IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he wasn't so confusing, but yes, it sounded that way. Approximately an hour before 3:38 am, which would make it around 2:30 am.

I will say that the timing is just about perfect for the eyewitness to have seen CR and LS at that corner, if she is an hour off.

It is even odder if LS and JW were on the outs. It looks like, no reviewing the old video, that HT might be romanticizing the relationship JW and LS had, maybe she thought LS was being awful to JW and gave him a heads up.
(snip) Yes....maybe HT is "into" JW and can't for the life of her understand why LS would treat him this way when SHE is clearly the better catch (in her mind - maybe). Perhaps she felt that to make HER look like a better choice, she should show JW how bad LS is. Therefore, call JW to let him know that LS was out with another guy.

I will say that the timing is just about perfect for the eyewitness to have seen CR and LS at that corner, if she is an hour off.

If she saw LS with CR, her description of the man would appear to be off as well.

I believe the last line means other sources (MB? JR?) reported LS being somewhere else at 3:38 am. Presumably MB's, CR's and JR's apartment building.
That's how I interpreted it, too, jenny. It's a little ambiguous, though, so I was curious what others thought.

Yes, I read that one too, which is why it's so confusing. Actually, I believe I've now read THREE - all reports of the SAME attorney's comment.

One said it happened later that morning.
One said it happened later that day.
One (the one I quoted) said a few days later.
:waitasec:

and which one was it rumored to include JW and his father?

(snip) Yes....maybe HT is "into" JW and can't for the life of her understand why LS would treat him this way when SHE is clearly the better catch (in her mind - maybe). Perhaps she felt that to make HER look like a better choice, she should show JW how bad LS is. Therefore, call JW to let him know that LS was out with another guy.

Or perhaps HT just loves drama and stirring things up.

Interesting. I think he is saying that her time doesn't jive with the prior sources - could be other reported sightings of LS, as well as the videos.
Which shouldn't be as big as it hit me, since I would hope lots of people saw LS during that night and reported it.
But interesting phrasing there. What do you make of it? He normally doesn't seem to be so carefully unclear in his speaking style, except for this "encounter witness".

I am wondering if Lauren was seen being carried that way on the 2:51AM video and LE knows who carried her then so figures she probably wasn't being carried in that way by an entirely different person an hour later...

I just don't get how she could be a whole hour off. Even if there was no giant digital clock there, you know what time you get off work. Maybe not to the exact minute, but to be a whole hour off?

That's how I interpreted it, too, jenny. It's a little ambiguous, though, so I was curious what others thought.

I think he was very confusing, probably because he was trying not to reveal too much info while discounting the possibility of LS being with a mystery man at 3:38 am.

Sorry this is from way back, but the logic just seems so off to me.

You're right...if all you said is true about him being more into her, her defriending him, etc. then I would be more inclined to believe that he definitely had that motive and everything I wrote in that previous post would basically be discounted. I can't remember what it was now but from whoever initially started talking about how they may have recently broken up, I got the impression that it was an amicable break-up, more like just gradually growing apart, like a mutual thing, but that they were still friends. Like I said, I can't remember now what was said to give me that impression but I made that comment with that the idea of a couple who still cared about each other just weren't together anymore in mind. If the picture you paint-of a more unhappy or dissonant break-up-is more accurate then that would change everything I expressed before. I honestly have no idea how we can confirm the nature of their relationship for certain so I guess it's good that now we can think of it from both angles.

If she saw LS with CR, her description of the man would appear to be off as well.

More off than "pointed, rounded sideburns" ?

*Sorry, Tony, just have never understood how that description is possible.

I am wondering if Lauren was seen being carried that way on the 2:51AM video and LE knows who carried her then so figures she probably wasn't being carried in that way by an entirely different person an hour later...

This JUST occurred to me as well. TG - can you ask at tomorrow's PC if LS is, at any time, in any video, being turned upside down, or being carried as the 338 witness describes?

True, but LE hasn't confirmed yet who was walking with her. Personally, I think it was CR. I think they are withholding the video description b/c of some activity that happened in that alley, but what if we're wrong?

I also wanted to comment that I think her parents are probably being shared a lot and I think they may have even seen some of these videos. In that recent WTHI interview, the Dad was asked specifically about drugs and he didn't want to comment. If he didn't know anything, I think he'd say, "That hasn't been brought to our attention." He didn't say that. If her "friends' aren't talking to them, then really, where else could they be getting that info other than the police. I doubt the police would share "rumors"....that could be very mean/shocking to tell a parent something like that if it turns out to all be untrue. That tells me that on some video somewhere, they have some evidence of drug use. Maybe it happened in the alley.....but would they seriously stop 3 mins. away from the apartment, to snort some coke?

More off than "pointed, rounded sideburns" ?

*Sorry, Tony, just have never understood how that description is possible.

I took this to me rounded, as in "curved", with points on the ends. I've seen this before. Sideburns don't go straight downward....they curve(round) slightly toward the mouth, then the ends are a bit pointed. Trust me, it's NOT attractive.

Interesting. I think he is saying that her time doesn't jive with the prior sources - could be other reported sightings of LS, as well as the videos.
Which shouldn't be as big as it hit me, since I would hope lots of people saw LS during that night and reported it.
But interesting phrasing there. What do you make of it? He normally doesn't seem to be so carefully unclear in his speaking style, except for this "encounter witness".
I have the same take, MB and JR have reported seeing her between 2:51 and 4:30. Qualters seems to say the witness could not have seen Lauren within that same timeframe, meaning 3:38 a.m., as she reported. Like you, I've become accustomed to Qualters' straightforward manner of speech, so this threw me a bit.

I was wondering about this too. Did it just not occur to LE to check the times of the camera that caught the truck?

It depends on the video surveillance system. Many of them just record into computer and will use the time from the computer. Unless the computer is synced to the "actual" time from time to time via a network, they will "drift" based on their internal clock. I have a computer in my lab that will drift 30 minutes in a matter of months. It's not hooked up to a network, so there is no way for it to obtain a referenced time.

When LE is reviewing video several days (maybe weeks) later there is no real good way to determine if the time stamp is completely accurate. Their best guess would be to compare current time on the computer or video system with the actual time. Then make some broad assumptions that the error found in the present would have been the same during the video segment in question in the past.

Since LE seems to be emphatic that LS was seen at 2:51 AM, I am guessing that surveillance system must have it's time verified. Maybe the 2 systems used on the "white truck" were not synced as well. This may have lead LE to think that it passed thru a couple of times when now it seems it only passed thru once. Just my opinion.

.but would they seriously stop 3 mins. away from the apartment, to snort some coke?

no but maybe a little transaction for it. Drugs (either procuring them or using them) in the alley wasn't my first thought I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet