IN - Shanda Sharer, 12, Madison, 11 January 1992

lisag said:
I don't even agree with that.. Toni had SEVERAL opportunites to get help and she didn't. She may not have actively beat Shanda, or lit her on fire, but she also chose not to help her... She watched it all happen.. She is just as guilty IMO and should still be in prison!
I agree, Toni should have tried to stop it. Instead after they tortured shanda they went to McDonalds for breakfast.....Oh I would love 1 minute alone with all of them :slap: :slap: ...

michelle said:
I agree, Toni should have tried to stop it. Instead after they tortured shanda they went to McDonalds for breakfast.....Oh I would love 1 minute alone with all of them :slap: :slap: ...
They all deserved life sentences. They never gave Shanda a 2nd chance, or showed her a ounce of mercy. Burns are the worst suffering & for them to dump gas on her & then watch??????? :doh: They deserved NO MERCY! Sick beeches!

cheko1 said:
They all deserved life sentences. They never gave Shanda a 2nd chance, or showed her a ounce of mercy. Burns are the worst suffering & for them to dump gas on her & then watch??????? :doh: They deserved NO MERCY! Sick beeches!
Oh tell me about it, Shanda was a beautiful girl too, I mean its sick to do this to anyone! The one girl Melissa Loveless had advertised herself on one of those prison website not to long ago for "friends" I will try to find the link. Sick Winch, JMO.......

They all should have gotten the death penalty imo. I remember seeing clips of them during trial and appeals, (on dateline???or something???) and they would be laughing and yucking it up until the Judge or Jury was present, and then act all sad and remorseful. Made me sick. I too read the book years ago, and have never forgotten. That poor little girl, she didn't have a chance.

This is another reason to be for the death penalty. It is the only sentence that actually guarantees the guilty won't get back on the street. Sentences get reduced everyday, if they are dead, some lawyer can't file an appeal to get them out. Period.

Those of you from Indiana you more than likely remember this. i was 11, a year younger that Shanda and living about 90 min from where this took place. Shanda was a 12 year old girl and was tourtured for 10 hours and then burned to death after being 1/3 of a bizzare teenage lesbian triange. 2 of the 4 are already out and living among us. The following is very disturbing.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/shanda_sharer/1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Loveless (the shorter, less disturbing version)
http://www.gatago.com/alt/true-crime/13793727.html
http://thinksink.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_thinksink_archive.html (scroll to 3rd story)

I will NEVER forget Shanda. So freaking sad. Those girls should have gotten death, and to think one of them is walking around among us!!!!:furious:

michelle said:
I will NEVER forget Shanda. So freaking sad. Those girls should have gotten death, and to think one of them is walking around among us!!!!:furious:
Like that Karla Holmoka, what a worry..

I remember this case, how awful.

I read a book on this case several years ago and it was horrible. From what I remember it was completely planned and premeditated. What they did to that beautiful little girl was horriffic.

I hate the thought that any of them are out.

This story is horrifying. EVERY damn aspect of this crime is unimaginable. I keep going back to my initial thought though. She was 12 years old and involved in a sexual lesbian relationship? That blows my mind. I'm not passing judgment - please don't misunderstand. I am just shocked by how young these kids were and their lifestyle. It is a travesty that these two willing participants are allowed to walk free.

Does anyone know what is going on with the two girls that are out of jail? Unbeliveable the things they did to poor Shanda and now they are out living their lives.

Well, I just read about the case and I'm sorry I did.:(

Poor little Shanda. It breaks my heart to hear that right before she died, after being beaten and stabbed for hours, she was saying "Mommy". OMG. :(

I had nightmares for awhile after I read this book. I could not sleep without picturing shanda in my mind. It was terrible.

michelle said:
I had nightmares for awhile after I read this book. I could not sleep without picturing shanda in my mind. It was terrible.
OMG :(
When I hear stuff like this, it makes me wish I could turn back time.
I am a paranoid parent as it is. :(

mocity said:
Does anyone know what is going on with the two girls that are out of jail? Unbeliveable the things they did to poor Shanda and now they are out living their lives.
No, I don't know Mocity.

Maybe google the girls names....
Melinda Loveless
Lauri Tackett
Hope Rippey
Toni Lawrence

michelle said:
when it happened i was 11 and we lived not too far from whre these girls are from and it scared me to death and my mother was scared to death too, I remember when we heard about it and all the detail, i didn't even know what a lesbian was at the time. It did and still does disturb me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back