Jason Young to get new trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter tortures her children by depriving them of food and they don't say a word about it. That is, if they refuse to eat their supper, they are not given an alternate meal ... they simply go without. That means that they eat at lunch and they wait until the following morning for breakfast. I have seen it myself that a 2.5 year old can survive this without complaining. Some children are quite okay even when they miss a meal.

The child did not know that her mother was deceased and it's very likely that she wanted to be close to her mother. Christa Worthington's daughter was found huddled with her mother's deceased body.

"Christa Worthington, 46, was found in her home, naked from the waist down, dead of a savage knife wound to the chest.

A neighbor and former boyfriend found her after she'd been dead for as long as a day and a half.

Maria Flook: (reading) "He looked in and saw her laying on the floor, with her baby huddled beside her, and he said the baby looked up and he went and picked her up and discovered that Christa wasn't responsive."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19464233/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/cape-fear/

Not familiar with that case, Otto, did they find who did it?

Not familiar with that case, Otto, did they find who did it?

The boyfriend was the prime suspect for a long time, but eventually it was determined that the garbage collector was the murderer.

I think one thing a 2.5 year-old-child would NOT do is climb up and tuck themselves into Daddy's side of a big bed if Mommy is "asleep" on the floor across the room where she couldn't see her from that vantage point.

This is pure speculation, but I would guess that CY would sleep or at least rest on her father's side of the bed often, especially if he traveled alot and she wanted to be in the same bed as her mother. This may have been purely habit for her to sleep there. I doubt it was so that her father would find her, as others have speculated.

Probably started with SP's behavior and then sometimes you just go with what you feel.
To me , SP, was evil. I do not get that from JY. I get a goofball, I get very inconsiderate about MYs feelings and his marriage, but, I do not get evil. I see a man who was scared that even though he had an alibi, it was not 100% unbreakable and I see a man who should not be in jail today. IMO

So, for SP you believe the most compelling evidence was going with what you feel about him being evil. I think this JY case has about the same CE as SP case. To me JY was evil and I see a man who is exactly where he belongs.
Just like you said last night if we were on the jury there would definitely be another hung jury :)

So, for SP you believe the most compelling evidence was going with what you feel about him being evil. I think this JY case has about the same CE as SP case. To me JY was evil and I see a man who is exactly where he belongs.
Just like you said last night if we were on the jury there would definitely be another hung jury :)

I'll admit that I didn't trust JY when I saw him on the stand. I thought the testimony about the cigar sounded odd. So many things made me go "hmmmm".

The problem is, I cannot get around the evidence. And the evidence says he didn't do it. I hadn't really taken a good look at the evidence when I first saw his testimony. But when I look back at what he said on the stand versus the testimony, I see a rather scummy guy but not a murderer. It's reasonable to think JY isn't the most moral of people, which to many equates with evil. But the challenge is whether he can be proved a murderer. And in this case, I think he cannot.

Police decided that Jason's use of the medicine dropper should be reason for criticism, and we know how much was said about what an irresponsible parent he was for giving diluted adult medicine to a child. This is a good example of the fact that police were going to take everything that Jason said and attempt to use it against him.

But you haven't answered my question, with all due respect.

All I know is that there was trash pickup scheduled for the following morning at Birchleaf.
This rest is pure speculation on my part, but I believe that sometime after Shelly left, MF got the trash together, and thats why we see the trashbags out on the counter.. I know SS bought food so I don't know what was left or if any of the packaging was thrown away. Also, JY cut grass that day, and I am thinking he may have taken the clippings already out and maybe the heavier part of the trash, such as the cans, etc. But, I do not know this as a fact.

MF? Surely you meant MY?

Probably started with SP's behavior and then sometimes you just go with what you feel.
To me , SP, was evil. I do not get that from JY. I get a goofball, I get very inconsiderate about MYs feelings and his marriage, but, I do not get evil. I see a man who was scared that even though he had an alibi, it was not 100% unbreakable and I see a man who should not be in jail today. IMO

SP didn't hide did he? He put himself out there. Passing out flyers. Talking to the media. Ya just can't compare the two. All your assessment is based on what you have read, not what you have seen. Apples to oranges.

SP didn't hide did he? He put himself out there. Passing out flyers. Talking to the media. Ya just can't compare the two. All your assessment is based on what you have read, not what you have seen. Apples to oranges.

The point I was trying to make was both cases SP and JY were based on CE. So do you believe SP should have been found not guilty?

Grammy Jean

My post somehow got mixed up in your quotes. If you are asking me why I think SP is guilty and JY is not, it's because the evidence was so overwhelming and powerful in the SP case and not in JY's case, imo.
SP is right where he belongs, on Death Row, and he can appeal his sentence until the end of time.
JY will soon be getting a new trial, hopefully.

Grammy Jean

My post somehow got mixed up in your quotes. If you are asking me why I think SP is guilty and JY is not, it's because the evidence was so overwhelming and powerful in the SP case and not in JY's case, imo.
SP is right where he belongs, on Death Row, and he can appeal his sentence until the end of time.
JY will soon be getting a new trial, hopefully.

You are right the quotes did somehow get messed up. I just don't see how you can say evidence in SP case was so overwhelming. When I asked what was the most compelling evidence. You said sometimes you have to go with your feeling and you said you felt SP was evil. Well to me both cases are similar in that they are based on CE. So what one piece of evidence other than a feeling convinced you?

Exactly. Two year old children can take socks off, put on and remove pants, turn on the tap, get a washcloth, wash feet (in fact, I learned that many young children are insistent about having clean feet), open and close doors, remove a diaper, and do all sorts of things. If the child woke up at 6 or 7 AM, then she had about five hours to do what she did.

Did we hear about what was found in the garbages at the house? That may contain additional clues. There might be a diaper, perhaps some baby wipes with blood, maybe a wash cloth. Were there no used diapers anywhere in the house, or were there dirty diapers somewhere and the child put her diaper where it should go.

The idea that she washed her own hands and feet doesn't work because there is no blood residue in the sink or tub and no bloody washcloth.

All I know is that there was trash pickup scheduled for the following morning at Birchleaf.
This rest is pure speculation on my part, but I believe that sometime after Shelly left, MY got the trash together, and thats why we see the trashbags out on the counter.. I know SS bought food so I don't know what was left or if any of the packaging was thrown away. Also, JY cut grass that day, and I am thinking he may have taken the clippings already out and maybe the heavier part of the trash, such as the cans, etc. But, I do not know this as a fact.

I don't remember seeing any trash cans at the street and there was an empty large trash can in the garage. I wonder what happened to the trash. Most places have the large plastic containers for trash that everyone uses.

It is my understanding that when the family was able to get into the house after police were done, there was still trash remaining in some of the trash cans - such as diapers.

This is pure speculation, but I would guess that CY would sleep or at least rest on her father's side of the bed often, especially if he traveled alot and she wanted to be in the same bed as her mother. This may have been purely habit for her to sleep there. I doubt it was so that her father would find her, as others have speculated.

Or, maybe she wasn't there at all. We really don't know as there were 3 conflicting reports about how she was found.

But you haven't answered my question, with all due respect.

This would be the reason:

BBM
Interesting to note that he told his mother this. I thought he was to remain mute as ordered by his attorney? When did he tell her this? Don't go searching for links. I don't need them. Just making an observation.

You are right the quotes did somehow get messed up. I just don't see how you can say evidence in SP case was so overwhelming. When I asked what was the most compelling evidence. You said sometimes you have to go with your feeling and you said you felt SP was evil. Well to me both cases are similar in that they are based on CE. So what one piece of evidence other than a feeling convinced you?

Re: the SP case --- I recently read a book written by one of his Defense investigators. He didn't end up being part of the Defense team at trial because I believe the attorneys changed or something like that, but he had some really interesting points and I am not convinced that SP is guilty. I am planning to read the trial transcripts which are available online now. I want to look into the case some more. The things that stuck out to me were the fact that the baby was found separately (as if she had given birth) and that there was some type of container found near where Conner was found and he also had twine tied around his neck that didn't appear to get there by accident the way it was found.

There were some other red flags --- robbery across the street that day and some other things that made me question the verdict.

The author is Matt Dalton.

My daughter tortures her children by depriving them of food and they don't say a word about it. That is, if they refuse to eat their supper, they are not given an alternate meal ... they simply go without. That means that they eat at lunch and they wait until the following morning for breakfast. I have seen it myself that a 2.5 year old can survive this without complaining. Some children are quite okay even when they miss a meal.

The child did not know that her mother was deceased and it's very likely that she wanted to be close to her mother. Christa Worthington's daughter was found huddled with her mother's deceased body.

"Christa Worthington, 46, was found in her home, naked from the waist down, dead of a savage knife wound to the chest.

A neighbor and former boyfriend found her after she'd been dead for as long as a day and a half.

Maria Flook: (reading) "He looked in and saw her laying on the floor, with her baby huddled beside her, and he said the baby looked up and he went and picked her up and discovered that Christa wasn't responsive."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19464233/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/cape-fear/

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Ava Worthington not only was found with her mother's body, she also tried to nurse. It is unknown if she vocalized "complaint." Blake Davis was found alone in his home. He was hungry and looked for food. No evidence whatsoever that CY was ever in the lower level of the house or was in the kitchen searching for food.

CY was not found next to her mother's body. She had not eaten breakfast or lunch. In my own personal experience, a hungry toddler does react to these conditions. The idea that a toddler would go to another area of the room even though her mother's body was right there on the floor, would climb into a bed by herself and go to sleep is pretty preposterous but that's just my opinion.

So is the idea she never touched her mother's bloody corpse with her hands.

JMO

The child was put to bed in her own bed. Her mother was on the floor, not the bed. It's not believable to me that the child put herself in her parent's bed when her mother was on the floor.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member