IN - Shanda Sharer, 12, Madison, 11 January 1992

2sisters said:
when it happened i was 11 and we lived not too far from whre these girls are from and it scared me to death and my mother was scared to death too, I remember when we heard about it and all the detail, i didn't even know what a lesbian was at the time. It did and still does disturb me.
Its one of the most Horrific Murders I have ever read about. I can still remember them describing how shanda was when they found her, that is the description that gave me MANY sleepless and restless nights. I swear this stuff scares the hell out of me as a parent!

It did my head in too.
I wished I hadn't happened upon it when I first read about it.
I'm not sure how healthy it is to focus on all the bad stuff in this world.

narlacat said:
It did my head in too.
I wished I hadn't happened upon it when I first read about it.
I'm not sure how healthy it is to focus on all the bad stuff in this world.
I am telling you I had to STOP reading all the "True Crime" stuff. I started reading about Ted Bundy and Diane Downs when I was like 13, and I have read MANY books. At night sometimes My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all the tragedies and I cant sleep. Its not healthy but I have always been interested in "Why" and the "Mind" of these people.

michelle said:
I am telling you I had to STOP reading all the "True Crime" stuff. I started reading about Ted Bundy and Diane Downs when I was like 13, and I have read MANY books. At night sometimes My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking of all the tragedies and I cant sleep. Its not healthy but I have always been interested in "Why" and the "Mind" of these people.

There's really no mystery Michelle, people who commit murder are just very unevolved souls and where there is good, there is always bad, it cannot be any other way.

Not sure I've heard of Diane Downs......geez I'm slippin' lol

Hey thanks Michelle :)
I'm not right up on True Crime and don't watch any of those CSI type shows.
I'm not sure what got me interested in the JonBenet case which is how I found WS.
I think maybe my child was 6 at the time....that was one reason.
And I guess I just love kids and once I saw how cute JB was....I had to know what happened to her.

narlacat said:
Hey thanks Michelle :)
I'm not right up on True Crime and don't watch any of those CSI type shows.
I'm not sure what got me interested in the JonBenet case which is how I found WS.
I think maybe my child was 6 at the time....that was one reason.
And I guess I just love kids and once I saw how cute JB was....I had to know what happened to her.
I still need to know about her. I want to know exactly what happened.

michelle said:
You think we ever will? I dont think so.
Nope.
I've resigned myself to the fact that when I die I will find out LOL

Horrible story! Did you see the mug shots of the Melinda girl and the Hope girl from the original link???? They were smiling to beat the band :furious:

Pictures of Shanda:
shandaschoolpicage12.jpg

shandaage2.jpg

shandaage9.jpg

MADISON, Ind. -- The woman who confessed more than a decade ago of being the teenage ringleader in the torture killing of a 12-year-old girl is claiming her lawyers did a poor job and wants her guilty plea thrown out.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14338111/detail.html?rss=ind&psp=news

If they toss this, it's going to be so wrong she is right where she belongs for what she did to that little girl

more info
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/shanda_sharer/1.html
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/shandasharerwebsite/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanda_Sharer

Every inmate in the free world thinks their attorney did a horrible job and want their convictions overturned. That don't mean its going to happen.
:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

I think she is lucky to even have a chance at freedom for what she and her friends did to the poor girl but this is like doing it to her again

All of those girls should be in prison for the rest of their lives! What is wrong with this country that we can't hand out a sentence like that for taking someone's life? Especially when it's as horrific as this was?

ARGH!!

I think she is lucky to even have a chance at freedom for what she and her friends did to the poor girl but this is like doing it to her again
I agree with you al!!!! These monsters should NEVER have a chance to see the light of day. And to think SHE is the reason all of this happened. I have read A LOT about this case as it hits too close to home. I think it is a shame we cant hold them in prison forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back