Kaine describes what Terri told him about Kyron’s disappearance

I have an idea that this is her attorney's recommendation. I don't think she has given up but KH is notorious for divorcing and keeping his children with him. IMO KH will stop at nothing to see TH in the street begging if necessary. He would not even entertain the idea of DY gaining custody of Kyron and he will fight with any ammunition necessary to stop K from visiting her mother. I think Ths attorneys are waiting until there is some progress in this case before really hitting back at KH. MOO

Ten months is a long time to go without seeing a child K's age.

What if the case stalls indefinitely, will K be starting kindergarten and TMH still be following her attorney's recommendation? There is no statute of limitations on murder, could be a long wait for any progress to be made.

What if the case stalls indefinitely, will K be starting kindergarten and TMH still be following her attorney's recommendation? There is no statute of limitations on murder, could be a long wait for any progress to be made.

* Yes Knox, I just learned that after Stephanie Condon went missing it was 10 years before her remains were found. It could take time to locate him.

* I also wanted to add to 32beatspersecond's post, saying "and his wording in the documents makes it sound as if they were not living together full time..." and that he was a bit away from the family dynamic".

<modsnip>

xox

I have an idea that this is her attorney's recommendation. I don't think she has given up but KH is notorious for divorcing and keeping his children with him. IMO KH will stop at nothing to see TH in the street begging if necessary. He would not even entertain the idea of DY gaining custody of Kyron and he will fight with any ammunition necessary to stop K from visiting her mother. I think Ths attorneys are waiting until there is some progress in this case before really hitting back at KH. MOO

This is so unfair to KH in my opinion. He's had one divorce and the circumstances about how he retained custody had more to do with DY's health situation than anything else. Not really "notorious" worthy. :cow:

Is this the first confirmation that baby K was indeed having ear infection issues?

Terri deserves some credit here. Exactly when did she have time for this double life between caring for a home, three children, cooking meals, running errands and volunteering. Also during this double life she supposedly was staggering drunk or else passed out on the sofa until midnight. Things Kaine is saying are not adding up. I find him arrogant in his replies at times such as his reply about K not needing to be driven around and acting so much more capable than any mother who has raised kids. They teeth, they cry and you do your best to relax them so you can get some sleep. K is over the teething and likely sleeping all night by now which is why he probably has no sleep worries. If Kyron went one way and Terri went another that day in school then LE needs to focus on who saw Kyron after she left the school. I have always personally thought that this LE had tunnel vision from the start and lost precious time with this investigation into the SM.

The time she had for her double life: probably the same time that she found for drinking with friends, sexting with another man, the gym, facebook, going out in the yard to chat with friends and have conversations she did not want the police to overhear, pretending to go for the "long drive to think about baby K" that was actually a visit to another man's house to have sex (or "talk") --- all during the early days of the police investigation into the abduction and possible murder of her stepson. I wouldn't think she had time or inclination for that, either, and yet she did. Even with only the small amount of evidence we've seen, it's clear she made time for a lot of things besides parenting.

Her own friends admitted she drank and hid it. She texted about getting drunk (bragged about it actually). So it wasn't just Kaine's word. If his story about her drinking doesn't add up, just refer to the other stories of her drinking including her own.

To me Kaine didn't sound like he thought he was more capable of raising kids -he sounded like a father who knew the personality of his child and explained why he felt Terri's story was suspicious. Since others have recorded Terri's lies, and since Terri has admitted (bragged) about her own lies to others, I don't see why it's so strange that the story that has the police suspicious also has her husband suspicious.

LE has documents and diagrams and lists and hours of interviews (and that's just what we know) about who saw Kyron at different points in the morning both before and after Terri left. It not only wasn't ignored - it was one of the main focuses we've heard about in the investigation.

This is my opinion only...but I think that the FBI has already quieted Staton down a notch or two and they are now looking at other possibilities rather than the tunnel vision they have experienced in the past. Children in CPS custody(foster care) go as long as 2-3 years without seeing bio parents. KH makes noise about K not missing her mother but I really think it is because she is never spoken of in the home. This is a disservice to a child of an older age as this child will start wondering about her other bio parent. K will reach a certain age and KHs plan will backfire on him at some time. Before this happens I believe custody will be restored.MOO

B&RBM :

Respectfully, I disagree.

snipped from : http://www.katu.com/news/local/122554994.html

BBM:

"My basic understanding is they got here at some point. They did some rounds and I think it was just Terri, Kyron and Kiara that went around on their own – doing some visits to the different rooms and looking at the projects," he says. "I do believe, based on what I understand, I think that she did leave early before the science fair touring part of it was over."

Kaine clearly says "I think" ... in my opinion, this is NOT confirmation when someone says "I think", and from what I have read, I have NEVER heard a confirmation from LE that the baby was with TH and Kyron INSIDE the school, and, I have NEVER heard it confirmed by anyone else.

It is "my opinion", and I have always "speculated", that baby K was NOT in that school the morning of the science fair. And -- I have always wondered if she did have the baby with her -- who was 18 months at the time -- did she have the toddler in a BABY STROLLER ?

If there is confirmation of the baby AND the baby stroller, from LE, then I will believe it ... and it will also support one of "my theories".

:cow::cow::cow:

That's an interesting point. My own opinion is that with all the interviews of who was where, when, for how long, etc., there should have been numerous reports of baby K with Terri (especially the teacher they chatted with who heard/misheard Kyron's doctor appointment info) --- so Kaine shouldn't be fuzzy on that fact - that should be pretty much rock solid info for him at this point. Baby K can't wander on her own, so if she was there she was with Terri and if someone knew Terri was there they would also have seen baby K. We can't know, but that's my thought on it....

I kind of thought Kaine meant he thought it was ONLY them - meaning no one else was with them consistently as they toured around. Since LE has speculated (or we have, lol) about an accomplice, I took his statement to mean he didn't think the maybe-accomplice was someone walking around with them. ??? Just IMO.

Certainly hope he fights to stop K from visiting her mother, considering he believes her mother is a child killer. What kind of parent would willingly turn their child over to someone they believe to be a murderer?

Also - Kaine is "notorious"? He's only been divorced once, and his ex-wife voluntarily left Kyron in his care for medical reasons. Doesn't sound "notorious" to me.

Thread is getting off topic turning into a general discussion thread. This thread topic is about the interview that Kaine gave.

Certainly hope he fights to stop K from visiting her mother, considering he believes her mother is a child killer. What kind of parent would willingly turn their child over to someone they believe to be a murderer?

Also - Kaine is "notorious"? He's only been divorced once, and his ex-wife voluntarily left Kyron in his care for medical reasons. Doesn't sound "notorious" to me.

considering he believes her mother is a child killer...Just because KH considers this does not make the facts so. There is a matter of proof of which he has none or else the person 'HE' considers to be a child killer would be in prison. MOO

That's an interesting point. My own opinion is that with all the interviews of who was where, when, for how long, etc., there should have been numerous reports of baby K with Terri (especially the teacher they chatted with who heard/misheard Kyron's doctor appointment info) --- so Kaine shouldn't be fuzzy on that fact - that should be pretty much rock solid info for him at this point. Baby K can't wander on her own, so if she was there she was with Terri and if someone knew Terri was there they would also have seen baby K. We can't know, but that's my thought on it....

I kind of thought Kaine meant he thought it was ONLY them - meaning no one else was with them consistently as they toured around. Since LE has speculated (or we have, lol) about an accomplice, I took his statement to mean he didn't think the maybe-accomplice was someone walking around with them. ??? Just IMO.

BBM: I agree that KH should not be "fuzzy" on that fact -- but -- I re-read that part of his statement a few times to make sure I got it correct ... and in his statement he clearly states "I think it was just" ...

The word "think" and "just" are significant words in his statement, so I was wondering if he was just being "cautious" about that particular detail -- because in "my opinion" that particular detail is significant beause we do not know if there was anyone else with TH and Kyron when they toured the science fair, and that includes the baby.

And I also took his statement to mean he did not think anyone from the school -- or possible accomplice -- was walking with them.

I just wish LE would share that one little detail with us ... Kaine's statement still has not verified it for me.

Prayers that Kyron will be found SOON !

The story finally confirms that Baby K was inside the school at the time of the science fair. It also confirms that there was not a doctor's appointment for Kyron. It does seal this for me .... TH uses the circumstances of the moment to her advantage (Kyron's spaciness, Baby K's ear infection and the environment at the school). All of these factors created a PERFECT OPPORTUNITY for TH and a PERFECT STORM for Kyron.

Leaving my porch light on for you tonight Kyron.

I'm confused when Kaine says there was no doctors appt does he mean there was no doctors appt on June 4 which the teacher thought she heard Terri mention or is he referring the doctors appt that Terri said she had made for June 11 the appt that she had supposedly given Ms Porter forms to fill out for. Or is he referring to both doctor appts. I wish that reporters would ask more specific questions.

This is my opinion only...but I think that the FBI has already quieted Staton down a notch or two and they are now looking at other possibilities rather than the tunnel vision they have experienced in the past. Children in CPS custody(foster care) go as long as 2-3 years without seeing bio parents. KH makes noise about K not missing her mother but I really think it is because she is never spoken of in the home. This is a disservice to a child of an older age as this child will start wondering about her other bio parent. K will reach a certain age and KHs plan will backfire on him at some time. Before this happens I believe custody will be restored.MOO

Regardless of children who don't see their parents for years, ten months is 1/3 of her life- without her mother.

And I must say, I have worked in child welfare or related areas for 9 years, and it is highly rare for a child to not see their parent for years and for that parent to retain their parental rights. A major stretch.

And it's important to remember that there are many other details involved. We don't know who she will blame, because children of varying developmental levels will believe/assume different things as they are in different stages in life. A 12 year old girl may completely resent KH for "keeping" her from her mom, no matter what her mom did. An 18 year old well adjusted female may kiss his feet for keeping her safe. MOO.

I also believe that it's unfair to state that KH is notorious for divorcing women and keeping the children. My understanding is that it has only been Kyron.

There are a lot of unknowns in this case- but I do commend any parent who goes to lengths to keep their child safe. KH would have been negligent not to. I'll be the first to admit, however, that all of the above info is based on my experience and knowledge, which has it's very own narrow scope. I hope to be proven otherwise and I hope for the very best in this case for everyone. Including Terri, I hope that she didn't do anything to hurt Kyron. While not just for Kyron, also for her.

Forever is a long time to live with a murder.

Whoops, sorry GrandmaJ, I believe that my previous post qualifies for not following topic. I will resume topic only conversation.

Kaine attributed the staring spells to sleep deprivation. In the weeks leading up to Kyron's disappearance, the baby – K – had been dealing with an ear infection. He says her crying at night was keeping the whole family up, especially Kyron, whose room is right across the hall.

Kaine says he’s never had to do that.

"I don't need to drive her around to put her to sleep or to get her to stop crying or anything else. I have not needed to do that once. I have yet to need to do that is about all that I can say," he says.

This is just one example, of many, from everyone involved with this case that just make me think we are not getting the big picture. Something is amiss with this case, just my own opinion.

BBM: I agree that KH should not be "fuzzy" on that fact -- but -- I re-read that part of his statement a few times to make sure I got it correct ... and in his statement he clearly states "I think it was just" ...

The word "think" and "just" are significant words in his statement, so I was wondering if he was just being "cautious" about that particular detail -- because in "my opinion" that particular detail is significant beause we do not know if there was anyone else with TH and Kyron when they toured the science fair, and that includes the baby.

And I also took his statement to mean he did not think anyone from the school -- or possible accomplice -- was walking with them.

I just wish LE would share that one little detail with us ... Kaine's statement still has not verified it for me.

Prayers that Kyron will be found SOON !

Yeah, I agree. I think we're saying the same thing but the way I phrased it was awkward. I don't think Kaine IS fuzzy about baby K's presence - I meant we can assume he knows, so when he said he believes (among other things) that baby K was there, she was there. He was uncertain about anyone besides the 3 of them touring.

As far as his take on the long car ride, my guess is he's seen so much other suspicious behavior and evidence that whether or not baby K might have been soothed by a long car ride is irrelevant to him as he's already convinced that the car ride was NOT innocent and was NOT to soothe the baby.

I'm confused when Kaine says there was no doctors appt does he mean there was no doctors appt on June 4 which the teacher thought she heard Terri mention or is he referring the doctors appt that Terri said she had made for June 11 the appt that she had supposedly given Ms Porter forms to fill out for. Or is he referring to both doctor appts. I wish that reporters would ask more specific questions.

I think they never found any doctor's appointment for either day. So probably Terri lied, end of story. JMOO :cow:

Just because the teacher believed it and filled out a form means nothing. Terri said the teacher was mistaken anyway, so Kaine is saying not to blame the teacher. JMOO :twocents:

There is nothing in this article or tape talking about custody issues. Please stop taking the thread OT with custody discussion. Take that discussion to the appropriate threads.

Second warning!

<snip> from article.. my comments/questions in bold
I put the section of the article in order below just as it was printed..

----
Kaine attributed the staring spells to sleep deprivation. In the weeks leading up to Kyron's disappearance, the baby &#8211; Kiara &#8211; had been dealing with an ear infection. He says her crying at night was keeping the whole family up, especially Kyron, whose room is right across the hall.
<this seems to be information reporter got directly from Kaine?>

The infection plays a key role in what Terri claims she did after the science fair. Surveillance video shows she visited two different Fred Meyer stores to get medication for Kiara.
<DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT SOURCE REPORTER IS QUOTING ON THIS? KAINE, ANOTHER SOURCE, LE, OR..?>

Then she says she spent roughly an hour and a half driving the back roads of Northwest Multnomah County to soothe her daughter as the medications kicked in.
<DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT SOURCE REPORTER IS QUOTING ON THIS? KAINE, ANOTHER SOURCE, LE, OR..?>

Kaine says he&#8217;s never had to do that.
<this seems to be information reporter got directly from Kaine?>

This is the first time I have ever seen any media print/say that TH visited two different FM stores and stating it was determined via video surveillance.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/122554994.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back