IN IN - Molly Dattilo, 23, Indianapolis, 6 July 2004

John E. Shelton seems to be the only link LE has concerning the last person known to be with Molly. He is serving time for theft and is due to be released 02/28/2010.

Does anyone know if Shelton was released?

SIX years to the date that Molly went missing. Still no justice for Molly! I hope today will bring about renewed interest in her case and that someone, somewhere will come forward.

First time poster so please go easy on me. I live within miles of where this all happened and every year I read about it as this poor girls family trys to find her. I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to post after thinking about it for months. I wanted to post a UID to see what your thoughts are. Please let me know if this is the wrong place. Dates and height are a little off but it says skeletal remains.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/672ufoh.html

Welcome to websleuths tryingtoidentfy

I can see how this might be Molly. I wonder if Molly's family has her DNA registered.
:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to websleuths tryingtoidentfy

I can see how this might be Molly. I wonder if Molly's family has her DNA registered.
:Welcome-12-june:

Thank you for the welcome. I am not sure on the DNA. I am going to try and do a little more digging. I also posted in the unidentified section for the Jane Doe hoping someone there could give me some pointers. No responses yet, but hopefully soon. Molly needs to come home.

I sent a message via the Molly myspace page to the link of the Jane Doe. Back when Molly first went missing the family did an admirable job of getting the word out. Posters were in all the westside businesses. Also the huge billboard was what really caught me eye. I hope her family gets answers.

Family of vanished Ind. woman awarded nearly $3.5M

INDIANAPOLIS —
The family of an Indiana college student who went missing six years ago has won a nearly $3.5 million judgment against two men they claim were involved in her disappearance.

Molly Dattilo's family may never see the money, since one man is in prison and the other's whereabouts are unknown. But her cousin, Keri Dattilo of Indianapolis, said the Monday ruling in Marion County Superior Court is an important step.

More at link...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-missingstudent-in,0,3117253.story

Bumping for Molly. I hope her killers get what's coming to them.

I met Molly once - she was very kind.

I hope they get the people responsible.

*bump*

Any updates on Molly? I grew up in this area and have been to all the places mentioned so it strikes closer to home.
I hope they do NOT give this guy immunity as some media reported awhile back.
Anyone guilty of murder should spend the rest of their life behind bars.

Missing without a trace

Some names quickly fall into the national memory bank.

Elizabeth Smart; Caylee Anthony; and now, Lauren Spierer.

But the vast majority of missing persons are bound to be forgotten, if they ever get mentioned at all. Despite several high-profile cases recently, most of the missing vanish without a peep of publicity.

[snip]

Molly Dattilo was a 23-year-old student at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis when she disappeared in Indianapolis in 2004.

Dattilo's family launched a media blitz six weeks after her disappearance because they were frustrated with the pace of the police investigation. It helped get Dattilo's story out.

"It is up to the family to keep pushing," said Keri Dattilo, 37, Molly's cousin. "You have to keep coming up with new ideas to keep it in the news, anything to get another story out and keep their face in the news."

More: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110717/LOCAL/107170329/Missing-without-a-trace?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I've been thinking about Molly this week - I'm hoping something resolves in 2012.

Cleveland case offers hope for Molly Dattilo's family

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...eland-case-offers-hope-Molly-Dattilo-s-family

The recovery of the missing women in Cleveland has inspired new hope in Keri Dattilo, that one day she may be reunited with her missing cousin Molly.

“I can’t even imagine that feeling if we got a phone call today that Molly was alive,” Dattilo said. “It would be a miracle.”

tPux6j4.jpg

Molly Dattilo

“Molly really felt like people could be trusted. That’s what got her into trouble,” said Hoffman.

10 years ago today was the last time Molly was seen. I don't live in Indy anymore but I remember there were billboards up around the city once upon a time with her picture. LE never took her case seriously at first, but Molly's family moved mountains over the years to get her case in the news and keep it in the news. Let's pray there is another public push to bring Molly home to her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back