GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just joining this discussion and trial now but, can anyone tell me if the two boys were still in the home when the defendant called 911?

THe police dash cam that was shown by defense this morning showed Mr. Seacat and the two boys out of the house waiting. I would assume the boys were with him wherever he was when he called 911.

New to this one too but I'm keeping on an eye on it.

He's guilty as sin.

Yes the boys were still in the home when the fire broke out. Brett tried to get his wife first he said, then he removed the boys.

Brett has seemed nervous since the defense started their case!

THe police dash cam that was shown by defense this morning showed Mr. Seacat and the two boys out of the house waiting. I would assume the boys were with him wherever he was when he called 911.

Thanks Thundar. I was watching HLN last night either JVM or NG and I thought it showed film footage of the defendant standing outside the home alone. Maybe a friend or neighbor took the two boys away.

Thanks Thundar. I was watching HLN last night either JVM or NG and I thought it showed film footage of the defendant standing outside the home alone. Maybe a friend or neighbor took the two boys away.

The officer told "Brett" to take the boys away from the fire, Mr. Seacat loaded the boys up and supposedly took them to his parents home. I don't know for sure if he came back to the house after that or not while it was still burning.

I do, however, worry about the seemingly lack of physical evidence. We just had a hung jury in the Raven Abaroa trial, with circumstancial evidence, plenty of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Coming in late also. Just on the basis of the 911 call and the weird note, this guys is a piece of work.

I am trying not to convict the guy based on my perceptions of him as a person but he reeks of arrogance and I heard gasoline (hehehe).

Has anyone here ever heard of a suicide with the gun being found under the victim's body?

Has Seacat explained that?

Also if I entered a room that was engulfed in flames the last thing I'd do is check for life/a pulse. I'd grab the person and haul a$$ out of there.

This morning they showed the dash cam from the police officers car and Brett was outside with the 2 boys. He told the officer that his wife *advertiser censored**ing shot herself. The officer told Brett to take the 2 boys and get out of there.

I do, however, worry about the seemingly lack of physical evidence. We just had a hung jury in the Raven Abaroa trial, with circumstancial evidence, plenty of it. I hope I'm wrong.

It will come down to if the jury finds Mr. Seacat believable or if there is too much doubt about how this all happened. The witnesses for the prosection were good, the friend of Vashti and the marriage councelor. It will be interesting to see if the defendant testifies or not. Wanna place bets on it?

I am trying not to convict the guy based on my perceptions of him as a person but he reeks of arrogance and I heard gasoline (hehehe).

Has anyone here ever heard of a suicide with the gun being found under the victim's body?

Also if I entered a room that was engulfed in flames the last thing I'd do is check for life/a pulse. I'd grab the person and haul a$$ out of there.

Absolutely. I think that is key. Your spouse is there, and you can grab her and haul her out, your freaking do it. THEN you figure out if she has a pulse.

BBM I think this is why he had to come up with the story about trying to lift her off the bed and drag her out of the house. It covers up how she was laying on the bed. I think he thought the entire house would be gone, but the fire department saved enough to show how she was found on the bed.

This morning they showed the dash cam from the police officers car and Brett was outside with the 2 boys. He told the officer that his wife *advertiser censored**ing shot herself. The officer told Brett to take the 2 boys and get out of there.

Wow! Is that how you share with your kids that their mommy is dead? I wonder if he didn't consider leaving the two children in the house too....

lol! There was just a hand written note that appeared in front of the camera in the courtroom. It said, "no audio, no video, will try to shoot screen if I can." I could not read it the first time it appeared, but there it was again.

Private Investigator for the Defense is up on stand, HLN is saying, but no sound allowed. Three vials were found that have something to do with Vashti taking something for depression, according to HLN.

Brett is probably going to have to take the stand.

Court is in session but the visual is on the defendant and the sound is off. Are witnesses so afraid of speaking up on the defendant's behalf that they want anonymity? It makes it hard to follow... I almost wish JA was back on the stand for another 18 days...(no I don't)

Wow! Is that how you share with your kids that their mommy is dead? I wonder if he didn't consider leaving the two children in the house too....

The marriage counselor testified that Mr. Seacat called her the Saturday after the fire and wanted advice on how to tell the boys that their mother had committed suicide. WTF! They were 2 and 4 years old and he was going to tell them about suicide? Talk about those little boys needing therapy for the rest of their lives.

If she committed suicide (which I don't believe), why did she start the house on fire? If she wanted to kill herself AND the kids, why not just shoot them too? The fire makes no sense.

If she committed suicide (which I don't believe), why did she start the house on fire? If she wanted to kill herself AND the kids, why not just shoot them too? The fire makes no sense.

Makes no sense to me either. IF she was suicidal, the anger would have directed towards herself, not her children or her possessions. Then again I am not a psychiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500