LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

I think we'd all love an update

Amen to that.
In the Cochise case I have always wondered about that body they found in the barrel. I know DNA results revealed that it was not Cochise but they never did say who that body was. I'm thinking maybe their suspect had murdered more than just one guy and put his body in a barrel. I mean what are the odds of that not being the same killer.

Hey guys! I'm new to WebSleuths but thought I would come on here and give the much deserved and desired update that I've managed to dig up on the Eugenie Boisfontaine case. I'm from Atlanta GA and remember watching Killing Fields when it streamed but in the last year, rewatched the series and started on what I could find out about Eugenie. I've managed to have several conversations with Rodie Sanchez, retired Iberville Parish lead detective on the case with Aubrey St. Angelo. After much discussion & a glass of whisky in hand, I finally asked Rodie, "who killed Eugenie Boisfointaine?" & in his thick Cajun accent, he was CONFIDENT that it was "dat bastad ex husband". Now, take that with a grain of salt if you choose. But the last update I was given was that he is still trying to get the case reopened after her Mother's death.

I liked Rodie and his attitude. Did he give any motive as to why?

I liked Rodie and his attitude. Did he give any motive as to why?
He's definitely got a charm to him. His southern hospitality was like no other when I expressed my interest in talking to him about Eugenie. He really didn't. Other than the fact that he was an aggressive and abusive man in their marriage. Whether it was jealously, an argument, he never did say what he thought conspired here. Unfortunately, a family friend put me in contact with Rodie & I've since lost contact since he moved back to Plaquemine Parish. I do understand that he's doing a CrimeCruise in October 2021 and this is going to be one of the cases covered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back