Indiana inmates bought keys from jailer, raped and assaulted female prisoners

I'm wondering how he paid for the 133 vehicles? I assume he used county funds like he did for nearly everything else. Also, since the $7m in government surplus isn't in the trailers, where is it?

Another issue is where are the auditors? As far as I know, here in Ohio government entities are audited annually including all government property records. Either the state does the audit or they approve the outside accounting firm that does it.
Good question; I'm clueless. I did find this from the IN State Board of Accounts:

Overview​

IC 5-11-1-9 gives the SBOA the responsibility for examining all accounts and all financial affairs of every public office and officer, state office, state institution, and entity receiving public money. The State Examiner in accordance with IC 5-11-1-7 may authorize or designate an Independent Public Accountant (IPA) to perform these examination. If the SBOA engages or authorizes the engagement of a private examiner to perform an examination, the examination and report must comply with the requirements established by our agency as set out in uniform compliance guidelines applicable to the unit type being examined.

Our department continues to perform the examination of the majority of units of government that we are statutorily tasked to perform. However, certain unit types are primarily performed by private examiners. These include: county and city hospitals, housing authorities, charter schools, and non-governmental entities receiving governmental assistance. We retain oversight responsibility for audits performed by private examiners and, therefore, are involved in all stages of the process including the approval of auditor selected, review and approval of the engagement letter, review of draft audit reports, and a quality control review of the final audit report. Once the quality control review has been completed, the report is filed on our website as a public record.

Need to read. I'm just fed up, annoyed, disappointed, etc. JMO

According to a new probable cause affidavit released Friday, lead investigator Lt. Jeffrey Hearon believes Noel used stolen funds from the Utica Township Volunteer Firefighters Association to purchase six classic cars. Previous court documents showed over 100 vehicles were registered to the UTVFA while Noel was in charge of the organization, and many were deemed "inconsistent" with a non-profit fire department or EMS business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnhall
Back