IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are misreading. MB was not with her before going to 11th, as he never left 11th all night. The only people who were with her in going to 11th (and assuming that the plural isn't simply an error) are CR (later in the night) and DR (earlier). MB is the acquaintance that watched her walk away.

No, I'm not misreading. I know MB wasn't with her before going to the BUILDING on the 11th and I believe you're interpreting the report as the first option that I pointed out. I can certainly see how it can be interpreted that way. However, it says "OTHER APARTMENT".

I was pointing out that I personally interpreted it as the second option -
"the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th" in THAT option would include CR and MB because they were both with her (presumably) prior to her going up to the OTHER APARTMENT (JR's).

One can consider "other apartment" to mean "other than Smallwoood" or "other than CR's". I would assume that since there is more than one apartment in question on 11th, they would word it as "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment BUILDING on 11th". Since it's not worded in that manner, I take "other apartment on 11th" to mean the other one (JR's) which is ALSO on 11th.

At one point, I thought it was mentioned, or there was a link to an article about a possible JR/JW friendship. Anyone remember that, or do I have that wrong?

My understanding: They are frat brothers, but do not fraternize. JW joined his first year, during which the frat chapter was shut down. JR arrived the next year, and pledged the unofficial frat.

Posted last night, this link is to the entire 6/8 press conference. Maybe they have others on this site, I haven't looked.
This is the press conference where they talk about the early interviews with CR/MB and possibly JR.

Lt. Parker says in this press conference video that "the acquaintance watched her walk away because she said she wanted to go home...". He doesn't state JR's name, but he indicates the acquaintance is the same acquaintance whose apartment she was visiting until 4:30 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/indi...ren-spierer-news-conference-6-8-25510222.html

He repeated this in another video, either the day before or after.

My understanding: They are frat brothers, but do not fraternize. JW joined his first year, during which the frat chapter was shut down. JR arrived the next year, and pledged the unofficial frat.

I don't know if this is true, but I can't assume they are good friends or even friends just because of this fraternity connection.

That's right, because CR/MB and JR do not live on rooms off a hall. They live in separate apartments that are the same part of a complex, both with street-level entrances. To leave CR/MB's and go to JR's, you go outside on the sidewalk.

How do you know there are separate entrances to CR/MB's and JR's apartments. I've not come across that.

Link please.

What I can say about the info that is getting disseminated on this case vs others, is that I do not ever recall feeling the manipulation like I have in this one. This started almost immediately here. The parents tell about the confrontation at Smallwood, LE denies it, then the parents deny they ever mentioned it, or that it even happened. It would have been comical if the case wasn't so tragic. Either the manipulation of appearances in this case are much too transparent, or there is a lot more manipulation of the message than I am used to seeing.

I'm confused about this. So are you saying that LE are denying the confrontation at Smallwood? I thought that they were admitting that happened.....

"Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment."

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

Thank you :)

Assuming that the POIs are responsible for her disappearance, I feel this might be a partial key to it.

Re: mountainguy777 about hating to see college kids able to pull off hiding a body..

Are you familiar with the Haleigh Cummings case.. Uneducated, drug addled group of teens and twenty somethings from backwoods of satsuma, fl have managed to get rid of and kept all evidence hidden/destroyed since 2/9/2009.. Shocking as it seems it's true. So I'd say if that cast of characters can manage to do it this group could do it easy-peasy..

Then you've got Hailey Dunn in CCity, tx who zip has been found of any trace of evidence or her remains.. And again we're talking at most 2 drug addled, extremely immature adults.. Possibly even one loser, drug addled, horror movie obsessed, child *advertiser censored*/beastiality watching 25 yr old male that has managed to make this 5"3 120lb beautiful young girl vanish into thin air without a trace..
It's definitely possible.. I've learned that
E

Totally possible that these college MEN are capable, plenty of cases where seemingly lower-IQ'd folks have had LE on the run for years in missing persons cases, drugs notwithstanding...

I haven't been able to look back at any news conferences because they simply don't exist. If anybody has found a site that has the briefings, let me know. Hard to find the video, whether it be at MSM news sites, on Youtube. All you can find are the sound bites that cops want you to see. This is very bad for us, since we like to pore over the details to find that nugget. For the regular sleuthers who have bounced from one case to another, isn't this odd? On each story, no matter where it happens, there always seems to be one news outlet, or even a local blogger, who records this stuff. Not here. Strange.

Wish we had BeanE on this case!!

That girl is unbelievable with her attention TO ALL DETAIL on a case she follows.. She gets it ALL!! And if she was following this case she'd have a link to every single presser in full..

You may be familiar with her site. It is impressive and impeccable and you can damn well believe if BeanE's got it posted or quoted as something said or an event happened.. That she's done her homework and IT IS EXACTLY AS SHE PRESENTS IT TO BE..

Where are you BeanE ?? We need you:)

I don't have a link handy but I know it's casesignal.wordpress.com

Are there any random abductors here? If so, what is your reason for abducting? Would you abduct someone you had to carry away?

No, I'm not misreading. I know MB wasn't with her before going to the BUILDING on the 11th and I believe you're interpreting the report as the first option that I pointed out. I can certainly see how it can be interpreted that way. However, it says "OTHER APARTMENT".

I was pointing out that I personally interpreted it as the second option -
"the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th" in THAT option would include CR and MB because they were both with her (presumably) prior to her going up to the OTHER APARTMENT (JR's).

One can consider "other apartment" to mean "other than Smallwoood" or "other than CR's". I would assume that since there is more than one apartment in question on 11th, they would word it as "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment BUILDING on 11th". Since it's not worded in that manner, I take "other apartment on 11th" to mean the other one (JR's) which is ALSO on 11th.

I agree that one can read "other apartment" to mean "other than CR's," but I regard that, again, as a misreading. First, because "other" precedes rather than follows any reference (if there is one) to JR's apartment in the quote. Second, because in the larger context of the article, other follows several references to Smallwood...

"An attorney for an acquaintance of Laura Spierer who was with her the night she went missing says there was some sort of altercation inside the lobby of Lauren’s apartment complex just after 2:30 a.m. Friday. The confrontation, at Smallwood Plaza Apartments, was recorded on a surveillance camera, and reportedly involves the man who walked Lauren home.

Lieutenant Bill Parker said the Bloomington Police have conducted polygraph tests with the people who were with Lauren the night she disappeared. “We have spoken to the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th, and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away, but I don’t want to [say] what was stated at this point.”"

"Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment."

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

Linking another article about the AEPi Fraternity posted yesterday:

(There were) incidents of individuals being taken out into the country, dropped off and expected to find their way back to the house," said Dick McKaig, IU Dean of Students.

http://www.wthr.com/story/7765853/i...r-hazing?clienttype=printable&redirected=true

I also read "other apartment" as referring to CR/MB's, because the quote says "up to," as if referring to her Northerly travel on the map, from 8th to 11th. It could also mean "up to" as in up a flight of stairs - CR/MB's place may be on a higher floor - but the entrance is still at street level.

I've tried to put myself in each one of these guy's shoes, with the assumption that I was innocent...and the only one who is acting logically,IMO, is the bf. We can't assume that he knew about the apt confrontation. As a matter of fact, LE said LS wasn't involved in that altercation. Now, they may have meant physically involved, but we don't know for sure. I would think if the fight was over her, she would have jumped in at some point...not necessarily to fight, but still to the point of 'involving' herself. That fight might simply have been because the other guys didn't like him hanging around. Going with what we've been told, the bf may not have found out that LS & this guy had been hanging out. Once he did find out & then heard about the fight & was then named a POI, I don't blame him for leaving and hiring a lawyer. Actually, that's exactly what I would have done. All of this information in addition to her missing, would have been like a punch to the stomach....a complete blindsiding. If I eliminate the presumption that he was told about the fight, then his actions are exactly what I would expect. I can't give the guy who watched her leave, the same benefit. He watched this tiny barefoot girl leave, without even a phone for protection? I'm a mom, so maybe that colors my views on this, but the idea of my daughter wandering around in the wee hours without a phone, makes me ill. The idea of a guy letting her leave like that and not giving her his phone, also makes me ill. At best, it comes across as extremely selfish. IDK what all LE knows, maybe the exact opposite of how things appear, but I would think phone records can be used to sort some of this mess out. MOO.

Please, if you have any doubt that LE has said they have spoken to JR, listen to the press conference.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/india...-25510222.html

Any doubt should be erased. LE has at one time claimed that they have spoken to JR. They may not want us to know this anymore, but at one time it was made known to us. Even the Media person knew enough about JR since during questioning asked about the acquaintance who "walked her a little ways and watched her walk away up the street". It is discussed over several sentences. I'm not good at transcribing, but it is obviously JR's claim of her leaving and "he watched her walk up the street to make sure she was ok"

Does anyone know a POI who has dark skin? Could it be the person who "found" the keys?
Yes. He is AA. I have his name and a picture of him. He is dark-skinned and could (could) fit the description of the no-longer-mystery-person now "known to police.

Are there any random abductors here? If so, what is your reason for abducting? Would you abduct someone you had to carry away?

I'm not a random abductor ;D but I think most of us will remember that shocking video of Carlie Brucia being led away by her abductor. Led away by the hand, no protest whatsoever.

I've kind of held my tongue on this as the person involved has been named a roommate but hasn't appeared in many stories (no it is not HT). The friend has a public twitter and upon her arrival home she has that she got home #blunts, she also has a few references sprinkled throughout to 420, bongs and other such things. Clearly she is a heavy pot smoker; which fine, does not point to anything. However it seems oddly self-absorbed to go on about being home and smoking when your roommate is missing. I am sure this kid knows very little about what happened that night, but it gives me the sense that these friends were not the close people they led one to believe in news stories, but rather "party buddies".

who is this post referring to? i see another poster quoted this post but I still can't figure out who is being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school