IN IN - Molly Dattilo, 23, Indianapolis, 6 July 2004

blueclouds said:
...MY goodness, how many people do we truly loose that are never national news???? DON'T THEY ALL COUNT? ...

Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Two...that's 2,302...

...every DAY

That's the ones reported, according to the NCIC stats from 2001

There are no current stats on missing adults, as most are not reported, due to various misunderstandings of the law.

Most come home or are found within 7-10 days. But every year, around 97,000 never come home.

In the time it took for me to type this post, five people (adults and children) went missing in America.

It's a catastrophic problem that has reached epidemic proportions.

Please pray for the missing, and those who search.

With LOVE and HOPE, Lanie

The Indiana Missing Person Awareness Event, which was scheduled to end Sunday evening with a dance, was sponsored by Burton's office and Jillian's. The entertainment center agreed to donate 10 percent of the day's revenue to the searches for Molly Laura Dattilo, 23, who disappeared in July, and Lola Katherine Fry, who was 28 when she vanished more than 11 years ago.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050502/NEWS01/505020392

Monday Is Molly Datillo's Birthday, But Family Isn't Celebrating With Her

POSTED: June 13, 2005

INDIANAPOLIS -- Monday is Molly Dattilo's 24th birthday, but her family is not celebrating with her.

The IUPUI student has been missing nearly a year, and the search for her continues.

To remember her birthday and to renew hope in finding her, Dattilo's family is releasing balloons at 11:30 a.m. in Military Park.

Molly was last seen July 6 on the city's west side, near 10th Street and Interstate 465.

Since then, there have been numerous searches in the area, rewards offered, and billboards seeking information. So far, there's no sign of her.

Molly grew up in southern Indiana and lived there until she went to college.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4600938/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- There are two new developments in the mysterious
disappearance of Molly Dattilo, now missing for nearly a year.

Marion County sheriff's investigators were in Kentucky Monday,
interviewing the person alleged to be the last person to see Dattilo.

Monday would have been Molly's 24th birthday.

The 5-foot, 100-pound Dattilo went missing July 6, 2004, from her
far west side apartment complex.

Friends said she just disappeared, leaving her cell phone, her
clothing, books, and bank account behind.

"We hope the person can provide us with some information that will
help us bring this to closure. But, he's definitely not a suspect at
this point," Capt. Phil Burton said.

read more at: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4603826/detail.html

News from the family:

"I want to let you know that on Sat. July 2, at 4:35 ET/ 3:35 CT, The Fox News Channel (not the local Fox network, but the cable station) has offered to do an interview with Kendra for Molly's year anniversary. Det. Kathryn Bryon, from the Marion County Sheriff's Dept., will also be interviewed.

We are very grateful for The Fox News Channel, because they extended the interview to us. Also, Marion County is finally going to be involved in this one. Hopefully, you will have a moment to watch. The interview will probably be pretty quick, so it won't take too much time out of the holiday weekend."

Thanks for the info, Kelly. And, a big round of applause to Fox news. We'll be watching!

It's been one year since Molly Dattilo was reported missing in the area of the Westlake Apartment complex. She walked to a nearby Wendy's to check on a job application.

Detectives now know she walked back. But it's still a mystery as to exactly when she disappeared.

As more time passes, the more critical it becomes. Captain Burton says this is not a cold case, but as time passes it's getting colder. "So, we're hoping that something will come to light to allow us to bring this to closure."

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=3559298&nav=9TahboCc

Family and friends of a college student who vanished from Indianapolis one year ago held a 24-hour vigil today to remind people her disappearance remains unsolved.

May said investigators regularly discuss progress in the case.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050706/NEWS01/50706016

The Marion County sheriff’s detective assigned to the Dattilo case said on the Fox program that Molly Dattilo’s disappearance is still considered a missing-persons case but that she has “not ruled out foul play.”

The detective, Catherine Byron, however, wouldn’t say whether she has any suspects. The family had been told there was a “person of interest,” but she didn’t refer to that.

The first two times the host of the Fox News program asked if there was a suspect, Byron said, “I have talked to a number of people in this case and I continue to talk to anyone with information.”

The third time the host asked, she said, “I can’t answer that question right now.”

Byron said she gets “daily tips and leads” that she follows.

http://www.madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=253&ArticleID=24794

Kendra Dattilo Skidmore obtained national attention Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live" show for her missing sister, 23-year-old Molly Dattilo, who disappeared in Indianapolis on July 6, 2004.
"I believe she was lured away somehow and taken," Skidmore, Salt Lake City, said on the TV show, whose topic was "Missing Persons Cold Cases." Dattilo was last seen at a Westside Indianapolis fast-food restaurant, submitting a job application.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051126/NEWS01/511260446

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060109/NEWS02/601090369/1008/NEWS01

courier-journal.com > Indiana View 7 days > Su M Tu W Th F Sa Adv. search >

Monday, January 9, 2006 E-mail this | Print page

Flashback: | MOLLY DATTILO
Missing Indiana woman's family hasn't lost hope
WHAT WE KNEW

After six months with no solid leads, the Madison, Ind., family of missing 23-year-old Molly Dattilo was still hoping last January for a miracle, or an explanation. Dattilo, a scholarship runner at Eastern Kentucky University and singer with her sights set on American Idol, disappeared July 6, 2004, in Indianapolis, where she was living for the summer.

WHAT'S NEW
"Who says we've given up?" Molly's sister, Kendra Skidmore, said last week, even though there have been no new leads in the case. "Somebody stopped her in her tracks. She was trying to achieve her goals and someone stopped her in her tracks. … Who was this?"

Last March, an anonymous donor offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to Dattilo's discovery and the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance. The family hopes someone will speak up before the reward offer expires March 31.

"It's very difficult to have hope that she's still alive somewhere," Skidmore said. "This is someone who has always been in touch with her mother."

The family was hit hard again Dec. 14 with the death of Dattilo's father, Fred.

"He was just about ready to go to Indianapolis himself and go searching," Skidmore said.

"Though he had been in ill health for some time, I think that, in part, he died of grief," said his son, Ben Dattilo. "At his funeral, we hung a picture of Dad holding Molly, his baby girl, when she was a little toddler."

I feel so bad that her dad died without knowing what happened to his girl. I hope that he is reunited with Molly now and that they are having a great time just being together. I sure wish Molly would be found.

Bobbisangel said:
I feel so bad that her dad died without knowing what happened to his girl. I hope that he is reunited with Molly now and that they are having a great time just being together. I sure wish Molly would be found.
Oh no! :(
This is so sad!
I had been following this case for quite some time too. I always had this crazy thought that she ran off to try out for American idol and something happened to her along the way.

Her poor father. Well, maybe Molly and he will meet again with the angels.
:angel:

Prayers for the Datillos.
May they find some answers someday soon.

Nothing new on the search for Molly? I haven't seen anything in the media about her lately or for a while I should say. Where is she?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back