KY KY - Perry Stokes, 20, Elkton, 24 Aug 1982

Thanks I figured it out since then. I believe Doug is honest in the letter. I've gone back and forth but he makes more sense than Juerrell's friends.
Agreed. His dad wouldn't have pushed the issue if he had been involved. I am curious as to why his wife died .. considering other posts that say he may have been a mean man. As a side note .. his letter says he was left with 2 other young sons to raise .. with no mention of a daughter. I have seen a few posts here mentioning a daughter.. but his letter does not.

Perry's " friends" apparently were involved in drugs & crimes... Perry had recently been beat up and tossed out of a car .. and his wallet stolen.
His dad wrote that his wallet was found in a car ..probably the car that perry had been thrown out of when his wallet was stolen. That friends car was " Piper" according to the article about him being assaulted. In the article it saId that the attackers threw perry out and beat him up ..stole his wallet and then the attackers drive the car away with the driver of the car ..PIPER .. seated between the 2 attackers.
This smells like a setup to me ... piper most likely involved ... knows perry has $50 ( the reported amount in his wallet.. but possibly there was drugs also involved / stolen which of course he wouldn't have reported to police) and piper helps set it up to have perry robbed and piper has the attackers drive away with him so it looks like he wasn't involved.

More current Articles show that Jr Toner and his Co horts are criminals still with lots of problems with the law and drugs.

I would lean towards Jr. Toner and his group set Perry up once again .. knowing he had the rings for sale. The father's letter states Perry and his friends had gone out to shoot pool after squirrel hunting... so there was other people who could have known if he had cash or jewelry on him.

Perry never returned from his friends ... and they had gone out to shoot pool suggests to a Bar. Its quite feasible others at the bar got together with Jr Toner to set perry up to rob him once again. Only this time it was more than a beating.

So the question is where would they have hid his remains?
Looking a Jr toners mug shot showing him at 58 years old he looks 98. This is what guilt and drugs etc does to a man.
If police did a proper investigation this is a solvable case. Start by asking the potential suspects to take a lie detector test... see who refuses.
Speak to PIPER... who helped beat and rob him that day?
Whoever is responsible for Perry's disappearance has had many many years to make sure the remains are not found.... and if a group was involved one person who knows that others may talk .. could have moved that evidence to ensure never to be found. But.. as we know ...dumb criminals. So there is a possibility he is still right where they put him. Investigators who are familiar with the area may be able to suggest areas to be searched.

They should investigate this case and I bet one of the canaries will sing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtnbee
Back