KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

New here but have info on the real reason BTK made contact with the WPD after all those years. Not sure if I should post here or on a new thread? I will post on here sorry but this is the first thing that came up in the BTK search. I know why Raider made contact with the WPD, he had contact with the witness that saw him and scared him off all those years ago. Made him leave the house on the West side of Wichita all those years ago. He knew him as soon as their eyes meet that day at work. Shortly after that BTK started making contact with the WPD, if you could of seen the way he locked onto the witness at work that day like I did you would of thought if he could have he would of killed him right then there on the spot.

They both knew who each other were my friend told me about scaring off the intruder from his house and how his family thought that it was BTK. They gave a report to the WPD, and how they were completely blown off by investigators. He also gave me several other bombshells, like how he had seen Raider at the former Wichita Public Library extension in the old Westlink mall. It was closed years ago when the new library was built stalking one of the Women he BTK killed. He talked about cords from blinds that were left out to dry disappearing from the church behind the same library and talking to someone in the police telling them that a man matching Raiders description was seen by the children stealing them? Again blown off by the police as if they didn't want to find this guy or take what was being said by the witness as real.

Finally me and my friend both have tried contacting the FBI, KBI, WPD, several crime investigators about what my friend knows about the case and no one will even bother to return a call or a simple email. They could of stopped BTK/Raider all those years ago, my friend the witness doesn't want to become famous but does want to know why no one bothered to do any follow up or care? Raider came to his house and was going to murder him and his family that day he was scared off due to him and the number of loaded guns in the house. He picked the wrong house to talk his way into that day he would of never left it alive that day if he would of tried anything. I am holding back the details of what happened that day until my friend tells me that he is cool with my posting the story of what went on in the house on West Wichita, and at the Wichita Public Extension Library.

This is not the only serial killer he has come into contact with over his life so he wants to keep his privacy. He knows that there are some that follow BTK are not the right kind of fans. Also feels like there are issues with the investigation by the Police dropping the ball in a big way. Lets call it the witness that is inconvenient to the WPD others. I left out a lot of facts and info to this to give people a chance to ask questions about what happened and if someone wants to know what really happened the day BTK came to kill my friends family, his connection to them, the stalking, my friend leaving town and then coming into contact with Raider all those years latter.

Maybe people don't care now that BTK is in prison, but this could've been taken care of a lot sooner if someone would of taken some time to listen. They still don't have all the fact, then again people don't seem to care about things like that, they seem to get in the way of things phony heroes and egos, lies about shoulda, woulda, couldas, by the WPD, others. Feel free to ask any questions this is not the only one I will be commenting on. I have info on some of the others I have been investigating. Missing persons, and happy to help is I am able so are my friends if we can. Again new to the site so sorry if I should of started a new string for the new BTK info to get people interested. CP

This is fascinating, if true. Is CloudProud still around?

He was one of this country's most notorious serial killers, tying up, torturing, and murdering 10 people in the city of Wichita from 1974 until he was arrested in 2004.

And now it has been revealed that Dennis Rader, who dubbed himself the BTK killer for his method of 'bind, torture, kill', had planned an 11th killing but was caught before he could carry it out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-door-fled-street-crew-turned-outside.html

What a horrifying individual.

He was one of this country's most notorious serial killers, tying up, torturing, and murdering 10 people in the city of Wichita from 1974 until he was arrested in 2004.

And now it has been revealed that Dennis Rader, who dubbed himself the BTK killer for his method of 'bind, torture, kill', had planned an 11th killing but was caught before he could carry it out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-door-fled-street-crew-turned-outside.html

What a horrifying individual.

Is it just me, or do victims 5 - 10 all share a similar look despite their age disparity?

It's difficult I don't like the fact he is enjoying the attention but at least it may help FBI profilers get a better understanding of how individuals like Rader think. I'm glad the profits of the book are going into a trust for the victims families rather than to Rader or the author. I didn't know much about BTK apart from the name before today but if anybody symbolises evil its him. He is rare in that he murdered people of all ages and gender.

Looks like another of those books that will make me sleep with the lights on. ;-)

Rader really was an exception in the league of serial killers. In a way, he was like the Green River killer - stayed local, went for long periods of time w/o killing anyone, etc. Most serial killers are sociopaths, control freaks, narcissists, but Rader took the narcissism up a notch. He just had to let the police know he was still out there and it ended up being his undoing.

ETA: These articles remind me, again, that I'm too friendly and trusting of workers/repairmen, etc. who show up to my home. I always do stuff like invite them in, give them water or coffee, etc. I need to remember to ask for ID's and keep them outside. I feel badly, though. Some workers look like they don't earn much money. The guys who came to work on my chimney and fireplace looked practically homeless. I wish these businesses would pay their workers better. If I'm paying $350 to have my chimney cleaned, I know the business owner can afford good wages for the guy doing the work.

I just finished reading the new book. It's very very....... detailed. I had to stop reading several times during his descriptions of bondage and the killings. I rolled my eyes a lot, too. He thinks he is super smart when in reality, he is super dumb. I was one that just couldn't believe that his wife had no clue about what he was doing, but after reading this I changed my mind.

I am local to this so I have heard a lot about the case yet I found out a few new details I hadn't known.

I just finished reading the new book. It's very very....... detailed. I had to stop reading several times during his descriptions of bondage and the killings. I rolled my eyes a lot, too. He thinks he is super smart when in reality, he is super dumb. I was one that just couldn't believe that his wife had no clue about what he was doing, but after reading this I changed my mind.

I am local to this so I have heard a lot about the case yet I found out a few new details I hadn't known.
Thanks Shelby, and btw hello!

You are brave I think I would have even more trouble sleeping at night if I read it he really is evil and extremely mentally disturbed.

is there any chance that he murdered more than 10 people

I really don't think so, he likes to brag too much about the murders he committed so I think he would have told police if he had killed anymore than 10 people.

Extremely unlikely. If I recall correctly there were mementos and other evidence in his possession from all the murders he was linked to, and the timeline for his comings and goings is fairly clear cut, as far as these things go. His MO and personality has been mapped out to a degree that anything even remotely match from the area would have been noticed by now; and also the sequence of events that eventually lead to his capture got its start from him reactivating, so there's nothing that would lead one to believe that there's more victims out there.

While about as schlocky as they come with its ham handed juxtaposition of the bad Rader and the good boy scout cop Landwehr, Roy Wenzl's book is a fun read. Even though it's about as subtle as a blow to the head and certainly no In Cold Blood, it has a such a heart under it that I can't hate lol. At about 200 pages, it gives one a good dl on the case.

BTK serial killer planning his own ‘kick-the-bucket scenario’

The BTK serial killer, who planned the deaths of 10 victims, is planning for his own death now.

Dennis Rader, 72, had a recent cancer scare.

“I had two relatives died of colon cancer and I was sure it had found me,” Rader wrote The Wichita Eagle last week, from the El Dorado Correctional Facility. He’s serving time there for 10 counts of first-degree murder. The Kansas Department of Corrections lists his earliest possible release date as the year 2180 – 163 years from now.

http://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article154275709.html

more at link ^

Regarding Rader's contention that his wife knew he was killing people: It will be interesting to see how his daughter's book handles that allegation. He had, on their property a shed that absolutely no one was allowed into--wonder how many people, as kids, would have found a way into that shed anyway?

Rader wasn't particularly smart; but he was beyond ordinary, except, of course, for his secrets, his bondage play and his murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back