IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to have a source for this? I'm not challenging you by asking, but I've speculated this is when the "Confrontation" that we've heard about occurred. I cannot quote a source either, but I recall reading two reports that an attorney (I think it was Salzman?) said that the confrontation happened early in the morning, with the same guy later being mentioned as having said it occurred later in the day. However, I have found/read nowhere what the confrontation was about and it sounds as though maybe you have. Thanks.

I've probably seen nothing about the timing, about which I'm similarly uncertain, that you haven't. I don't think I've seen anything special about the content, either, only that both CR and JR were confronted.

I would tend to think these guys would be out to hurt the guys LS was with, but not her.

Yes and no. What if they considered LS a 'possession' and that she had betrayed JW and friends? This is a fraternity after all.

I wonder if there will be other missed calls on her phone as well. Depending on when she noticed her phone was missing, she could have borrowed other people's phone earlier - CR/MB's to make calls to hers to see if anyone answered/found it. Missed calls to her phone could ether point to people trying to get in touch with her OR to people who were with her throughout that time frame (and whose phone she may have borrowed),

The interesting thing is that even if this case is ever solved, we may never know all of these details. Not all evidence is presented at a trial and things that give us a headache now, may never be known.

If a circumstantial case is ever brought, phone calls and texts would probably be a big part of it, as well as pings...

Myself, I am counting on there being "pings" in an unusual place between 3am-7am for one or more of the POI's, which may lead LE to Lauren...

If a circumstantial case is ever brought, phone calls and texts would probably be a big part of it, as well as pings...

Myself, I am counting on there being "pings" in an unusual place between 3am-7am for one or more of the POI's, which may lead LE to Lauren...

Unless somebody was smart enough to turn the phone off.

Yes and no. What if they considered LS a 'possession' and that she had betrayed JW and friends? This is a fraternity after all.

IMO, that would have been more of JW's mindset. He obviously has a bigger stake in it (losing her/being embarrassed) than the rest of the guys.

The only "report" we have of the call at 4:15 was from LS was "hearsay" from HT, since HT was not present. This is simply not anything to be considered factual. period.

I completely agree. I think that HT is trying to help find her roomie by sharing information which in large part is hearsay or 2nd hand. I know that JR is a friend of HT, at 3 weeks after LS disappearance anything not directly verifiable must be questioned.

I completely agree. I think that HT is trying to help find her roomie by sharing information which in large part is hearsay or 2nd hand. I know that JR is a friend of HT, at 3 weeks after LS disappearance anything not directly verifiable must be questioned.

I'm confused. Didn't TG just say that one of the attorneys verified the existence of this call?

I'm confused. Didn't TG just say that one of the attorneys verified the existence of this call?

Yes, the phone call to DR at 4:15 am was confirmed by a lawyer. It was published in the msm. DR never picked up the phone because he was in bed.

I've probably seen nothing about the timing, about which I'm similarly uncertain, that you haven't. I don't think I've seen anything special about the content, either, only that both CR and JR were confronted.

I'm sorry. I may be ignorant, but I don't know what you mean by "I'm similarly uncertain, that you haven't." I mean, I believe it means that you're unsure that I haven't seen anything about the timing (meaning that you think maybe I have?) I'm confused by the comment b/c I already mentioned that I'd seen something about the timing. It was somewhere in a "report" (not an actual statement I don't believe (as in a quote) from the attorney...but they both reported on the same attorney saying two different times.....once in the AM and once later in the day. I thought I was clear on that, sorry. If your comment meant something else, please explain. Thanks.

I think that the attorney said that DR received a call at 4:15 but has not said who that call was from. My point was that HT said that LS called DR at 4:15 from JR's phone but that is based on what supposively JR told HT. HT would have no way of knowing if that was really true.

I'm sorry. I may be ignorant, but I don't know what you mean by "I'm similarly uncertain, that you haven't." I mean, I believe it means that you're unsure that I haven't seen anything about the timing (meaning that you think maybe I have?) I'm confused by the comment b/c I already mentioned that I'd seen something about the timing. It was somewhere in a "report" (not an actual statement I don't believe (as in a quote) from the attorney...but they both reported on the same attorney saying two different times.....once in the AM and once later in the day. I thought I was clear on that, sorry. If your comment meant something else, please explain. Thanks.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant that we've probably seen the same things on these topics, and share the same uncertainty about the actual facts.

I think that the attorney said that DR received a call at 4:15 but has not said who that call was from. My point was that HT said that LS called DR at 4:15 from JR's phone but that is based on what supposively JR told HT. HT would have no way of knowing if that was really true.

Okay, thanks, I thought you meant that HT was the only one who said something about the call - was confused. :)

I do find it interesting that the first confrontation (at Smallwood) was told to the public by the family, then denied by LE, then retracted by the family, and now it is pretty much commonly accepted. And the 2nd confrontation I know I heard it involved CR - not sure I heard JR, but it happened over the weekend sometime, most likely after JWs father had arrived from NY.
It does seem like the negative aspects of JW are being played down, and I have always said that the early story from HT made me feel like she was overly defensive of JW. I don't know, maybe I'm a contrarian, but it makes me suspicious. It may be meant to lower people's suspicions of JW, but for me it's all making me consider him a viable suspect against the evidence.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant that we've probably seen the same things on these topics, and share the same uncertainty about the actual facts.

Oh thanks! LOL I thought you were calling me out on something for not being more clear myself. Sorry. I did find this just now:

Salzmann said Thursday that Rossman was punched at least once and possibly twice, based on the bruising to his face. Despite his claim of memory loss, Rossman still has not been checked by a doctor, the lawyer said.

The lawyer also said a second confrontation, at Rossman's building, took place a couple of days after Spierer went missing, when other students confronted Rossman.

If this is true, then the "confrontation" happened AFTER JW reported the crime, meaning that he hadn't gone over there yet. Of course this doesn't mean that he hadn't called, or stopped by, just to check up on her, then a bigger confrontation occurred later....

.http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/48228688?preferredArticleViewMode=single

If you visit his blog, it's in a title of his blog post on June 22. I don't know how the title of the blog post can be mischaracterized.

Police have discounted the "mystery man" saying that every man they have on video -- they can identify. It doesn't mean they're right. It doesn't mean they're wrong. They are saying that the witness, if she saw Lauren with a man, they have no evidence that it was anybody other than people we already know.

However, the witness is firm in what she believes - that she saw Lauren with a man at 3:38am at College and 10th and was shown photos of POI's and none of them matched.

Isnt it every bit as possible that the reason HT was defending JW is that LS might not have even told her roomate things were at a certain point with CR. A lot of times, when people start a new relationship, whether cheating or right after a long relationship, they keep it quiet from people. In this case, if HT were close enough to JW or had a tendency to not keep secrets, she might have been reluctant to tell her right away that something was going on.

What I am thinking is that maybe that night LS did not know she was going to go out with CR. She went to JR's apt. I guess she suggested going to Kilroy's or him and she went.

So HT might not have known about it til the next day when I am sure she heard about the fight, etc.

I do not think it proves that she was not close to LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57