question, just thinking about accident vs deliberate.

Totally not ok to sleuth as LE has claimed there is no foul play involved. To me that means drowning. That's where they found her.....without her glasses as well. I would like to know how bad her eyesight was...etc. But for LE to say no foul play....I guess we won't know for certain until autopsy results are made public.

I think the actual statement was they suspect no foul play. IMO, that does not mean there isn't any. And I think things have changed since the original statement was made yesterday. I think the media is regurgitating that info from yesterday. Also for me, the grandfather's recent statement holds a lot of weight. He lives in that house.

However, I am trying hard to zip it up until an official statement is made.

LE claimed that yesterday, Cherry.

Today there's crime scene tape at the house. The media hasn't removed the no suspected foul play from their current articles that were updated.

It is also on vine link.com. However, I am not certain of how legit this site is either. It appears to be an arrest report registry.

fwiw, the vinelink site for Illinois says its a victims' service provided by the AG's office and it has 800 numbers (one regular one hearing impaired?) so it looks legit to me. But I guess you never know.

Original statement was they did not suspect foul play. As far as I can find, LE has not release a new/updated statement since last night. The evidence of crime scene tape leads one to believe that they do suspect foul play - or at the very least, can't rule it out.

I think the actual statement was they suspect no foul play. IMO, that does not mean there isn't any. And I think things have changed since the original statement was made yesterday. I think the media is regurgitating that info from yesterday. Also for me, the grandfather's recent statement holds a lot of weight. He lives in that house.

However, I am trying hard to zip it up until an official statement is made.

Thanks SuziQ! I know it's hard for me to zip it too; I was so worried about her and I wonder since the article I read mentioned a river or what was it *sorry still waking up with coffee) or a body of water that drowning seemed to be the most logical situ in this case....I wonder if she did know how to swim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick