Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #34 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really surprised when I heard Travis' voice for the first time. His speech was slurred like he had been drinking on the sex tape. He talks like he has a mouthful of marbles. It surprised me as I kind of expected him to have a great speaking voice since he was such a "great motivational speaker". Not with that voice he wasn't, IMO.

He may have taken a sleeping pill. In any case, he didn't really want to talk to her and they were broken up. I'm sure part of why he kept talking to her was because he knew there would be huge drama if he didn't. It's easier just to let them blabber on (I say that from experience). It might sound mean, but relationships with disturbed people can be very tricky :( Of course it's better to get 100% away and have no more talking, but that can make the person go bonkers and cause a lot of problems. Certainly huge drama :(

I think he was confused how to handle that phone call at first, for good reason, probably. If he sounded too attentive and polite or well-spoken, that would encourage her worse than sending obvious signs like he did. She didn't pick up on the signs that he wasn't interested, but they were there.

And he sounded very sleepy :) I'm not discounting those who think he was just tired; I just think he was also sending signals on purpose.

Good grief!

I just got here read 50 pages to learn I haven't missed anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they did mention June 4th, the 1st day of Jodi's testimony.

Nurmi asked her if she killed Travis and she said: YES

Nurmi: Why?

Jodi: Because he attacked me and I defended myself.

Door now opened.

I know you're right, but if they don't get into details of the killing, KN will object as beyond the scope if JM tries to ask her anything about it.

'He just felt like he was trying to reach through the phone and exert control over me.'

Try ... I just felt like I was trying to reach through the phone and exert control over him.

just curious, is there alot of 'i'm sorry' listed in that DV handbook?

... counted 4 in less than 2 hrs, she tends to be increasing those!

Guys,
I just had a worrisome thought. What if the DT never asks JA about June 4. They already have her testimony that she killed him because he "attacked" her, and they have established a "history of abuse." (using these terms lightly) So what if they decide not to open the door to June 4th, knowing that JA will never survive JM's cross, and not wanting to give the jury any more details that would show JA in a (more) unfavorable light.
That's exactly what I suddenly thought! Is it legally possible that the crime itself cannot be addressed on cross? Very worrying.....

If she was shaking, it was in anger, IMO. But there probably was no shaking, just something she picked up on in her DV research. Or beginning of a convenient seizure disorder that makes her black out and forget what she's doing.

Good points! Like a chihuahua? She saw one shake? What did she do to it is my first thought.

Why does Nurmi linger on every sentence Jodi says, instead of letting her answer stand.

It comes off like this--

Nurmi: Do you like apple pie?
Jodi: Yeah, but not everyday. Travis liked it everyday.
Nurmi: What kind of apples do you like?
Jodi: Granny Smith...
Nurmi: How do you feel about Florida oranges?

Seriously. It is mind numbing. All these extraneous details are boring. He has GOT to know this.

Guys,
I just had a worrisome thought. What if the DT never asks JA about June 4. They already have her testimony that she killed him because he "attacked" her, and they have established a "history of abuse." (using these terms lightly) So what if they decide not to open the door to June 4th, knowing that JA will never survive JM's cross, and not wanting to give the jury any more details that would show JA in a (more) unfavorable light.
Worry not - IMO, JA has to go there to support her "self-defense" defense. She has already said that Travis attacked her, opening the can of worms for JM.

Totally o/t, but since were on break..... Joe Jackson. Sounds like Harvey Keitel (sp?). At least the version from the movie better off dead where the Asian boys liked to race Lloyd robber (John cusack) makes me lol every day

but in all fairness---her and Travis were never ever getting back together again...cue Taylor Swift.....:floorlaugh:

OT - did you watch the Grammys? One of the dancers (one of the ones on the stilts) is a young man who danced at the studio with my son, they are good friends.

Just an aside, sorry....very proud of Christian (dancer's name).

Is this a lunch break or a "da dessert lady" break ?

Hey don't say dessert! :blushing: I cannot stay out of the huge thing of brownies (with german chocolate icing) I bought at the store last night. Seriously, almost ate half of them already! :floorlaugh:

That's exactly what I suddenly thought! Is it legally possible that the crime itself cannot be addressed on cross? Very worrying.....

Don't worry! She'll get there rventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be setting up a new thread for this afternoon's session. So be ready to jump over when I come back with a link!

:seeya:
fran

just curious, is there alot of 'i'm sorry' listed in that DV handbook?

... counted 4 in less than 2 hrs, she tends to be increasing those!

goes to the 'submissive' personality she has learned as a victim of DV. SCOFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn