KY KY - Shively, WhtFem 20-40, UP74, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

Stephanie Banks is now one of 49 rule-outs listed at Namus for this UID.

I looked on Namus and it appears Gayle Marks has not been ruled out. Last seen October 18, 1988, California, age 18 years old, 64 ".

UID 62", estimated. Age at death 20-40, estimated DOD 1990-2005. Hair color a bit different, Gayle blonde (but, may be bottle blonde/dirty blonde), UID with small "shards" on skull.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2791/151 Gayle Marks
https://identifyus.org/cases/74 UID

I apologize for the size of the pictures. Got a new computer and have no idea how to merge pictures yet. :-(

the facial resemblance is good but I checked both profiles and while the details are lacking, it looks like there is DNA for both Gayle and the UID. of course they could be a mismatch of types of DNA but it would be nice to know if they have been looked at.

the big downside here is that Susan was said to be 5'8" a full 5 inches taller than the avg height estimate of the UID (5'2" to 5'4").

they said nothing about the condition of the UID's teeth other than filling in the dental chart. Susan's teeth must have been in bad enough shape for it to have received attention in her MP profile.

the facial resemblance is good but I checked both profiles and while the details are lacking, it looks like there is DNA for both Gayle and the UID. of course they could be a mismatch of types of DNA but it would be nice to know if they have been looked at.

I have a question. How is the DNA run? Do the constantly run the databases? Or do the run it when the info is entered? Do they have to initiate a search on a case by case basis? I guess I don't understand the process. If there is a backlog is it possible they were like two ships passing in the night. Any help would be great!

I wish I knew how to transpose pictures over one another. :-(

I am wondering the same thing about the DNA matching. I couldn't find the answer on the NAMUS site...might be there but I couldn't find it. Seems like it can't be a daily automatic process or more people would have more ruleouts. Some people have DNA entered and no ruleouts...this shouldn't be possible if it were completely automatic and recurring. Then again...I really don't know.

I am not the expert on the process used. I assume that when a new UID case is added with DNA or DNA is added to an existing case, the DNA runs through the entire database and looks for a match. if it is found, great they got a match, if not then it remains in the UID files.

I assume when a new missing person is added with DNA the same process is run. however, the two main types of DNA are not interchangeable, i.e. the mitochondrial and the nuclear DNA. so unless you have mtDNA or nucDNA from both the UID and the MP, even if they are a match, it will not be picked up.

Yes, that is the way that CODIS operates. It constantly cycles through every MP DNA profile in the database, and compares each one to every UID DNA profile in the database.

From what I understand, NamUs requires the UP Case manager to generate a list of possible MP matches for a particular UID case. I don't think it's a constant looping cycle like CODIS is.

I am wondering the same thing about the DNA matching. I couldn't find the answer on the NAMUS site...might be there but I couldn't find it. Seems like it can't be a daily automatic process or more people would have more ruleouts. Some people have DNA entered and no ruleouts...this shouldn't be possible if it were completely automatic and recurring. Then again...I really don't know.

I was told by one of the LE offices I talked to -- Mr. Van Norman, perhaps? -- that when the UID is run, LE gets back a list of potential matches that includes everybody in the database who matches the criteria they entered. (which means that those cases we find where the height has been entered wrong are generating either wrong lists or no lists.) They then have to follow up and investigate those by hand -- sometimes dozens or hundreds of names. Those are the rule-outs and they have to be entered by hand. The DNA, however, would only return one name if it's a match. Everybody else is a ruleout by default.

If I understood him correctly. And that doesn't answer all your questions.

just to let you know I searched Namus in
IL, KY, OH and IN for any data that might match this case and haven't found anything consistant.
Also Shively is Just outside of Louisville KY..last I remember. And Louisville does have an Airport. Also a bus station. It's possible that she could be from anywhere, granted that's where she may have been abducted from. It's not uncommon for people to get lost in that area. (I've been lost there a few times myself.) And easily could end up in the "wrong side of town/ high crime area". Just something to consider.

Louisville has a large airport, Louisville Int'l Airport, which isn't very far from where this lady was found. It "sounds" like a bigger airport than it really is. It became an International airport (from Standiford Field) because UPS has a large hub nearby and they use it for international shipping flights. I'm pretty certain that there are rarely (if ever) any passenger flights going out of the country.

She was also found near the University of Louisville and Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby) among other tourist attractions like stadiums, etc.

I have a feeling that she was some variation of "sex trade worker" based on her location. There are several strip clubs or other "adult" business along this road. There are usually lots of people loitering outside these clubs related in some way to the sex/drug trade.

Let's see if we can revive this thread.

SALENA TACKETT
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tackett_salena.html

Salena is not in NamUs. I was just going down CharleyProject's list of missing people in 2003 when I came across her.

Here's why I think Salena is a good PM:
  • Race matches
  • Hair description (color and length) matches
  • Age (25) is within range
  • Timing (2003) is within range
  • Distance between Hendersonville and Shively is 169 miles (about 2 1/2 hours)
  • Tackett and her husband (who has been charged with her presumed murder) have ties to Kentucky, where the UID was found
  • Tackett looks very similar to the UID's reconstruction, in my opinion. She has the same narrow nose.

I cannot find any information regarding her height or weight.

Here's a side-by-side of Tackett and the UID:

cZAZ0NM.png

Has the police ever gone back over the crime scene? Anything new that maybe they can report now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concernedcitizen706
Back