KY KY - Shively, WhtFem 20-40, UP74, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

"Bossier City woman's search for missing mother leads to Baton Rouge, Kentucky"

http://www.ktbs.com/story/28493696/bossier-city-womans-search-for-missing-mother-leads-to-baton-rouge-kentucky

Williams looked through unidentified persons cases on nameus.gov and The Doe Network. Wednesday, she found their best lead yet: an unidentified woman found near Louisville, Kentucky.

The facial features in the recreation line up, so do age and height. The woman's bones were found in 2005 when a bulldozer was demolishing several buildings. The local medical examiner's office estimates she was left there any time between 1990 and her discovery. There were strands of short brown hair on the skull, which would match Gary's natural color.

Rebecca Pauline Gary:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gary_rebecca.html

7117644_G.jpg

7117660_G.jpg

Hoping we hear something about Rebecca Gary and this UID soon....
(best I can tell, there's no news yet)

Is there any reason besides the "physical" stuff (i.e. ht/wt/age, "distinctive" nose, etc) tying Rebecca Gary to this UID?

It seems likely that Gary was killed somewhere in Louisiana.
It would be hard for me to imagine that someone then dumped her body in Louisville. It's so far.

I thought killers down in that area would just have to dump a body in a swamp or bayou and it would get eaten by wildlife (alligators, etc) or otherwise disappear. Maybe that's not as likely as it sounds, as I haven't dumped a body into a swamp to find out. Still, killing someone in Louisiana and taking them to a city in Kentucky to dump them doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any reason besides the "physical" stuff (i.e. ht/wt/age, "distinctive" nose, etc) tying Rebecca Gary to this UID?

It seems likely that Gary was killed somewhere in Louisiana.
It would be hard for me to imagine that someone then dumped her body in Louisville. It's so far.

I thought killers down in that area would just have to dump a body in a swamp or bayou and it would get eaten by wildlife (alligators, etc) or otherwise disappear. Maybe that's not as likely as it sounds, as I haven't dumped a body into a swamp to find out. Still, killing someone in Louisiana and taking them to a city in Kentucky to dump them doesn't make sense to me.

I agree but some bodies do get dumped in other states thinking they won't get tied to anyone; especially since she was seeing a congressman.

While it's likely she came to harm, it's by no means conclusive. She could have been alive when she left the state and killed later.

"Bossier City woman waits for DNA answers on long-missing mother's birthday"

http://www.ktbs.com/story/29175027/bossier-city-woman-waits-for-dna-answers-on-long-missing-mothers-birthday

It's been a longer wait than the 4-8 weeks turnaround time she expected, but Williams says she keeps her mind busy with work and loved ones.

"When I just sit and do nothing, that's when my brain starts going," Williams said. "It's brought our family a little closer, I think. We're all dealing with it in our own way."

UNT has her DNA; Grateful Dead Fan is going on 5 months IIRC so she's in for a wait unfortunately

the article said she was living in baton rouge, KY. i have never heard of one being in KY, and i do know there is one in LA. so idk.

While it's likely she came to harm, it's by no means conclusive. She could have been alive when she left the state and killed later.

the article said she was living in baton rouge, KY. i have never heard of one being in KY, and i do know there is one in LA. so idk.

There's a Baton Rouge Road in Williamstown, which is just over the border from Cincinnati. But that's an interesting thought. That would make her MUCH more likely.

I'm pretty sure it means that her search had led to Baton Rouge AND Kentucky. Also, that was a link to a previous story explaining her search.

lol DUH that went right over my head!

I'm pretty sure it means that her search had led to Baton Rouge AND Kentucky. Also, that was a link to a previous story explaining her search.

UNT has her DNA; Grateful Dead Fan is going on 5 months IIRC so she's in for a wait unfortunately

Do you think she could have been told that it would take 4 to 8 weeks? On June 7th, she posted on the Help Find Rebecca Pauline Gary Facebook Page saying that it's now been 11 weeks since DNA was submitted and she feels this is the week that the tests will reveal if it's a match or not.

Help Find Rebecca Pauline Gary Facebook Page

It's been an emotional day our family. We've waited 15 weeks for the testing to be completed and we are hoping that the comparisons to our DNA samples will be pretty quick. No one wants Mom/Becky to be Kentucky Doe, we would like her to be alive, happy somewhere but realistically more than likely isn't the case so closure is what we are hoping for. Please continue to pray for our family. This isn't easy on any of us. We are all grieving and handling it in our own way. Having a missing loved one is hell, no one should have to go through this. I'm praying this 26 year nightmare I'm living is close to being over.

We are at 6 months for Grateful dead fan. Jason Callahan's DNA was done processing back on Tammy's memorial June 10th; they still have not called it. I have no clue what's taking so long since UNT holds both sets of DNA
Praying it doesn't take so long for her kids.

Help Find Rebecca Pauline Gary Missing December27, 1988 23 hrs ·

The tests are complete so we are just waiting on them to compare the DNA to Kentucky Doe so please say a prayer for our family.

So how do they log it in CODIS? I know for a fact that they run CODIS about twice a day to see if there are any matches, so why can't they just log those two DNA sets into CODIS? Because Shively Doe and Grateful Doe are both in CODIS if I'm not mistaken...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back