GUILTY IN - Salem, Washington Co, BlkMale 5-8, PMI approx 1 week, wooded area near roadway, Apr'22 - Cairo Ammar Jordan *1 guilty* *Mother arrested 2024*

From an article quoted above, he was well cared for:

What do we know about the boy?
Huls said the victim is approximately 5 years old. He’s described as a Black male who’s about 4 feet tall with a slim build and short hair. Police had previously said they believed the boy was between the ages of 5 and 8, but they’re now confident he is around 5 years old.

Investigators are convinced he was killed within the last week.

“We still believe the death occurred within the past week,” Huls said. “The child was in good condition, as far as the circumstances go. Based on the dental condition, the teeth were clean, in good shape. [There’s] nothing we can go off there to identify, but he appeared well cared for.”

The autopsy was completed Tuesday. Huls said there was no definitive answer for the cause of death. Investigators are now waiting for toxicology results, which can take up to six weeks.

Boy's body found in suitcase in Washington County Indiana
so he was well cared for. i wonder what happened here?

Could it be he still has all of his baby teeth, and that is why they feel he is closer to 5-years-old? I agree he is tall for 5-years, but I am sure they are being very thorough in his case.

Our grandson was 47" when he was five. Takes after his mother's side of the family.

Average height on the growth chart for a five year old is 3 feet 7 inches. I don’t think 4 feet tall for a five year old is all that unusual.
CDC Height for Age Percentiles for Boys (2 - 20 years)

It's 99.7th percentile on the growth chart according to the CDC, so not "off the chart" but extremely tall for that age. One of my friends has a son who is 5 and 48" and he stands out dramatically amongst other kids in our friend group. This boy was likely known for his height if he's really 5.

CDC Height for Age Percentiles for Boys (2 - 20 years)

It's 99.7th percentile on the growth chart according to the CDC, so not "off the chart" but extremely tall for that age. One of my friends has a son who is 5 and 48" and he stands out dramatically amongst other kids in our friend group. This boy was likely known for his height if he's really 5.
I used to work in pediatrics, and we always tracked a growth chart at every well visit. It wasn’t uncommon to have a child at the 105th percentile for height, mostly boys but occasionally a girl.

I agree, he would have been known for being on the tall side for his age.

I am guessing they are estimating his age by the number and location of baby teeth.

Police seek help identifying boy found in Indiana woods | wthr.com

The man who found this suitcase in the woods along a road at the top of a hill has promised police not to talk about it until the boy is identified, but he told 13News he wants to build a memorial there.

"Tragic, but at least he was found and now feel like somebody needs to come forward and let him be heard," said Kim Warne.

"My husband's been back there multiple times mushroom hunting, and my kids ride four-wheelers back there, so I can't even imagine something like that happening," said Warne, a pregnant mother who lives nearby with her two older children. "We're actually friends with the man who discovered the little boy, so he called my husband and my dad and actually just kind of asked for support because obviously that's a big traumatic thing that happened."

I just spent 30 minutes attempting to find a similar case to this one available online, using a bunch of search terms.

I can't find it.

It is likely a previously available suitcase, and really, LE will be able to determine the manufacturer in all likelihood, they made a gazillion of them and it won't lead to anything at all.

What WILL lead to something, hopefully, is this case being broadcasted EVERYWHERE. It is extremely recognizable. It has the appearance of being very worn, may have even been picked up at a thrift shop for this heinous purpose.

I really hope IN LE are scouring all available video footage from the surrounding area.

This is very sad.

WG

I found on on Mercari for sale but I have seen them at Ross, TJ Max, and other stores. (I looked at one for my Las Vegas trip but ended up with a Darth Vador one for my hubby......)

Police seek help identifying boy found in Indiana woods | wthr.com

The man who found this suitcase in the woods along a road at the top of a hill has promised police not to talk about it until the boy is identified, but he told 13News he wants to build a memorial there.

"Tragic, but at least he was found and now feel like somebody needs to come forward and let him be heard," said Kim Warne.

"My husband's been back there multiple times mushroom hunting, and my kids ride four-wheelers back there, so I can't even imagine something like that happening," said Warne, a pregnant mother who lives nearby with her two older children. "We're actually friends with the man who discovered the little boy, so he called my husband and my dad and actually just kind of asked for support because obviously that's a big traumatic thing that happened."

Thank-you for the link.

There's a good video there of the recovery location.

Interesting to note that life long residents did not even know that road existed.

Rich Nye has some location photo's on his twitter

FQzi7uQX0AA-LB_

FQzi7uRWQAIG6o2

https://twitter.com/RichNye13/status/1516836706158268431?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1516836706158268431|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/man-who-found-boys-body-in-southern-indiana-woods-wants-to-build-memorial-pekin-police-search/531-559a748a-477e-450b-99b9-8eae215f3257

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back