Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #41 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really matter that they had a horrible relationship? She still killed him intentionally. She killed him 3 times - stab to heart, cut throat, shot him. That's still premeditated murder because she had the opportunity to stop and call an ambulance. Relevance factor - zero.

OK really though, why do you think Juan didn't submit the text into eveidence ?

So the defense could shoot itself in the foot. They are not helping the defense case at all. Hopefully, it will open the door to the stalking allegations.

Can someone please tell me, did JA ever explain what she did with the knife and gun?

No. Never. I am curious as to what she'll say when this comes up in court.

As far as why she had them in the first place, my guess is she's going to say she planned on committing suicide in front of Travis if he rejected her when she came to his house that day (and that's why she took her little trip in stealth-mode - so no friend or family would try to stop her or know where she was).

She's laid some foundation for this (imv wholly far-fetched, dumb) explanation by the suicide comment per her, "No jury will convict me" fail - and today's mention of suicide.

There is zero evidence of any suicidal frame of mind or ideation in any of her writings, texts, pre-testimony interviews, interrogation, online posts, letters, etc.

I can't believe the defense has provided basically nothing in their favor - even with the defendant on the stand for now into week 3.

But Nurmi is trying to make normal (but painful, difficult) break-up arguments that happen every day, everywhere since time began - into outrageous signs of Travis being potentially homicidal.

I just hope that the old adage that if something is repeated often enough it becomes true (or something like that)... it would be horrific if the jury becomes so used to Nurmi's insinuations about these mundane arguments that, without thinking, they just absorb it as something it isn't. I think that's one reason he's plodding and plodding along. He wants whatever - to just sink in subconsciously.

Thank goodness for Juan Martinez.

I was wondering, when we get to Juanderland and JM does his is cross, and then Nurmi does his redirect and goes on and on like he is doing on direct, will the jury remember JM cross? Is this all calculated by the defense? My opinion only.

I tried so hard to keep up with the last thread, but I ended up about 15 pages behind. I'm just jumping in here now to get in a word or two.

I do believe that Travis knew Jodi was psycho, let me tell you the ways, but lacked the ability to cut her out of his life. I don't even know if it were possible. His best chance was when she moved back to Yreka. If he had done what Abe had done (unfriend her, not respond to messages, phone calls), I have no doubt he would have died sooner.

Seal is back up on azcentral . . . . . I had to minimize earlier - I was getting dizzy from the videography scanning the room . . . . . started feeling like I had the bed spins and I wanted to grab hold of something solid . . . . it's all good now - just the seal

I feel so protective towards Travis. Such a friendly warm feeling.

Does anybody know how Jodi got to the rental car place? Did she drive there in her own car & leave it there or did someone drop her off? Because maybe the man the rental guy saw but wasn't sure, was really with Jodi & dropped her off. Thanks in advance.

I answered a post about "did anyone figure out what she did w/ gun & knife" in the other thread and it closed before I could post.

here's my loose theory. I live in SLC. Jodi was ar Ryan's house in West Jordan and then apparently left in the middle of the night to head home, she bought gas (in two transactions) at 3:47 am IIRC.

She would have taken I-80 west back to CA. But where she bought gas is nowhere near Ryan's house, nowhere near the route she should have taken. Plus there are no freeway exits where she bought the gas. I think she was driving surface streets in the middle of the night looking for a dumpster to dump her evidence in.

The road the gas station was on would have eventually taken her to I-80, but it's a long way to go to get on the interstate.

JMO

CuckooHead said:
Agree. I think Travis probably spent more time than he cared placating Jodi while trying to figure out how to rid himself of her. Bet she threatened suicide plenty.
Agreed. He said he was tired of her crying, ruining his every day with her soap opera, something to that effect!

Does it really matter that they had a horrible relationship? She still killed him intentionally. She killed him 3 times - stab to heart, cut throat, shot him. That's still premeditated murder because she had the opportunity to stop and call an ambulance. Relevance factor - zero.

Maybe they are hoping the jury will get so tired of this they will acquit here so they wont have to stay for the penalty phase.

You know the defence is just putting the jury right in Travis' shoes .. tired of her drama.

I hope JM explains this to the jury as simply as you have here.

Maybe they are hoping the jury will get so tired of this they will acquit here so they wont have to stay for the penalty phase.

Good strategy .. they may just go LWOP in sympathy for any future judges, lawyers and the supreme court.

:banghead:

Abe is on HLN.... talking about how JA used soooo many people to manipulate Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009