Found Deceased KY - Justin Tyler Sawyer, 20, Oak Grove, 17 Dec 2020 *arrests*

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
131945688_10160479412933056_2297369674751652592_o.jpg

Clarksville Police Department

Missing Person Update (Originally Released 12/22/20) BBM
Justin Tyler Sawyer was reported missing from his address in Clarksville, Tennessee on December 17, 2020. Clarksville Police Detectives have been working in conjunction with Kentucky State Police in trying to locate Sawyer. The investigation has placed Sawyer's last known location at the Shell Station off of Exit 89 (I-24) in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

We are asking for the public's assistance in identifying a male seen in surveillance footage in the area of Sawyer's last known location. The male is African American, wearing what appears to be all black clothing and black shoes. Foul play is suspected in this case.

We are releasing a more recent picture of Justin Sawyer, the clothing he was last seen wearing (denim jacket) and a photo of the rear of Sawyer's car. The car should be recognizable even if the tag has been removed.
132435793_10160479423758056_4230702501403205441_o.jpg
131212766_10160479413098056_2415337341255203726_o.jpg

• last seen at the Shell station off Exit 89 of Interstate 24 in Oak Grove, Kentucky
  • 5 foot 11 inches
  • approximately 200 lbs.
  • wearing a black shirt, jean jacket and red sneakers
  • 2016 white 4-door Honda Civic TN plate (CPM467)
  • contact Det. Pew, 931-648-0656, ext. 5635 Tipsline 931-645-8477 or P3tips.com/591
Police are working to identify the man pictured below, as seen in surveillance footage in the area of Sawyer's last known location. He is identified as a person of interest in this case-could know more about Justin Tyler Sawyer's whereabouts. Last seen wearing all black clothing and shoes
b0f0044d-6310-467e-a193-dd900f65f39c-located_man.png

Foul play suspected in disappearance of man last seen at gas station; image of person of interest released
Missing person Justin Sawyer: CPD suspects foul play, seeks assistance
Clarksville Police suspect foul play in missing person case

Just came across this link; there’s a screenshot under someone’s comment that is very upsetting if it turns out to be true.

WSMV News 4, Nashville

:eek: Why no updates? I know :rolleyes:...'investigation is ongoing', 'nothing further to release at this time', yada yada. Can we at least know whether they've located Justin? :( His family and friends are in my prayers.

Where was the photo of Justin w/red shoes on taken? The flooring doesn't match the photos of the POI inside the Shell station. Did Justin go inside?

Shell - Google Maps
I believe I remember reading that the photo of Justin w/red shoes on was taken on a different date; it was being used to show what the jean jacket looked like that he happened to have on the day he went missing.

Where was the photo of Justin w/red shoes on taken? The flooring doesn't match the photos of the POI inside the Shell station. Did Justin go inside?

Shell - Google Maps
Foul play suspected in Clarksville missing person case

When I read this article, I take it as he was last seen at his home & LE were able to determine his last known location, which was the gas station.

Justin Tyler Sawyer was last seen at his home six days ago. Police were able to trace his last known location to a Shell station off exit 89 of I-24 in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

I believe he his house was in TN.
So does this mean the POI didn’t know Justin personally?

Shell - Google Maps
Looks like hotel carpeting to me. I wonder if he was there before or after he disappeared. Isn't that CC footage? If so, where'd that pic come from?

Looks like hotel carpeting to me. I wonder if he was there before or after he disappeared. Isn't that CC footage? If so, where'd that pic come from?
Exactly. I understand that they traced him to the Shell but we don't have a photo of him there. So, should we presume he didn't go inside? I agree - this photo looks like a motel and from a cctv. MOO

JAN 2, 2021
Police continue search for missing person | News | mainstreetclarksville.com
[...]

... Clarksville police detectives continue to work with Kentucky State Police to find Sawyer. The investigation placed Sawyer's last known location at a Shell Station off Interstate 24 exit 89 in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

Police asked for the public's help to identify a man seen in surveillance footage in the area of Sawyer's last known location. The male is African-American and wore what appears to be all black clothing and black shoes.

Police suspect foul play in the case.

[...]

JAN 2, 2021
Police continue search for missing person | News | mainstreetclarksville.com
[...]

... Clarksville police detectives continue to work with Kentucky State Police to find Sawyer. The investigation placed Sawyer's last known location at a Shell Station off Interstate 24 exit 89 in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

Police asked for the public's help to identify a man seen in surveillance footage in the area of Sawyer's last known location. The male is African-American and wore what appears to be all black clothing and black shoes.

Police suspect foul play in the case.

[...]

Unless this news group just ran the story again, this is a positive update in that if LE are still searching for him, then the rumors going around weren’t ever confirmed.

JAN 5, 2021
MISSING MAN: Justin Sawyer's car located, CPD says | ClarksvilleNow.com
Clarksville Police have found Justin Sawyer’s white Honda Civic, which was last reported seen on Exit 89 at a Shell gas station in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

Police have also located and spoken with the person of interest seen in surveillance footage in the area of Sawyer’s last known location.

Detective Michael Patterson tells Clarksville Now that this person “may or may not” have had a role in the disappearance, and he declined to comment further.

[...]

Last edited:
KY Police arrest 2 in connection to missing TN man

Justin Tyler Sawyer was reported missing on December 17, 2020 and is believed to be dead, according to KSP.

It is believed that three individuals, Dawuan Davis, 20, of Clarksville, Gene “Doug” Davis, 36, of Oak Grove, and Marquell Devont’e Sims, 22, of Oak Grove, are responsible for the disappearance and believed death.

On January 5, 2021, detectives obtained an arrest warrant, for Dawuan Davis for the charges of Robbery, 1st Degree, Kidnapping (with Serious Physical Injury), and Assault, 1st Degree.

An arrest warrant for Gene "Doug" Davis was obtained January 7, 2021 for the charges of Abuse of a Corpse and Tampering with Physical Evidence.

On January 7, 2021, an arrest warrant for Marquell Devont'e Sims was also obtained on the charges of Complicity to Robbery, 1st Degree, Complicity to Kidnapping (with Serious Physical Injury), and Complicity to Assault, 1st Degree.

Sims has not been located at this time.

KY Police arrest 2 in connection to missing TN man

Justin Tyler Sawyer was reported missing on December 17, 2020 and is believed to be dead, according to KSP.

It is believed that three individuals, Dawuan Davis, 20, of Clarksville, Gene “Doug” Davis, 36, of Oak Grove, and Marquell Devont’e Sims, 22, of Oak Grove, are responsible for the disappearance and believed death.

On January 5, 2021, detectives obtained an arrest warrant, for Dawuan Davis for the charges of Robbery, 1st Degree, Kidnapping (with Serious Physical Injury), and Assault, 1st Degree.

An arrest warrant for Gene "Doug" Davis was obtained January 7, 2021 for the charges of Abuse of a Corpse and Tampering with Physical Evidence.

On January 7, 2021, an arrest warrant for Marquell Devont'e Sims was also obtained on the charges of Complicity to Robbery, 1st Degree, Complicity to Kidnapping (with Serious Physical Injury), and Complicity to Assault, 1st Degree.

Sims has not been located at this time.
What horrible news. :( I hope to see Sims arrested and murder charges added where appropriate.

I found Dawaun Davis in the Christian County Jail but not Gene. I presume he must have bonded out. MOO

Current Inmates - Christian County Detention Center (bluhorse.com)

upload_2021-1-12_23-3-12.jpeg

DAWUAN DAVIS

Code Description Type Disposition Case # OTN # Offense Date
12002 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE F 00000 01/05/2021
13150 ASSAULT, 1ST DEGREE F 00000 01/05/2021
10071 KIDNAPPING ( WITH SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY) F 00000 01/05/2021
73201 FUGITIVE FROM ANOTHER STATE - WARRANT REQUIRED

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online