Identified! KY - Lick Creek, LikelyWhtFem 29-88, UP81070, partial skeletal in ravine, Sep'20 - NamUs removed

Romulus

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP81070
Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found: September 29, 2020
Location Found: Lick Creek, Kentucky

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Recovery: skeletal remains found in a ravine while searching for a missing person. Anthropology consult obtained: likely white female between 29-88 years old

After reading these reports, I thought this UID could be Valerie Hunt but... ?? I haven't checked to see if Hunt has been listed in Namus.

"Pikeville, KY. (December 31, 2020) – Kentucky State Police have identified the deceased as Clara Morgan O’Brien, 39 years old of Fedscreek, KY. O’Brien had previously been reported as missing to KSP on December 21, 2020. Preliminary reports have ruled O’Brien’s death as a homicide.

As a result of this investigation, Chadwick Hunt, 44 years old of Lick Creek, KY has been arrested and lodged in the Pike County Detention Center. He is currently charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence and Abuse of a Corpse. This investigation is ongoing by Detectives at Post 9."

UPDATE: Kentucky State Police Conducts Death Investigation in Pike County – kentuckystatepolice.org

"As this case was not mysterious and tragic enough, in a disturbing coincidence, Chadwick Hunt is also married to another woman who was reported missing this year, Valerie Shantell Hunt, although the two are estranged. Valerie Hunt, 39 years old, of Pikeville, went missing back in July, after last contacting her family from a Lick Creek residence."

BODY FOUND NEAR LAKE IN PIKE COUNTY, KY, MAY BE THAT OF MISSING WOMAN

After reading these reports, I thought this UID could be Valerie Hunt but... ?? I haven't checked to see if Hunt has been listed in Namus.

"Pikeville, KY. (December 31, 2020) – Kentucky State Police have identified the deceased as Clara Morgan O’Brien, 39 years old of Fedscreek, KY. O’Brien had previously been reported as missing to KSP on December 21, 2020. Preliminary reports have ruled O’Brien’s death as a homicide.

As a result of this investigation, Chadwick Hunt, 44 years old of Lick Creek, KY has been arrested and lodged in the Pike County Detention Center. He is currently charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence and Abuse of a Corpse. This investigation is ongoing by Detectives at Post 9."

UPDATE: Kentucky State Police Conducts Death Investigation in Pike County – kentuckystatepolice.org

"As this case was not mysterious and tragic enough, in a disturbing coincidence, Chadwick Hunt is also married to another woman who was reported missing this year, Valerie Shantell Hunt, although the two are estranged. Valerie Hunt, 39 years old, of Pikeville, went missing back in July, after last contacting her family from a Lick Creek residence."

BODY FOUND NEAR LAKE IN PIKE COUNTY, KY, MAY BE THAT OF MISSING WOMAN

Wait...so this UID is identified as Clara Morgan O’Brien?....but the Namus file is still up? Or is this another woman? Confusing.

Wait...so this UID is identified as Clara Morgan O’Brien?....but the Namus file is still up? Or is this another woman? Confusing.

Yes, it's terribly confusing!

Two different women went missing - the one thing they had in common was they were both married to same man (Chad Hunt). One was Clara Morgan O'Brien - Clara's body was found and identified December 2020. Husband is under investigation for her death. The other woman/wife is Valerie Hunt - her family said they last heard from her in July 2020 when she was in the Licking Creek area. Valerie is still considered missing from what little bit of reading I've done.

I would think law enforcement would obviously/immediately compare DNA from UID to Valerie - since one wife (Clara) went missing and was found dead. Maybe they did and she was ruled out... I don't know. I still haven't checked to see if Valerie is listed in Namus.

JMO - Meth/drug use involved.

Last edited:
Yes, it's terribly confusing!

Two different women went missing - the one thing they had in common was they were both married to same man (Chad Hunt). One was Clara Morgan O'Brien - Clara's body was found and identified December 2020. Husband is under investigation for her death. The other woman/wife is Valerie Hunt - her family said they last heard from her in July 2020 when she was in the Licking Creek area. Valerie is still considered missing from what little bit of reading I've done.

I would think law enforcement would obviously/immediately compare DNA from UID to Valerie - since one wife (Clara) went missing and was found dead. Maybe they did and she was ruled out... I don't know. I still haven't checked to see if Valerie is listed in Namus.

JMO - Meth/drug use involved.

Clara O'Brien
There is Clara O'Brien, who's body was found.
This is an obituary for Clara Morgen O'Brien.
Clara Morgan O'Brien Reynolds Obituary - Pikeville, Kentucky , Community Funeral Home | Tribute Archive She left her companion (named R.R. in the obituary and not Hunt) and a son, among other family members.

Update: Body found in Pike County is missing woman, man arrested in the case

She had last contact with Hunt on 18th December 2020, was reported missing on December 21, 2020 and according to the obituary she passed on December 28 2020.

What was the relation between O'Brien and Hunt? Are we sure they were married?

About finding O'Brien's body
According to an arrest citation, troopers responded to Chadwick Hunt’s house on Lick Creek Sunday, where they found a woman’s body on the property. During their investigation, Hunt told police the woman had died and he moved her body to where she was discovered.

Valorie Hunt, missing person
Another woman is missing, namely Hunt's wife Valorie Hunt. Here is her Namus file.

She is missing since July 30, 2020 and was reported missing August 12, 2020.
Was last seen at her (Valorie Hunt) residence of 9038 Lick Creek. According to Valorie Hunt's husband, Valorie Hunt left in the early hours in the morning by vehicle. He could not tell who was in the vehicle that Valorie Hunt left in.

One source states Log into Facebook

Valorie is 5′8″ tall and 160 pounds, with brown eyes and curly dark brown hair.
Namus: 5'7, 140 lbs, brown hair

Then there is the UID in this thread (found on September 28, 2020) There are no useful stats for the UID, besides a very broad age range and that the remains were female; Anthropology consult obtained: likely white female between 29-88 years old

I agree with you...you expect that LE would compare the remains with Valorie Hunt, but it looks like there is not much to compare.

I couldn't find an obituary for Valorie Shantell Griffey (aka Valorie Hunt). I'm very curious who this identified woman is, because it's sounds like this woman was found -so to speak- in Chadwick Hunt's "backyard". I also couldn't find anything from LE about this Jane Doe being identified (yet?)

I couldn't find an obituary for Valorie Shantell Griffey (aka Valorie Hunt). I'm very curious who this identified woman is, because it's sounds like this woman was found -so to speak- in Chadwick Hunt's "backyard". I also couldn't find anything from LE about this Jane Doe being identified (yet?)

I did the same. I couldn't find any new info about Valerie. I don't even know if she's still considered missing.

I did the same. I couldn't find any new info about Valerie. I don't even know if she's still considered missing.
Valerie is still considered missing, yes. Her NamUs is still up thought they sometimes do that with partial remains. Idk if this one was. If this is a third woman, they might be keeping it quiet bc that would make the man a whole serial killer and might get more media attention than they're ready for.

I don't think we know 100% that the title refers to O'Brien. The title refers to a body found in a ravine. O'Brien was not reported to be found in a ravine, but she was found in Mr Hunt's 'property'. It seems from the prison info that you posted, that Mr Hunt is in jail for crimes around O'Brien's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back