GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder when LE will do a press conference.

I don't think this has been posted yet... (You're posting too fast for me to keep up), but...

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

"Neighbors said officers put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m. That's located about a mile from where the body was found. They said three people were taken away in handcuffs. None of that information was confirmed by police."

As others have said, it's possible that these supposed arrests were unrelated. I've seen multiple people state RUMORS about drug charges, so this may not even be related at all, but there it is.

I can't find the IL booking site, the GA one keeps popping up though.

LE claimed that yesterday, Cherry.

Today there's crime scene tape at the house. The media hasn't removed the no suspected foul play from their current articles that were updated.
TY and TY all; I realize there were some arrests...dk yet if related...it's so hard when a body is found and or remains...it's so sad to me to think that she left the house...we don't know if she left alone...I have a lot of questions but will wait a bit knowing they are doing her autopsy most likely as we speak. If no sexual assault or assualt of any kind, it may show drowning I dk yet. So we wait. Thanks all; I realize there is crime scene tape up; and all.....I hope that nothing neferious happened to her...you know it's awful lately the types of crimes happening to our children. They are not safe, not at school, not even sometimes in their own homes. It is so sad. I wish more ppl cared, enough to get some laws changed, esp the auto on the amber alert. This has caused so much uproar, and I think amber alerts need to be issued whether a car is involved or NOT.

When a child is unaccounted for; that's it. For me anyway....I couldn't get her red hair and picture out of my head all day yesterday!:banghead: Sad to wake up to this.

mycase.in.gov is the one that I use to look for court records. He as one for speeding in construction zone as the only on I found

we're up to 309 guests now....wow!

has it been stated anywhere that it was a drowning or is that speculation?

7 is old enough to know to stay out of the water....my kids are 10, 8 and 2 and although my 10 and 8 yr old know how to swim, they both know to stay out of the water. The 2 year old, no way, jumps right in. Now if it was tehe ocean and we're taling rip tide,etc, tha is another story.

I have not been able to find any information on where Willow was found, exactly. The pictures of the house surrounded by crime tape is the house the family lived in, and the only "direct" but pretty vague information I can fund about where our little was found came from the sheriffs office earlier today. If someone has a link to some info that I might have missed, I would appreciate it very much if they would please share it. TIA :)

btw ot but...KrimeKat, that is an awesome movie ;) and Thank you for your help :)

http://www.wthitv.com/news/crime/pd-charges-out-of-watson-illinois

Effingham County officials have confirmed Justin Deryke, 22 of Watson, Ill., was arrested Tuesday just before 6 a.m. by Illinois State Police.

Deryke faces possible first degree murder charges.

Officials are not stating whether or not this arrest was made in connection to the Willow Long case.

Tune in to News 10 Midday and check back with WTHITV.com for updates on this story.

we're up to 309 guests now....wow!

has it been stated anywhere that it was a drowning or is that speculation?

7 is old enough to know to stay out of the water....my kids are 10, 8 and 2 and although my 10 and 8 yr old know how to swim, they both know to stay out of the water. The 2 year old, no way, jumps right in. Now if it was tehe ocean and we're taling rip tide,etc, tha is another story.

Haven't heard anything about an autopsy or COD yet. That's why I'm impatiently waiting for an update from LE.
Okay, I see the uncle has been arrested on first degree murder charges. That sure sounds bad for him.

According to an earlier article, Willow's autopsy will be at 11:00 today (Tuesday). I wonder when they will release the COD?

Now can we sleuth the uncle?

The county's coroner, Duane Guffey, declined to discuss the case ahead of the autopsy Tuesday morning and directed questions to Illinois State Police, who did not immediately return telephone messages.

"Right now, there's isn't anything else we can release," Guffey told The Associated Press. "It's all confidential, with interrogations and things going on."

http://www.bnd.com/2013/09/10/2790005/childs-body-found-during-search.html#storylink=cpy

uncle charged with first degree murder

Authorities have made an arrest in the murder of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home in Effingham County, Ill. over the weekend.
The body of Willow Long was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.
Justin DeRyke, 22, was arrested at 5:55 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

Oh no...

This is definitely not what I wanted to wake up to. RIP little Willow! :rose:

Waiting for more things to come to surface...

I just joined the board I think yesterday. I have no idea how you people come back here every week (or daily or monthly etc) some of you have been here for years. how I don't know. I'm going to bed. I'm pissed off and I want some butts. this is wrong on so many levels. She should be HOME with her family...alive and BREATHING!!!

And yes I am totally all about ME right now, that's clearly obvious. I don't care. I want some butts and this is not fair at all. It's BS and I never want to look another flipping MISSING poster again in my life.

This is why we keep coming back. We all get emotionally invested in many cases, and it is very difficult to imagine why someone would keep coming back after so many disappointments. I feel like we're all each other's support systems when things like this happen. Even though we're not family of the victims (well, some are) we follow these cases from day one, reading every piece of info, posting about any ideas we have...even when it's depressing, it's really kind of therapeutic after a while to have hundreds of people with the same feelings as you about the cases. I have only been here for a few months, but I know I'm in it for the long haul. :grouphug:

Hugs and prayers to the family. When the grandfather spoke out, I was pretty sure that there was information he had we didn't on what happened. I hate to see that feeling was correct.

Kelly

Times have changed since I grew up in the 50's and 60's. Children back then didn't run away further than down the street to the neighbor's house.

Willow could be my Granddaughter with her red hair.

God rest her soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member