LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

:tears: There are no words to describe the horror this little boy went through. When you think of all the people in the world who would give their own life to save a child, any child, and then he could do that to his own little one. What can you say about that level of depravity?

The document also quoted Wright as saying that he and Lirette had argued the night before, and he expected eviction. Lirette had left about 8 a.m. to get her truck, "and she was planning to pick up the truck and use it to take Wright to his mother's house," Favalora wrote.

Wright then said that he 'went to work,' referring to killing Jori, right after Jesslyn left," the statement said.

"Wright added that because of Jori's medical condition ... he could not cry much," the statement said. It continues with graphic details about the decapitation and dismemberment.

There are times when words fail. I am so sorry for what happened to this little boy, and I am so grateful that his suffering is over, that he will NEVER experience pain like this again.

There is always something worse, just when you think you've heard everything. I'm at a loss right now...I just want to cry........poor baby...

WARNING - VERY GRAPHIC!!!! === WARNING - VERY GRAPHIC!!!!

Questioned by Thibodaux Police Capt. Kyle Cressione, Wright said he was angry about his breakup with longtime girlfriend Jesslyn Lirette, Jori’s mother, and his pending eviction, the affadavit, filed as part of the court record, says.

He was also “tired of taking care of the dummy” and upset that Jori soiled himself and Wright that morning, the papers say.

He saw that as signs that “Jori was a dummy and not his son. He started contemplating on killing him,” the papers say.

Jesslyn, intending to end the relationship, left the home at 8 a.m. Sunday to retrieve her truck, which she planned to use to take him to his mother’s house, the papers say.

Once she left, Wright picked Jori up and carried him to the kitchen sink, he told police. Wright said he didn’t want to look at Jori, so he put a plastic shopping bag over the boy’s head.

Jori gasped and started to cry when Wright first began to saw back and forth on Jori’s neck with a saw from his toolbox, the report says. He next cut off Jori’s limbs at the elbows and knees.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819568/1314?Title=Father-details-slaying

OK I've had enough....he cut off his head while he was conscious????? This needs to die.

I will never be the same after reading that. That child deserved SO much better.

The man is evil.

Morvant said he is not concerned that excessive media coverage will hinder the chances of finding a jury pool from Lafourche Parish.

“I have no reason to believe it's not going to be tried here,” Morvant said.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819568/1314?p=3&tc=pg

WTH?? He confessed and gave a brutal and explicit account of what he did to the poor child... HIS child. a jury? a trial? So we're to assume he is going to plead insanity? Our justice system needs to put a STOP to these blatant abuses of our system.
SMH
I just don't get it!

Morvant said he is not concerned that excessive media coverage will hinder the chances of finding a jury pool from Lafourche Parish.

“I have no reason to believe it's not going to be tried here,” Morvant said.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819568/1314?p=3&tc=pg

WTH?? He confessed and gave a brutal and explicit account of what he did to the poor child... HIS child. a jury? a trial? So we're to assume he is going to plead insanity? Our justice system needs to put a STOP to these blatant abuses of our system.
SMH
I just don't get it!

Why are you assuming he's going to plead insanity because there's going to be a jury and a trial?

There will be a jury and a trial if he pleads not guilty or guilty or nolo contendere too, won't there?

The only way there won't be a jury and a trial that I can think of is if he makes a plea bargain. I don't want a plea bargain, personally. I'm hoping the prosecutor will be able to go for the death penalty, and he'll be sentenced to it, because we need to get this evilness off the face of the earth.

This man doesn't deserve a trial. Forgive me for saying this but he deserves the death penalty and a needle is too good for him!

This man doesn't deserve a trial. Forgive me for saying this but he deserves the death penalty and a needle is too good for him!

The thing is, I don't think you can get the death penalty without a trial. Maybe you can have a trial in front of just a judge instead of a jury, but I think you have to have a trial.

I don't know for sure though. IANAL. I'm just devastated by all this. I think about the terror and confusion and pain and feelings of betrayal and trying to cry and scream and fight and struggle and not being able to that little Jori went through, and I just can't stand it. I just can't. It's the most horrifying thing I've ever heard of. Beyond horrifying. I don't have words for it. I don't think there are words for it.

The thing is, I don't think you can get the death penalty without a trial. Maybe you can have a trial in front of just a judge instead of a jury, but I think you have to have a trial.

I don't know for sure though. IANAL. I'm just devastated by all this. I think about the terror and confusion and pain and feelings of betrayal and trying to cry and scream and fight and struggle and not being able to that little Jori went through, and I just can't stand it. I just can't. It's the most horrifying thing I've ever heard of. Beyond horrifying. I don't have words for it. I don't think there are words for it.

I know he gets a trial I just meant he doesn't deserve one. I believe there is a special place in he!! for people who abuse or murder a child.

Why are you assuming he's going to plead insanity because there's going to be a jury and a trial?

There will be a jury and a trial if he pleads not guilty or guilty or nolo contendere too, won't there?

The only way there won't be a jury and a trial that I can think of is if he makes a plea bargain. I don't want a plea bargain, personally. I'm hoping the prosecutor will be able to go for the death penalty, and he'll be sentenced to it, because we need to get this evilness off the face of the earth.

I'm so confused!!! I thought if someone pled guilty they were sentenced and end of story? How could he plead not guilty if he has already given a full confession?
Do tell! :waitasec:
I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV ;)
TIA!

ETA: Maybe I watch too much Law and Order because I seriously thought that's how it worked :(

I'm so confused!!! I thought if someone pled guilty they were sentenced and end of story? How could he plead not guilty if he has already given a full confession?
TIA!

Even though he has confessed he will get a trial unless he agrees to plead guilty (usually a plea agreement) and be sentenced by the judge, which he probably won't.

He can still plead not guilty even with a confession. They do it everyday. This allows the defense to offer information that proves he did it but it wasn't his fault. I say that tongue in cheek. It also allows him to fight for his life. No death penalty. Or fight for a lesser sentence rather than life or lwop.

Did this happen in a state that has the death penalty? I haven't checked.

This is my limited knowlege so anyone who knows more feel free to jump in at any time!

Even though he has confessed he will get a trial unless he agrees to plead guilty (usually a plea agreement) and be sentenced by the judge, which he probably won't.

He can still plead not guilty even with a confession. They do it everyday. This allows the defense to offer information that proves he did it but it wasn't his fault. I say that tongue in cheek. It also allows him to fight for his life. No death penalty. Or fight for a lesser sentence rather than life or lwop.

Did this happen in a state that has the death penalty? I haven't checked.

This is my limited knowlege so anyone who knows more feel free to jump in at any time!

Absolutely we have the death penalty.

We even sentenced someone to death row for sexual abuse of a child, but the supreme court said it was cruel and unusual punishment for the crime. :waitasec:

Louisiana does not play with those who hurt children.

TIA!

ETA: Maybe I watch too much Law and Order because I seriously thought that's how it worked :(

Oh God, deelytful. You're right. I don't know what I'm thinking of. This case has me so upset I don't know if I'm coming or going after reading that article today about how he did it.

You're right. With a guilty plea, you just get a sentencing, no trial. I think some states don't allow a guilty plea in a death penalty case though. I'm going to have to read up on the Louisiana laws tomorrow. I'm too wiped out to do it tonight.

You can plead not guilty after a confession. There are all kinds of defenses to use for a confession.

Oh God, deelytful. You're right. I don't know what I'm thinking of. This case has me so upset I don't know if I'm coming or going after reading that article today about how he did it.

You're right. With a guilty plea, you just get a sentencing, no trial. I think some states don't allow a guilty plea in a death penalty case though. I'm going to have to read up on the Louisiana laws tomorrow. I'm too wiped out to do it tonight.

You can plead not guilty after a confession. There are all kinds of defenses to use for a confession.

Thanks BeanE. As you saw I gave all of limited knowledge and I don't swear that I got it all correct. It differs from state to state.

Thanks for jumping in to save me..............:hero:

I guess if they want to give him the death penalty, I can definitely understand why he would be given a trial, but otherwise i just think it's SUCH a waste of taxpayer's money!! Sigh. maybe they'll "forget" to take his shoelaces (JK JK of course! :yes: :no:)

OT: BeanE you offer so much to every thread I seem to go to! I don't know how you do it all, but thanks!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back