GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court is back on now. The defense is doing something. I was watching the Shawn Hornbeck 48 hour program and I realized I had two things streaming and that court was back. I am not sure if the jury is in the room now though.

What's the point of the video of the house burning?

What's the point of the video of the house burning?

I would assume defense is trying to show that with the accelerant used that Mr. Seacat could not have set it, that Vashti must have set it. Other than that I have no idea.

It looks so scarey and there was a lot of accelerant used in that fire, I am surprised that the fireman could save any of the house.

Is that Mr. Seacat's voice in the one video of the fire? He sounds excited and not so worried.

Well this one is interesting. Mr. Seacat is talking on the police video. The policeman keeps calling him Brett. He tells Mr. Seacat to get the kids out of there. You cannot see the fire though. The camera angle is wrong, you can see the light but not the fire.

The judge said this was off the record. So not sure what the court is doing. Maybe seeing if defense can show these to the jury?

The police dash cam tape will convict this guy. Not sure why the DT would want to play it.

As for the neighbor fire video....I'm not sure how this is supposed to help Seacat.

The camera in court is showing Mr. Seacat and he was just talking away to his attorneys. He must think something in these videos will help him. The voices on the video are hard to hear. To top it off I am in a tin roofed shop and it is raining. Are any of the voices recorded helpful to the defense?

Court is in recess until 1:15 Kansas time (central). Defense has concluded the publishing of the videos they wanted. As far as I can tell there was no denied or allowed, so are they allowed before the jury?

Did you all hear the one cop call it in frm outside as a suicide?.. Shocking, had only his wrd to go on too....I mean Bret's, like w drew....they just took his word as fact! Amazing. I mean as house is burning frm outside a cop calls it n as a suicide. Absurd.

Did you all hear the one cop call it in frm outside as a suicide?.. Shocking, had only his wrd to go on too....I mean Bret's, like w drew....they just took his word as fact! Amazing. I mean as house is burning frm outside a cop calls it n as a suicide. Absurd.

Totally agree! And when the concerned neighbors show up to help, he was very stern with them, which is fine but with Brett it was like buddies and just took his word for what was going on.... Common sense to me...who sets a fire with the family inside sleeping and then shoots their self? Like you said...Absurd!

A co-worker who declined to have audio or video recorded said Vashti told her about another specific threat made by Brett “that he would kill her, burn the house down and make it appear as though she did it.”

Another co-worker, who was also there when she discussed this threat, went on to elaborate: “He said that he could get away with it because he was in law enforcement and he knew about those things and that firemen were, I forget the word, but basically idiots. Morons is what he was eluding to.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/03/brett-seacat-vashti-cop-dreams-kill-wife

I don't know how a family member of the defendant trumps the marriage counselor when it comes diagnosing depression. She was upset because she had to fire a lot of her friends.

Coming in late to this trial. What was on Brett's feet that the brother mentioned?
He said it was like a wide plastic on the bottom of Brett's feet.

His brother had grown close to Vashti. Robert said he was growing closer to his own brother because of Vashti.

Wild About Trial@WildAboutTrial
Robert said on Easter hwkeekend there was no indication of marital problems with Vashti and Brett #Seacat
http://wildabouttrial.com/brett-seacat-live-stream.html

I have no sound right now. How about anyone else?

TY

Nevermind: Must be a witness that doesn't want to be seen or heard.

TY

Me either, no sound. I lost internet for a while after lunch and now I have a picture but no sound. I wonder what is going on?

I bet it's another witness who doesn't want to be on picture or sound. It looks like defense is up and moving but the picture is only showing Mr. Seacat or the evidence pile.

TY

Yep, no sound right now. :dunno:

http://wildabouttrial.com/brett-seacat-live-stream.html

I am assuming this witness want's to be all covert and sound will return when he is off the stand? #Seacat

6m
Courtroom is full of boxes of things, looks like a grade school science fair up in there. #Seacat

only came across this the other day and i told myself no more trials til ms arias is on her way to death row but here we are.

he gives me the willys,so defiant in the interrogation tapes.

i worry for those poor babies,what will they do without their mother and knowing their father killed her :cry:

Me either, no sound. I lost internet for a while after lunch and now I have a picture but no sound. I wonder what is going on?

I bet it's another witness who doesn't want to be on picture or sound. It looks like defense is up and moving but the picture is only showing Mr. Seacat or the evidence pile.

I lost my connection this afternoon also. lol But I too have no sound, likely as WAT postulated, a covert witness.

Sorry, just joining this discussion and trial now but, can anyone tell me if the two boys were still in the home when the defendant called 911?

Coming in late also. Just on the basis of the 911 call and the weird note, this guys is a piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member