LA LA-Tina Ledet, 35, Jefferson Parish, 18 Dec 1993

ADKGemini

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Tina Ledet – The Charley Project

Tina Ledet
  • tina_ledet_1.jpg
Ledet, circa 1993

• Missing Since12/18/1993
  • Missing FromGretna, Louisiana
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth07/13/1958 (61)
  • Age35 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA pink and white shirt, blue jeans and pink Reebok shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Ledet may use the last name Ponthieux.
Details of Disappearance
Ledet was last seen with two men at the Brass Eagle Lounge on Stumpf Boulevard in Gretna, Louisiana on December 18, 1993. She has never been heard from again. Her case remains unsolved.
Missing Persons, Unidentified Persons - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People

Her daughter posted this of facebook:
Dana Ledet Clements
Missing People in Louisiana

SAtslSSpaprial u2os4t,hn s20oluo1re9dgh ·
This is a long shot but I’m thinking someone may know something...so here it goes...
My mom (Tina Ledet, maiden name was Ponthieux) has been missing since 12/18/93. She was last seen at the Brass Eagle in Terrytown. According to the police report a man with tattoos came in, talked to my mom for a few minutes and then they left together. Nobody has seen her since.
I just found out the other day that she may have been either dating or living with someone named Mike that lived in Mary Poppins. My mom was in a bad place at this time so I’m not really sure what she had going on. Plus I was only 15. After snooping around, I ended up on the missing persons page and noticed this guy named Michael Reynolds and to my surprise he has also been missing since the same day as my Mom. He also has some tattoos. This could be a total coincidence but I have to find out more about him. Who reported him missing? Does his family know my mom? Here is both missing person reports on my mom and this guy. Does anyone know either of them? TIA! I appreciate any info that you have.
Michael Wayne Reynolds – The Charley Project

Her daughter posted this of facebook:
Dana Ledet Clements
Missing People in Louisiana

SAtslSSpaprial u2os4t,hn s20oluo1re9dgh ·
This is a long shot but I’m thinking someone may know something...so here it goes...
My mom (Tina Ledet, maiden name was Ponthieux) has been missing since 12/18/93. She was last seen at the Brass Eagle in Terrytown. According to the police report a man with tattoos came in, talked to my mom for a few minutes and then they left together. Nobody has seen her since.
I just found out the other day that she may have been either dating or living with someone named Mike that lived in Mary Poppins. My mom was in a bad place at this time so I’m not really sure what she had going on. Plus I was only 15. After snooping around, I ended up on the missing persons page and noticed this guy named Michael Reynolds and to my surprise he has also been missing since the same day as my Mom. He also has some tattoos. This could be a total coincidence but I have to find out more about him. Who reported him missing? Does his family know my mom? Here is both missing person reports on my mom and this guy. Does anyone know either of them? TIA! I appreciate any info that you have.
Michael Wayne Reynolds – The Charley Project

Wow, it appears Tina's daughter Dana found discovered a very solid lead. According to Google, Gretna, LA is 6 minute drive from Marrero, Louisiana where Michael disappeared from on the same day. I wonder if she has passed this information onto LE?

MR is listed in NamUs as possibly disappearing exactly a decade earlier (1983.) Then lower on the profile, it states he may have disappeared in 1993.

No one (LE) took the time to resolve this discrepancy yet? Or perhaps someone did report the tip, and they are currently trying to resolve it.

We should keep an eye on his NamUs page.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping case up.
In NamUs, MR is currently listed as also disappearing in 1993.
Now I am so curious if they went missing together and if either of them has been found to have worked, applied for benefits, etc. under their social security numbers since 1993. We have no way to know, though.

Name: Tina Ledet
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 18, 1993
Location Last Seen: Gretna, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: July 13, 1958
Race: White
Height: 5'6
Weight: 125-135 lbs.
Hair Color: Light brown to blonde
Eye Color: Hazel or blue
Nickname/Alias: Tina Ponthieux
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Fair complexion

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Blue jeans, pink and white shirt, pink Reebok shoes
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Tina was last seen at the Brass Eagle Lounge on Stumpf Boulevard in Gretna, Louisiana on December 18, 1993, with two male friends.

According to one of Tina's friends, she met a man at the bar who identified himself as named Troy. The man bought Tina drinks. Tina's two friends left the bar, but Tina stayed with Troy and later left with him to go to Fat City. She has not been seen since.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Kevin Ridge
Agency Phone Number: 504-364-5300
Agency E-Mail: missingperson@jpso.com
Agency Case Number: L-26463-93

Agency Name: LSU FACES Lab
Agency Contact Person: Teresa Wilson, Forensic Anthropologist
Agency Phone Number: 225-578-4761
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 399

NCIC Case Number: M-302193301
NamUs Case Number: 4152

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
LSU FACES Lab
Find Tina Ledet FB Page

Admin Notes​

Added: Prior to 2008; Last Updated: 6/7/22 - By: hb

So I'd assume "Troy" had tattoos. The facebook page mentions one of her two male friends she was first with that night was also named Troy. I wonder if the "Troy" she left with gave his real name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back