Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

“We thought they’re going to figure it out,” Bardstown resident Nikki Downs said. “Then it’s like one year went by, two years. Every year you know you’re like, are you kidding me? Like they still don’t know what happened to this poor girl?”

Bardstown is small enough that if someone did not personally know Crystal Rogers or her family, there is a good chance they know someone who did. For that reason, the investigation into her disappearance has been a difficult and emotional journey for this entire community.

”I think about justice, somebody paying for what they’ve done to her and her family,” Downs said. “It’s just went on for way too long.”

”I can’t imagine having a child missing and not knowing, 100% sure what happened to her,” Bardstown resident Julie Wagner said. “As a parent, I sympathize with Ms. Ballard.”

When asked what she would say to Ballard, Bardstown resident Libbey Biven said, “Sherry, I hope that they do find whoever has killed Crystal and your husband, Tommy, and we all love you. We truly love you.”

”They were down here two or three days at a time,” Philip Smith said. “Digging up driveways, doing their sonar doing everything else. Kudos to the law enforcement team.”

In a city that has become accustomed to waiting, there are new questions and suspicions about what might happen next.

How great is this day! The disappearance of Crystal is a complicated, complex case. So much sorrow before reaching this spot but we'll take slow justice over no justice everyday.

Well done, Investigators.

Updated OCT 2022 article w Sherry in video

Rogers, a 35-year-old mother of five children, was reported missing on July 3, 2015, from Bardstown. Her car was found abandoned on the Bluegrass Parkway with her keys, phone and purse still inside. Rogers was not known to go anywhere without her kids, according to the FBI. Sherry Ballard said her daughter's children are now 22, 21, 19, 17 and 9.
Here's what we know about missing Kentucky mom Crystal Rogers and the FBI investigation

Just saw a clip on wkyt here in Lexington's local news. The link is up thread @Emi . The lawyers indicated there was more information to come. The last interview with CR's mother, IMO from Sherry Ballard's praise for the FBI agents and her demeanor they know CR is deceased. Prior to that I believe she had hope Now they are building a case to get to the bottom of it. I hope this guy knows where the body is so the community can have closure. Many folks in this area believe the other murders are connected. Perhaps that is what makes the case complicated. MOO.

Lawson's name may sound unfamiliar, but this isn't the first time we've heard the name come up in this investigation.

Steve Lawson was mentioned in one of the very first police interviews between Nelson County Detective Jon Snow and the main suspect in Rogers' disappearance, Brooks Houck.

The interrogation took place inside the Nelson County Sheriff's Department. The detective had asked who was on the other end of the line, during a late-night phone call, on the night Rogers disappeared.

*Snow: Who's Steve Lawson?

*Houck: Steve Lawson works for me

*❤️
*❤️

Lawson's name may sound unfamiliar, but this isn't the first time we've heard the name come up in this investigation.

Steve Lawson was mentioned in one of the very first police interviews between Nelson County Detective Jon Snow and the main suspect in Rogers' disappearance, Brooks Houck.

The interrogation took place inside the Nelson County Sheriff's Department. The detective had asked who was on the other end of the line, during a late-night phone call, on the night Rogers disappeared.

*❤️
*❤️
Video from your link

So happy to hear of the FIRST arrest:

<snipped>

According to the indictment, on July 3, 2015 or July 4, 2015, "the above-named Defendant Joseph L. Lawson 32, committed the offense of Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Murder, when, with the intention of promoting or facilitating the crime, when he agreed to aid one or more persons in the planning or commission of the crime or an attempt or solicitation to commit the crime, when he, and/or a co-conspirator, intentionally caused the death of another,” NBC News reported.

Lawson had a plea of not guilty entered on his behalf by the court and his bond was set at $500,000 cash.

<snipped> Wow, here's where the break came from:

The trail went cold for years until the FBI took over the case in 2020 and issued search warrants on multiple properties, reportedly connected to BH and NH. A break in the case came in 2021 after the FBI collected several items of interest following an excavation with cadaver dogsin a subdivision built by Brooks’ construction company. A reward of up to $25,000 was announced the next day, and the FBI rushed the evidence to their laboratory in Quantico, Virginia.

After Eight Years, an Arrest is Made in the Haunting Disappearance of Crystal Rogers

In a significant break in the eight-year investigation into the disappearance of Bardstown mom Crystal Rogers, a Nelson County man has been arrested in connection to the case.

While the Federal Bureau of Investigation declined to comment early Friday morning on the recent arrest, here's everything we know so far about Joseph Lawson.

CRYSTAL ROGERS CASE | For 8 years Bardstown has been waiting for answers in what happened to the missing mother of 5. With an arrest in the case, there’s a renewed effort to dress the town in T-shirts and signs of support.

“We have never given up hope in the fact that justice is coming, we now more than ever we want to continue our support to help get them through this. This family, is this communities family. We will see them the through. Justice is coming.”-Mary Taylor support organizer

*❤️
*❤️
Lawson was a kid at the time of Crystal’s disappearance/death.

Whether Steve Lawson is related to Joseph Lawson is unknown.

According to the WHAS report, Houck told a Nelson County detective he had a late-night phone call the night Rogers disappeared. When the detective asked about the person on the other line, Houck answered, "Steve Lawson works for me."

After telling the investigator he couldn't remember why Lawson called him so late, Houck called him from inside the interrogation room. Steve Lawson then said he had called that night with a question about rental properties, and Houck allegedly responded that he had to call Rogers to ask before calling him back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back