It Can't Happen Here - 2nd Edition - Answers In The Sand

I imagine that was true.

I am simply trying to figure this all out because it does not make sense in terms of what is known about predators. So maybe there will be new info because of his actions.

Anyway, I used to think of him as a scaredy cat, timid kind of guy. But the Kimball bombing and the dragging a horse behind a car changed my mind totally. He is cruel and vicious. Although the bombing was not hands on where he saw the results of his work.The horse was.

It does not fit in my mind that he liked the physical sensations of real boys , but he was able to control himself and make do with images. Hopefully, he will be added to the profiling of Quantico so there is more info on perverts.

I think you've got you're suspects mixed up here. It was Hart who was looked at for the Kimball bomb and arrested for dragging a horse, not Heinrich.

I think you've got you're suspects mixed up here. It was Hart who was looked at for the Kimball bomb and arrested for dragging a horse, not Heinrich.

Aargh. I was thinking that it was funny that Heinrich was in the service too along with Hart.
You got the pants mixed up. I got the pervs mixed up.

So Heinrich can be the scaredy cat after all and withdraws because of the horror of what happened. I can see that.

The intensity of the scrutiny might have been too much. He was pretty out of control at the point when Jacob was abducted, with burglary and arson along with the escalating predatory behavior. Then got another job and, as ELOCsoul points out in his book, the search for Jacob consumed the local community. If he was active, it was most likely somewhere else.

I wonder though--if Jacob's death was either just the abduction gone wrong or a kind of acting under extreme psychological pressure, crossing the line into killing might have changed things. interfered with the pleasures and satisfaction of abduction, which have to be different from those involved with grooming victims and having more long-termed predatory relationships (my vocabulary is failing me here, as "relationship" seems wholly inadequate to describe what goes on between a pedophile and a victim).

Re-read post #253

The intensity of the scrutiny might have been too much. He was pretty out of control at the point when Jacob was abducted, with burglary and arson along with the escalating predatory behavior. Then got another job and, as ELOCsoul points out in his book, the search for Jacob consumed the local community. If he was active, it was most likely somewhere else.

If he is the culprit....he would have had to lay low.....very low....for a very long time.

I wonder though--if Jacob's death was either just the abduction gone wrong or a kind of acting under extreme psychological pressure, crossing the line into killing might have changed things. interfered with the pleasures and satisfaction of abduction, which have to be different from those involved with grooming victims and having more long-termed predatory relationships (my vocabulary is failing me here, as "relationship" seems wholly inadequate to describe what goes on between a pedophile and a victim).
I find it ironic that your first description matches DJH and your second description matches DAH. Ironic in the sense that the former was not involved in violence per se but yet threatened violence and the latter was involved in violence yet refrained-at least regarding predatory behavior.

One of the things I learned reading "It Can't Happen Here" is that profiling a predator like the one who kidnapped Jacob involves interpretation and judgment. Incidents like the "Paynesville Cluster" (I hope I got that right--I don't have the book in front of me) lead to a full abduction. And the next step, it seems, was a kidnap/murder. Then, nothing. Or maybe something(s) somewhere else, for all we know. Maybe the fantasy ended. Or what happened with Jacob was indeed an "unplanned ending" that made the fantasies involved in assault and abduction less compelling. Or perhaps it was just garden variety fear that made maintaining or escalation impossible. Often times, serial offenders seem to stop and news outlets and LE officials speculate that the offender might have died, moved, or been put in prison for "something else". But this case suggests that the phenomena of escalation, as well as continuing with the prior pattern, may be more complex than amateur investigators (not meaning ELOCsoul here) understand from reading news articles.

And I think it likely that LE is looking at what Heinrich has been up to for the past 25 years or so. There may be revelations about him to come.

One of the things I learned reading "It Can't Happen Here" is that profiling a predator like the one who kidnapped Jacob involves interpretation and judgment. Incidents like the "Paynesville Cluster" (I hope I got that right--I don't have the book in front of me) lead to a full abduction. And the next step, it seems, was a kidnap/murder. Then, nothing. Or maybe something(s) somewhere else, for all we know. Maybe the fantasy ended. Or what happened with Jacob was indeed an "unplanned ending" that made the fantasies involved in assault and abduction less compelling. Or perhaps it was just garden variety fear that made maintaining or escalation impossible. Often times, serial offenders seem to stop and news outlets and LE officials speculate that the offender might have died, moved, or been put in prison for "something else". But this case suggests that the phenomena of escalation, as well as continuing with the prior pattern, may be more complex than amateur investigators (not meaning ELOCsoul here) understand from reading news articles.

And I think it likely that LE is looking at what Heinrich has been up to for the past 25 years or so. There may be revelations about him to come.

No worries, I freely acknowledge to being an amateur. :)

What truly amazes me is how he apparently kept this a secret, which is very rare. Or, if he told someone that they either died or kept quiet themselves. With all the attention to the Paynesville cases in the summer and fall of 2014, it blows my mind that his name didn't pop up on the radar at all.

Didn't the LE in Paynesville suggest him?

What truly amazes me is how he apparently kept this a secret, which is very rare. Or, if he told someone that they either died or kept quiet themselves. With all the attention to the Paynesville cases in the summer and fall of 2014, it blows my mind that his name didn't pop up on the radar at all.

I wonder if Hart has more specific knowledge than he let on. But that's just me wondering about the motive for putting LE on Heinrich.

And I only concur if by "amateur" you mean "unpaid." We parse media articles about cases here every day, but you actually thought that tidying what was in the public domain could lead to a solution. And then you did the years of leg work and essentially solved the case. I'm in awe. I wish I could do the same for the three Springfield Missing Women or a girl who disappeared in Pittsburgh back in the early 60s.

Yes, I saw that previous post, cGorg. Thanks.

Sorry....didn't mean to imply that you hadn't seen the post. Merely to echo your echo of ELOC's post and to say that the post, although quite brief, said a lot in an abstract way.

Frank Lloyd Wright maintained his "amateur" status all of his life.....stating that an "expert" is a man who has stopped thinking...since he already knows it all. Nothing wrong with being an amateur....it's your results that count.

It is amazing that DJH was under the radar for so long.

A couple things I've wondered about:

1. After the abduction, if Jacob was taken by vehicle, and if DJH was the abductor....where were the possible places he might have gone? DJH abducted Jerod and then drove him to the countryside. It seems logical he could have done the same thing with Jacob.
2. DJH + DAH......there's a connection here. One has to wonder if they communicated in any form the night of 10-22-1989 or thereafter.

1. After the abduction, if Jacob was taken by vehicle, and if DJH was the abductor....where were the possible places he might have gone? DJH abducted Jerod and then drove him to the countryside. It seems logical he could have done the same thing with Jacob.
2. DJH + DAH......there's a connection here. One has to wonder if they communicated in any form the night of 10-22-1989 or thereafter.

1. Back to Paynesville on the back road? I would say he definitely took a left instead of a right into waite park and saint cloud.

2. No prolly not, Dah was at mud lake that weekend. Did dah have cb radio too?

Regarding point 2, in my novelist imagination, Hart would ask Heinrich if he abducted Jacob. He knew Heinrich was into abduction or he wouldn't have been pointing LE in his direction. So it would seem to me that at some point during the initial furor over the abduction, he would ask, "Was that you?" But that's just me imagining what could have happened...

What I have gleaned from posts is that DH had few friends. A secret like this would probably not be shared casually.

He may not have planned to kill Jacob. It may have started as another grab and assault, and something went wrong. It may have been enough to scare DH from doing it again. Maybe that is when his binder collection started.
My thoughts exactly. Well, one of my strongest " hunches " anyway🙄

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Honestly, I never thought of this until today when a friend mentioned it. If Jacob had been a girl, would things have turned out differently? Would LE have been more motivated to find her?

Honestly, I never thought of this until today when a friend mentioned it. If Jacob had been a girl, would things have turned out differently? Would LE have been more motivated to find her?

You don't think LE did a lot? It is unbelievable what they did, I feel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi
Back