Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

This is most excellent news.

I’m dying to know if there is a connection between Lawson and the Houck’s.
Definitely. I don't recall hearing his name mentioned before and the charges are not first degree murder but conspiracy to commit murder and tampering. Sounds like an accomplice.

Last edited:
He has a long list of criminal charges since 2015

Here is a history of his charges:
  • Domestic violence summons (05/18/2015)
  • Serving warrant for another state (08/12/2017)
  • Receiving stolen property (01/04/2018)
  • Possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) (06/11/2018)
  • Fugitive warrant from another state (01/10/2018)
  • Possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), probation violation (07/18/2018)
  • Fourth-degree assault, first-degree strangulation, second-degree facilitation to strangulation, unlawful imprisonment (07/17/2020)
  • Burglary, mischief (08/13/2021)
  • Theft by deception (cold checks), non payment of court costs, probation violation (01/14/2020)
  • First and second-degree criminal mischief, burglary, first-degree criminal trespassing, persistent felony offender, probation violation pay restitution (01/19/2022)
  • Persistent felony offender (04/12/2023)

Last edited:
Found a link to Kentucky court site & input Nelson County with his name & that popped up.
Can not see his case though - just what I posted.
I'm confused because the reporter in the above linked WHAS video said the charges are federal.

ETA after watching another WHAS video imo that cannot be accurate because they showed a clip of his arraignment (from a hospital bed) and there are no cameras allowed in federal court proceedings but there is in KY.

He was indicted in June, arrested in August and arraigned in Sept.

Last edited:
The latest search took place in October when FBI officials searched a farm belonging to the Houck family. The search lasted multiple days and evidence was collected, the FBI said.

Brooks Houck, Rogers’ boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, is believed to be the last person who saw her. Law enforcement named him a suspect early in the case, but he has never been charged with anything in connection to Rogers’ disappearance.

Authorities previously searched the Houck farm before in August 2020. Local law enforcement also searched the property two months after Rogers was reported missing.

In addition to an investigation into Rogers’ disappearance, the FBI is also investigating the death of Rogers’ father, Tommy Ballard. Ballard was shot and killed by an unknown subject while hunting with his grandson in 2016, according to law enforcement.

He had been trying to get answers regarding his daughter’s disappearance and created “Team Crystal,” a group of community members dedicated to finding his daughter, according to the FBI.

Till Ballard, Tommy Ballard’s father, told the Herald-Leader Friday he hopes this arrest provides breakthroughs in both cases.

The Facebook page for Team Crystal posted to social media asking people to pray for the Ballards and thanking people for their support.

Where was Lawson when Crystal's father was shot?
IDK but a meth head wouldn’t be dependable for a shooting in the dark IMO I still think Nick and/or Brooks are responsible for Tommy’s death. This Lawson guy looks good for the Netherland murders to me too. He has an extensive history of extreme violence. Curious as to whether Lawson or his father ever owned or had access to a black Impala. Awesome and much needed good news for the Ballard family. I am holding out hope that this arrest leads to info on the other murders.

Lawson was indicted on the conspiracy charge July 24, but the case was sealed, according to court records. He was first scheduled to be arraigned in August but was in the hospital, according to the records. He was still in the hospital during his arraignment Thursday.

He was charged in a sealed indictment for tampering June 21. His bond in the tampering case is $50,000 cash.
snipped from the article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back